Venus

\/s ↮ A Female Survival Program
↮\/s↮
final Episode

As with the previous episode, the show starts with a series of clips recapping the events from the week before.

"Hoon, you have successfully earned more points that Hiroko. Welcome to the show."

"This final challenge involves your debut songs."

"I think we're ready guys. Let's go get that debut!"

"Things may not work out the way they need to Hyomin, are we prepared for that?"

"It's a tie then. What should we do now?"

"For once... I really don't know."

Instead of the logo coming in as it normally would, the final recap scene transitions immediately to the start of the new episode.

Hyomin is standing stiffly in front of the two teams, Gyujin by her side. The ten girls in front of her are waiting for the verdict, and the nervous tension is palpable around them.

The host clears . "I'm sure you're all quite excited to find out who will be debuting next week. However there has been a slight technicality. Due to Ahri fainting during the eighth challenge the scores between the two groups are now tied."

Only Jiwon seems understand what the hosts mean, as her eyes darken while the others just look at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean we're tied? Did both debuts get the same number of votes?" Miyeon is the one who eventually vetures a question, though she looks uncharacteristically nervous to be the one talking.

Hyomin shakes her head. "Actually, ever since the final two teams were formed, your wins and losses have been tallied. There were supposed to be five challenges total, with the best three out of five recieving the debut and spending this final episode filming their debut music video and cleaning up their performance for their official debut stage. But instead each team has won two of the challenges leaving you tied up."

The girls exchange looks once again, and again Miyeon is silently chosen as the one to speak.

"So what happens now?" The visual questions hesitantly.

Hyomin sighs slightly. "Now you return to the dorms and rest. We'll have a tiebreak prepared in the morning. Dismissed."

The contestants hesitate some, but eventually head out of the theatre, leaving Hyomin and Gyujin alone to discuss.

Gyujin glances over at his cohost, and after a moment speaks up hesitantly. "So what are we going to do?"

Hyomin's brow is furrowed, turning down. "I'll need to make some phone calls. You tell the stage staff to be here on Wednesday, and call in the judges for tomorrow. We'll work this out."

Gyujin hesistates, and then nods and leaves.

"What do you think will happen now?" Yoonhee's question sounds just before the camera focus switches to show the contestants walking down the familiar halls of the Arirang building. It remains unanswered for a long moment as the contestants make their way back to the dorms. Finally, Shisae replies.

"I don't think anyone is sure right now. We'll just have to wait for morning."

No one looks very happy with that plan, but with nothing else to do the ten girls begin getting ready for bed.

The frame speeds up, showing the ten moving through their nightly routines. There isn't much discussion between them as they copmlete their routines, and by midnight only two remain in the main room.

Shisae is standing in a corner on the opposite end of the room from the bedroom doors. She's on the phone, and though she doesn't speak often there's a warm smile gracing her features.

Sitting curled up in one of the chairs is Ahri, who's put on headphones and buried her nose in a book. Neither girl acknowledges the other's presence, but when Shisae hangs up thirty minutes later she says goodnight to her teammate, who responds in kind with a smile.

Anotehr thirty minutes pass before Ahri puts her book down, yawns, and then heads to bed. The camera view then slows and switches to what appears to be an office space, where Hyomin, Gyujin, and Hyunmi are all sitting around a table, each with their phones out and lists of names in front of them. However only Hyomin is  on the line, and Hyunmi and Gyujin wait patiently for her to finish her conversation.

"He can? Excellent, it's greatly appreciated. We'll see him on Wednesday then. Goodnight." She hangs up and makes a mark on the paper in front of her before blowing out and exhausted breath and placing the phone down. "And that's everyone. I think we'll have a decently sized panel for Wednesday then?"

Hyunmi nods. "Most of my contacts were more than happy to help out." She replies, and then yawns. "And if I'm no longer needed I think I'm going to crash in the staff room tonight. The last SMS train left an hour ago."

Hyomin, looking surprised, glances up at the clock and blinks. "Oh wow, it's late."

Gyujin chuckles, though his own voice is heavy with fatigue. "Yes, yes it is."

Hyomin looks apologetic. "You two go ahead and get some sleep, I can finish up here. There isn't that much to do."

Both nod and exit the room, Gyujin politely holding the door open for Hyunmi as they do. Hyomin's eyes stare at the closed door for a moment before she turns back to the papers in front of her.

The scene speeds up again, showing Hyomin continuing to work even as light starts filtering into the  room from between the curtains. She makes a few more calls before gathering the papers and heading out of the room herself. The time stamp in the corner shows that it's seven in the morning.

The scene shifts back to the dorms, where the girls are up and moving through their morning routines. It's less polished than the last time it was shown - Hoon keeps getting in people's way - but for the most part things go smoothly and within fifteen minutes they're all ready and heading for the theatre.

Hyomin is already waiting for them when they arrive, Gyujin next to her and the judges standing just behind them.

The girls quickly sit down, separating into their teams as they do, and wait for the host to speak, their nerves heavy in the air.

Hyomin waits until everyone is settled before she begins.

"Due to the unexpected nature of this tiebreak, we're in a bit of a time crunch. As such your performances for this challenge will be presented on Wednesday."

The girls share nervous glances, and there's a cut to an interview with Minah.

"When I heard we had less than two days to make an entire performance I was really worried." She admits. "I mean we can barely get things together over a week sometimes, how could we do it in a quarter of that time?"

The scene changes back to Hyomin as she continues her explanation. "However this challenge will not be your standard team effort. Due to the short timeframe we felt it would make more sense to instead divide you into pairs." She gestures to the judges standing behind her. "Three of the pairs will recieve assitance from our judges, and two will have access to the backup dancers for their performances."

Jiwon raises a hand and Hyomin nods to her. "Pairs, ma'am? How do you mean?"

The host nods again. "A member from Team One and a member of Team Two have been randomly matched to work together for this challenge. An audience of guest judges will vote on which of the two within the pair did a better job. Whichever team has more individual winners will be the one to debut this Sunday. Any other questions?"

The contestants remain silent, quietly eyeing each other, and the host claps her hands, waving to Gyujin.

The cohost steps up, holding up a sheet of paper that he'd been clutching for the entire explanation. "We had a randomizer pair you up last night, and we also randomized which assitant you'll have and what order you'll be performing in. That said," He smiles faintly. "There were some interestingly well-done pairings." Clearing his throat he begins reading.

"Shisae and Minah, you two will be performing first. You'll have the male backup dancers at your disposal for your performance."

The leaders share a glance, and Minah gives a small smile, which Shisae returns.

Gyujin continues. "Second we'll have Jakyung and Miyeon. Inho will be your helper."

Inho scoffs. "Neither of them even raps! How am I supposed to help?"

Hyomin shoots the young judge a look that clearly says 'shut up'. Meanwhile Jakyung offers a high five to Miyeon, who nervously consents.

"Third to go will be Jiwon and Yoonhee. You'll have assitance from Hyunmi."

Jiwon smiles at the announcement, and offers a handshake to her partner. However Yoonhee skips it and goes for a one-armed hug. "We've got this partner!"

"It's still a competition Yoonhee-" Jiwon points out as she tries to squirm away. Gyujin ignores them and moves on to the penultimate pair.

"Fourth will be Natchaya and Ahri. You girls will be working with our female backup dancers."

Ahri looks thrilled at the announcment, while Natchaya gives a lazy shrug of acceptance.

"And finally, we'll end with a main vocalist face-off between Hoon ahd Kaerin. You girls have Iseul to help you as well so we're expecting some big voices for the finale." Gyujin folds the paper as he finishes and gives the general assembly a warm grin.

Kaerin beams back, while Hoon remains more reserved. The scene shifts to an interview with the new contestant.

"I mean really, what are the chances of that? Two main vocals, working with the vocal judge, and as the final performance? I find it hard to believe that was randomized." She admits.

