Two

Dead End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I almost gave up waiting on you! I seriously thought you wouldn’t make it,” Chorong greets her cheerfully. Sohee gleams as she spots the empty window seat next to her. It touches her a little that she probably has kept it free for her. Especially since Chorong belongs to the more popular girls, and would have found a sitting partner in no time if she wanted.

“I brought you a little something,” Sohee confesses, and sneakily pulls out a little bag she has hidden beneath her shirt earlier before taken her seat next to her. “I got off two stops before and therefore got a chance to take the short-cut through the market. I sa-“ but she doesn’t make it to the last words as Chorong exclaims happily, “Chicken feet?! You’re the best, your late coming is forgiven!”

She offers her a bite but Sohee politely declaims. It’s really not her favorite dish, but she knows how much Chorong loves them and after shamelessly screwing this poor guy off some money she felt like it wouldn’t be the worst idea to do something good with it and surprise her friend. Now more than pleased that she has thought so far, even though it has taken her some more minutes to actually reach the bus. Well, what Mister Son doesn’t know won’t hurt him.

“Are you excited? Stuff like this has always been your kind of thing, no?”

Sohee in her bottom lip, pretending to be in thought about the question. Before shaking her head, “Not really, I mean yes I like stuff like this, but I’m not that excited. Interested, yes. I’m not really into this creepy horror stuff, I just like the calmness of a cemetery. It feels oddly homey. Like, mind soothing. So I’m not sure about this one. Sounds more like some urban legend thing and I’m really not that fond of sleeping in a temple,” Sohee muses and continues to gnaw on her lips.

“Says the history A grade student,” Chorong teases, “but say, are you still going to participate in that ballet play after summer breaks?”

“Looks like it. Everyone was onto me reminding me how important it is to do my daily stretches.” Sohee smiles weakly before glancing toward Chorong,”would you help me? I mean we could do some stretches together, right?” It’s always more fun and rewarding when extra chores are shared. Also, Chorong is flexible and as far as Sohee knows is she just as much focused to get the next Taekwondo belt, so stretching wouldn’t be the worst for her either.

“Sure!” Chorong nods her head, and Sohee beams at her. Proud of herself how she stealthily managed to also find her room partner for at least tonight.

Her expectations weren’t wrong. It was nice and all, and informative to have an intern guide through a temple. After that, they were asked to give up on their entertainment electronics for the week. As for whatever reason their teachers thought it would be nice to experience the real temple life. With doing chores, bathing in the cold water of the wells, and eating special diets including much vegetables and a bowl of overcooked rice.

Sohee absolutely despises this. And by 'this', she doesn’t even exactly mean the outdated life style, the constant prayers, or the boring chores. No, she means the feeling of being locked away. There is only a little off time and nowhere to go. She is almost relieved when the day passes and the coming of the night dawns upon them.

After some more evening prayers and a spare meal, they were finally dismissed to go in their rooms. Chorong holds her promise and really does take a room with her. With them is Hani, who left soon after everyone else has prepared for the night. It’s pretty obvious that she thinks to be stealthy and Sohee has to admit they were pretty discreet about it. But the affair between their sports teacher and her always has been an open secret to her. It’s pretty obvious in the way he glances at her during sports routines. Or how she always stays back after class to help clean. Clean her , the only thing she did clean was the mess he left inside of her. Obviously poor Hoya is one of the few who are not aware of it.

However, neither of the two remaining girls do the promised stretches, as both were too tired from the day. And there is only little to no motivation in an almost dark room, as they have to use oil lamps. “I feel like we traveled back in time…” Chorong muses as she blows out the lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter