Chapter 7~

May i'm different but i may be your love

[Himchan's P.o.V]

 

The next day we wake up early in the morning and by the time we arrived at the river -where we have planned to fish- the sun was rising.

We were fishing aroun half an hour and I could say that fishing wasn't that bad as hunting. Fishing at the river was quite easy, until you slip from a rock.

Right after I slipped from the rock that I jumped for a better spot I heard laughs coming from Koa's mouth. "Are you serious? You are going to save our village one day? You just scaring our food away" he chuckled as he approach me and help me out of the water -gladly the river wasn't that deep or else who knows where I would be right now-. "Cut it off Koa, the rock was slippy, that's all" I said and whipped the water off my face while Koa was still laughing his of. 

"Oh! Come on Himchan! It was funny! The way you slipped, was just-" he said while laughing out loud. It was surprise to me, I haven't see him the past weeks like that, laughing. But I had to admire, I liked his laugh and see him laughing was a beautiful view. The only thing that I didn't noticed about the situation was that I didn't knew for how long I was staring at him, until his hot breath hit my face as he was some inches awy from me.

"Why are staring at me like that? Are you seriously mad at me right now?" I found it hard to look back at his dark brown eyes as they looked like they could see right in my soul, nervously I looked away without saying a thing. "Don't be mad at me, I just like to teas you sometimes. I'm sorry" he apologised and touched my