Back in the theatre, the girls are splitting off into their pairs. The backup dancers have also arrived, and the girls and boys are standing on opposite ends of the stage. Ahri is quick to trot over to the female dancers and begin chatting with them excitedly, leaving Natchaya to follow. The Thai girl rolls her eyes towards Jakyung, who laughs slightly and then gives her friend a push towards Ahri and the dancer.

Miyeon walks over to Jakyung just after and smiles, though she still looks extremely nervous. Jakyung doesn't seem to notice her partner's tension and happily drags the visual over to Inho, who continues to look highly unimpressed with general events.

Shisae and the male backup dancers seem to already be discussing possible performance ideas while Minah stands to the side awkwardly, occasionally looking like she wants to speak up, but then closing again and continuing to silently observe.

Yoonhee is in a similar situation as Jiwon talks with Hyunmi. The Team One maknae seems to already have an idea of what the performance should be, and her Team Two partner is allowing herself to be swept along. However, unlike Minah, she seems quite cheerful about not having much of a say, nodding enthusiastically every so often in response to something one of the two says.

The two vocalists are the last to meet up. Hoon analyzes Kaerin carefully before speaking.

"So I've never really heard you sing. Iseul says you have really good techique, but I think the dancing takes your edge off."

Kaerin shrugs. "Probably! My vocal teacher says I'm really good for someone who's mostly self-taught. You're really good too though, our performance is going to be amazing for sure!"

"We'll see about that." Iseul interrupts their discussion. "You may both be good singers, but it takes more than that to create a performance. We should probably get going now if we want to make sure this is as top notch as possible."

The two girls nod in agreement, and the trio exits the theatre. The rest of the groups follow them shortly after, and the theatre is left empty.


The scene opens to show Shisae and Minah already hard at work on a familiar choreography.

The two are working on different sections, but the dance is undeniably the oft covered 24 Hours by Wonder Girls' Sunmi. Each of the two is partnered with two of the male backup dancers and each has taken control of her own section.

On one side of the room, Minah is keeping things rather simple. She and her backup dancers are walking through identical moves, the men shadowing her step for step. Meanwhile Shisae is tackling more complex parts of the dance with one of her dancers while the other stands to the side looking somewhat bored.

"Hey I'm going to get some more water, you guys need any refills?" He speaks up shortly after the scene comes into focus, his voice betraying his annoyance at not having much to do.

Minah and Shisae both accept the offer and he heads out. The scene then cuts to an interview with Shisae.

"Choosing a dance song was obvious from the start. Minah's main skill is dancing and I've been choreographing for almost all of my Team's performances." She explains. "The main question we had was which song to do."

"How did you decide so quickly?" Doyeol prompts.

The interview cuts from Shisae to Minah, who responds to the question.

"Well since we didn't have that much time we didn't have time to go through that many ideas before we had to pick one. Mostly we've both done the 24 Hours dance before so we agreed that one made the most sense to polish for the performance."

Back in the practice room all the dancers are on break. Minah and Shisae are chatting near the mirror seriously while the four guys are much more relaxed.

"So if we make some edits in the music, we could do the trade off after your second chorus section?" Shisae proposes the idea, while Minah's brow furrows.

"I suppose that would work, but if we're making cuts in the music we'll want to do that now." She points out. "We have less than twenty four hours left so we'll want as much time working with the final score as possible."

Shisae nods. "Fair enough. Hey guys?" She addresses the dancers, who all look over. "Take another ten, Minah and I are hitting the recording booth for a bit."

The scene cuts to a recording booth, but rather than Minah and Shisae it's occupied by Inho and his two charges.

"Alright, since neither of you is a rapper we'll be using my other skillset." Inho says briskly as he pushes aside some papers and pulls open a laptop that had been beneath them.

Miyeon and Jakyung share a glance but say nothing as the judge busies himself clicking through a rather large file folder on the desktop.

FInally Miyeon clears . "Um... sir? What exactly are you doing?"

Inho rolls his eyes, and doesn't stop his search as he responds to the question. "Do you remember what my day job it?"

THe girls share another confused glance.

"...Underground rapper?" Jakyung ventures a guess, and Inho actually snorts.

"Ex-Underground, I have a more steady job now as a composer and lyricist. And so I'm going through some of my finished pieces to see which will work best for your voices, and be simple enough to learn in time for the performance." His tone is a mix of amusement and annoyance. "You girls don't have a very good memory do you? I already explained this during the opening show."

Jakyung shrugs unapologetically. "I forgot." She says honestly.

Miyeon looks a bit more ashamed by her failed recall. "Sorry oppa. We're just used to you being a rapper we sort of forgot you were anything else."

Inho shrugs indifferently. "Makes sense. Ah, here we go." He prints out two copies of one of the songs and hands them to the girls. "Fits nicely for a final performance as well. Let's get started."

The scene transitions to show the trio in a practice room. Inho is at the piano, carefully coaching Miyeon through a verse while Jakyung hums the harmonies. The Team One member is stumbling a lot more than usual and Inho is clrealy getting impatient. Finally he stands up from the piano, stopping the rehearsal entirely.

"You know what, why don't we take a break, get some water or something." He proposes.

Miyeon looks embarrassed but nods nonetheless.

The scene cuts to an interview with her.

"I'm just really nervous. Jakyung is main vocal material, everyone knows that even if Hoon is being paraded as the new Team Two main vocal now. It's me against her and I don't really like my chances at winning this. But I don't want to let down the team."

Meanwhile, Yoonhee and Jiwon are having a much better time of it. They're in one of the smaller practice rooms with Hyunmi, who's counting out beats as the two work on their performance.

"And stop. Alright I think the first section is solid, let's try it while singing now>" Hyunmi instructs, and the two girls both nod and start again without complaint.

Jiwon seems content in her interview. "I think things really worked out well for me. Yoonhee and I are well matched. She's a bit stronger in dance and I'm a bit stronger vocally, but we're both mid-talents within our group so I feel that whoever wins between us, it will have been a fair showdown." She smiles. "It's fun as well."

Yoonhee agrees in her own interview segment. "I love our song! It's not one I've seen covered before, but I'm not sure why since it's so fun to do!" She grins brightly. "I'm really glad we were paired with Hyunmi as our mentor for the challenge too, she's really good at this."

"Well it is my job, but that's sweet of her to say." Hyunmi gives a small smile in her own interview. "But really the two of them compliment each other well, it's not hard to work with them."

Back in their rehearsal the group has moved on to a new section of the dance, and they're having some trouble now. Hyunmi watches as Yoonhee and iwon try to stumble through the new section, but the girls are clearly out of sync and after a moment the dance judge raises a hand to signal that they stop.

"Alright, why don't we work on the dance break instead? That part will be more important than this one. If we have time we'll come back to this, but if not we can sub in something simpler later, alright?"

Yoonhee in particular looks downheartened at the judge's decision, but she nods along with Jiwon nonetheless and the two stand aside as Hyunmi takes the center.

"Alright, follow along if you can but as usual focusing and understanding the moves takes priority over trying to copy them on the first try." She says before launching into a rather simple dance, though it still looks quite sharp.

The two girls watch her closely, and when she finishes they quickly get into position as the judges steps back.

"Alright, let's start from the first few moves." Hyunmi instructs.

The scene changes then to show the fourth group as they work on their own dance in the large practice room.

Natchaya already looks exhausted and ready for a break, but Ahri and the backup dancers are still going strong, chatting even as they dance.

"And then - step left there Natchaya - he says that he was just being polite! I mean what the hell?" One of the four female dancers is telling a story to Ahri while still giving instructions for the dance. "Watch your timing right then Ahri, you keep coming in too early. But I mean really, does he expect be to buy that? You don't travel to another - hang on, Natchaya that's the same move as the first chorus, you don't flip sides until the end, yeah?"

Natchaya sighs angrily and storms off the floor, hitting the pause button on the music as she does. She spins to face the startled teacher.

"No, not 'yeah'. I can barely keep up with what you're saying because you're too busy gossiping about a guy you like buying some other girl a gift. This is not gossip hour, you're supposed to be helping us put together our final performance, and I will not look bad because you can't do your damn job." She snaps harshly. "If you can't stay focused then someone else take point who can. There are four of you after all, I'm sure one of you is competent."

The dancer looks insulted, but after a moment she sighs. "Fine, I'll finish during break. Get back in formation Natchaya, we'll try it from the top."

The Thai girl keeps up an intense stare down with the dancer as she moves back into the formation. One of the other dancers nervously starts up the music again and they resume the practice.

Ahri looks ashamed in her interview. "I really didn't mean to cause problems, I was just so excited about catching up with the girls that I think we all sort of forgot that Natchaya hasn't worked with them before."

"But you weren't really the one causing problems." Doyeol points out.

Ahri gives a small shrug. "Yeah but... I wasn't helping either."

"There's a time and a place for gossip corner and that wasn't it." Natchaya still sounds upset in her interview. "I guess they did cut it out though, so we still got everything we needed to done. I can't really complain."

"But you will anyway." Doyeol offers smuggly.

Natchaya sticks her tongue out at him.

The final pair is in one of the private practice rooms along with Iseul. The vocal coach is sitting at the piano, playing out harmonies as the girls follow along.

"Alright that's sounding better. Hoon, I could use a little more power from you in the lower harmonies."

Hoon nods politely and makes a note in her sheet music. Kaerin meanwhile is still humming her part cheerfully, bouncing lightly on her toes.

Isuel sighs. "And a little less energy from you would be good Kaerin. I know you're excited about getting to fully show you capabilities, but this is an emotional and moving song, not a pop dance track."

Kaerin nods. "Don't worry, I know! I'm just super excited right now, I'll be good for the performance!" She promises.

Iseul nods. "That's all well and good but you need to practice like each run is the performance. You don't want to muscle memory a cheerful attitude."

Kaerin looks a bit confused, but she nods nonetheless. Satisfied, Iseul continues the practice.

"From the top then, full emotion, go!"

"Iseul is a good teacher. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of her before this show." Hoon's compliment sounds quite genuine as she gives her interview. "Kaerin and I have very different styles and learning ability and she's managed to balance between us rather well. That said I'm reather glad to have been placed onto Team Two." She admits after a moment, looking slightly ashamed by the confession.

Doyeol's curiosity sounds in his tone as he gives the singer her next question. "And why is that?"

Hoon shrugs. "Well, Kaerin is... we have a very different approach to singing, and I thin working with her regularly would grate on my nerves, truth be told. She's a sweetheart from what I can tell, but she's a little... airy I guess? She doesn't always take things seriously and I think that would bug me."

Kaerin doesn't seem bothered by the analysis in her own talk with Doyeol. "I like how honest she is about stuff." She tells the interviewer. "Though I think she's right that our vocal styles would probably trip over each other if we were in a group. Plus I love my group! And we're going to win for sure!"


The day of the performance has arrived, and a drone camera flies over the exterior of the Arirang building, revealing the special guests Hyomin had alluded to earlier in the episode.

AOA's Choa and Jimin wave to their manager as he drops them off, and then head into the building together, pulling their coats close around them and they hurry inside.

INFINITE's Sunggyu holds open the door for them and they thank him as all three vanish into the building. Shortly after, another car pulls up and young actress Kim Yoojung steps out, looking excited. Her labelmate Kim Woobin appears behind her and the two enter the building together.

A few more attendees arrive in quick succession after that, including IOI's Sohye. The final attendees to arrive are the only ones to notice the drone.

TWICE's Tzuyu pulls her jacket around her shoulders and smiles up at the camera, while next to her Gold's Dany waves enthusiastically. Danny's groupmate Jihyun rolls his eyes and pulls them both towards the door, loudly grumbling about the cold and that they could "flirt with the cameras when I'm not freezing my face off, thank you." TWICE's Jeongyeon just laughs as she follows her labelmates into the building.

Inside the theatre, the small crowd of celebrities settle into their seats. A few greet each other but for the most part they keep to themselves and wait for the performances to begin.

The Vs hosts appear onstage shortly after everyone is settled and Gyujin kicks off the show.

"Hello and thank you all for taking time out of your busy schedules to attend this special tiebreaker showdown for our humble show! The girls have been working hard to create some spectacular performances, and I'm sure they'll love having some feedback from actual idols!"

In the front row, Inho rolls his eyes. "Because we're not good enough?"

A few people laugh, including Gyujin. "I'm sure any rappers tonight will be happy to not have to impress you this round." He fires back.

Hyomin then steps in to introduce the first performance. "We'll begin with a dance performance by the leaders of our two groups, Yoo Shisae and Lee Minah!"

The audience applauds politely as the hosts exit the stage. A moment later Minah enters with her two backup dancers. As they approach the center the lights dim, until just a low spotlight is on the Team Two leader. Slowly she kneels, and then asumes her starting position.


Shisae - Dahye;Second Dancer, Minah - Sihyun;First Dancer

The applause is more enthusiastic than it had been prior to the performance as Shisae finishes, and Minah joins her back onstage to bow and await their critiques.

Tzuyu is the first to pipe up. "You both looked really good up there unnies! 24 Hours is a really good song and I think you did well." She smiles brightly and the two both bow in thanks for he praise.

"It would have been nice to see you dancing it together, but the transition between the two parts was smooth." Sunggyu adds in his own thoughts. "I would say that Shisae was a bit sharper than Minah with her movements, which matched the song better."

Minah nods in understanding.

Jihyun is the last person to speak, and he does it with his usual snark.

"I'm pretty sure you need to be y to pull of that dance. Shisae absolutely nailed it. You Minah? Not so much. I get the sense you don't think you're very y, but you are." He quickly continues. "Not in a weird way! I mean you should have had more confidence during the performance, you could easily sell it just as well as Shisae did."

Minah looks incredibly touched by his analysis and she bows low. When she comes up again there are tears in her eyes.

"Understood sunbae, I'll work hard."

The two girls exit the stage after that, but there's no interlude before Jakyung and Miyeon replace them. The two girls do a quick harmonization check before their music begins.


Miyeon - RiSe;Taller Girl, Jakyung - Sojung;Shorter Girl

The audience listens with rapt attention to their original piece, and the applause is appreciative as they finish.

"Who wrote the song?" Danny pipes up in curiosity as soon as he can be heard.

In the front row, Inho raises his hand. "I'm freelance if anyone was wondering." He shamelessly promotes himself and a few of the older members of the crowd laugh.

Jeongyeon has a few opinions on the song. "It was super pretty, and your voice is really unique Jakyung, but you know what was missing? Harmonies."

Several of the other audience members nod in agreement.

"Especially towards the end, when you were singing together, I really thought you were going to harmonize." Choa voices her thoughts as well. "It's such a beautiful song and I think it would have been the perfect touch."

Both girls bow to the audience and depart shortly after. Again there's no fanfare as the third pair comes out. They're dressed in matching school girl uniforms and both are sporting bright, innocent smiles as they take center stage and wait for their music to start.


Jiwon - Hyerim;First Singer, Yoonhee - Karin;Second Singer

The four JYP artists in the crowd happily dance the chorus with the two girls, clearly enjoying themselves. Even Jihyun forgoes his usual brooding to goof off.

Yoonhee's inadvertent giggle into her microphone at the end earns the two a few more smiles from the audience.

Yoojung pipes up excitedly for the first time. "Yoonhee! You really looked like a duo up there, you guys were super cute!"

Yoonhee bounces happily on the balls of her feet at her labelmate's praise.

Sunggyu is a bit more reserved about how good the performance was. "You two were the best match so far I think, but I noticed that Yoonhee went out of tune on a few of her harmonies." He observes.

Yoonhee nods in acknowledgement, her excitement completely undented by the critique.

Jihyun is also not thrilled with the two. "The dance you offered was basic to nonexistent, and even then Jiwon, you were off beat more than once."

Jiwon nods. "Dancing is something I'm working to improve." She admits. "Even with Hyunmi as our mentor for this, two days wasn't enough to fully grasp the dance. I do apologize for that."

Jihyun rolls his eyes. "Don't apologize for trying, you two did still complement each other well." He admits.

With that positive note the two depart. The stage is empty for a long moment, and then the lights go out entirely.


Ahri - Yeonjung;Brunette, Natchaya - Dawon;Orange Hair

Almost the entire audience is fully into the performance by the time it's over, and the two onstage look incredibly satisfied with themselves as they wait for the cheers to quiet and their critique to start.

Choa starts. "I liked the couple of harmonies you incorporated into the song, even if it was less than the last pair. It matched well and you definitely gave off that fun vibe MAMAMOO always has."

Her groupmate speaks up for the first time as well. "Good job with the rap Natchaya! It was a little smooth but it fit well with the song and how you presented it, plus it was a nice toss up from the consitent vocal pieces we've heard so far."

Natchaya shoots a smug look towards Inho, who rolls his eyes despite a faint smile at the corners of his mouth.

Woobin also speaks up, though he seems a bit uncertain. "You guys had really high energy in the performance, which I really liked. I'm not as familiar with idol things since I'm an actor so your performance was my favorite so far."

Both girls beam happily at the compliment, even Natchaya. They're then ushered offstage by the final pair, who bring chairs out with them. They settle down, each takes a breath, and they begin.


Kaerin - Seunghee;Left, Hoon - Bohyung;Right

The audience is spellbound throughout the song, and more than one tears up, most notably Sunggyu.

The applause is muted but just as powerful as it had been for the previous performance. The two stand and bow in unison.

Still dabbing at her eyes, Tzuyu beats the others to speaking. "Your emotions were really well done. You sounded like you were really going to cry Kaerin, I kept waiting for it to happen." She admits with a small laugh.

Kaerin smiles back brightly, all the delicate emotion Tzuyu is complementing replaced by her usual bubbly self. "Thanks!"

Choa speaks next. "I want to take a moment to appreciate those harmonies. Kaerin, you were a little soft on the lower ones but I really liked that both of you switched off on the high and the low parts, showing that each of you is a highly versatile vocalist."

Even Hoon, who up to this point has retained her usual professionally polite state, gives a smile at her words.

The last person to speak is Danny.

"As a fan of the original song I wanted to say that you two did a good job adapting it for two female voices. You kept the original feeling but also made it your own, so really good job with that."

The two bow several times before they too exit, and the hosts finally return to the stage.

"And those are our performances for this evening! Now before I reveal the winners, does anyone want to say anything about why they voted one way or the other?"

Sohye uncertainly raises her hand. Up to this point she's been rather quiet, but now she clears .

"For the first pair I voted for Minah. I know people siad she wasn't as good as Shisae, but I've watched a few episodes and I think she's come a really long way." She explains quietly.

Jihyun scoffs. "Trying only counts for half, if you can't follow through then what was the point? That's why I voted for Shisae, she not only performed the song, she owned it. A performace is only as good as the passion put into it."

Sunggyu is the next with an opinion. "That's similar to why I voted Jakyung in the second round. Miyeon was good, but aside from Jakyung having better technique Miyeon just looked quite nervous throughout the performance. It's hard to get invested in a song if the performer isn't."

"It makes sense why she would be though." Yoojung is the one to offer a counterpoint this time. "Like you said she is less technically skilled, but she still managed to hold her own with Jakyung. That earned my vote."

"I voted for Yoonhee." Tzuyu's comment is completely random, but it pops the small bubble of tension that had been building in the room. "She was just having so much fun during her performance, I had to."

"Jiwon sang better though. Yoonhee went out of tune which at least for me was more noticable than any mistakes Jiwon might have made." Her groupmate Jeongyeon counters, though not maliciously. "So I voted for Jiwon."

Woobin looks around uncertainly before he speaks up. "I voted for Ahri. The fourth performance was the hardest for me, but I think she was more technically correct with things while still having fun? Which would be good for idols." Agin he looks uncertain, and is relieved when no one directly counters him.

Instead Jiwon simply proposes an alternate way of looking at things. "While that's defintiely true, Natchaya had as much energy as Ahri, and she also showed versatility, holding her own with both vocals and rapping, which got my vote."

Choa smiles faintly as she chips in with her own thoughts. "In the final performance my vote went to Kaerin. The fact she's so cheerful all the time might make one think that she couldn't do serious well, but she absolutely nailed the performance."

Danny nods thoughtfully. "That's true but she tended to take on more of the main melody, whereas Hoon covered a lot of the harmonies, which can make or break a song, and are often things not even touched by idol groups. Someone who can hold her own in a supporting role while still sounding amazing is what a group requires. Obviously she has my vote." He finishes with a grin.

Hyomin seems quite pleased with that and she gestures for attention.

"Well then, those were all compelling cases. Let's see how things turned out!" Gyujin appears from the wings and hands her an envelope. On the screen two counters appear, one for Team One, and one for Team Two. The screen splits to show the contestants standing just offstage, eagerly watching and listening, waiting to hear who would be debuting.

Hyomin pauses, and then beings. "For the first performance, the winner is Shisae."

The Team One counter goes up a point, and the Team One contestants quietly congratulate their leader. Minah looks a bit down, but also unsurprised.

"For the second, Jakyung." The Team Two counter increases by one.

Miyeon sighs backstage, her shoulder slumping. Jakyung doesn't notice as she quietly celebrates.

"For the third performance, the winner is Jiwon." Again Team One's counter increases.

Jiwon looks incredibly pleased. Yoonhee's smile falters some, but she offers Jiwon a fist bump, which the other maknae actual consents to cause some confused amusement from the other contestants.

Hyomin pauses before the fourth reveal. Text floats over the screen as the contestants hold their breath - if Ahri wins then Team One gets the debut.

However, the name read a moment later draws surprise from everyone but the contestant herself. "Natchaya wins the fourth round."

Natchaya looks quietly pleased with herself, while Ahri stares in numb shock. She leans again Miyeon, who pats her shoulder consolingly.

The Team Two counter increases by one, leaving the teams tied. Hyomin is clearly enjoying herself as she finally reads out the final winner.

"And for the final pair, the winner is... Hoon."

The new contestant's shock is apparent, but it morphs after a moment to cautious excitement.

The rest of Team Two isn't nearly as calm as they celebrate their narrow victory.

Hyomin folds the paper as she addresses the cmaera directly. "And there you have it! Team Two will be officially debuting this Sunday with their song 'Painkiller'. Be sure to support them! Thank you, and for the last time," She smiles slightly, "Dissmissed."

The screen goes dark for a moment, before a teaser for Team Two's debut MV plays.

The video fuzzes out, and the Vs logo which had been missing from the start of the episode appears onscreen. After a moment the V and s separate and letters appear between them.

Venus. 2017.01.22

Author's Note

It's over! You guys voted, and so Team Two takes home the debut! Next week there will be a "Where are they now" update in the form of a Soompi article posted exactly one years after Venus's debut, but after that this will be officially over ;; I hope you guys have enjoyed reading as much as I've loved writing this, and don't forget that I have another apply! It's not getting much love right now so if it looks interesting please do check it out! *Shameless advertising*

But seriously this has been another awesome adventure for me and I really do hope you all have enjoyed yourselves while following along!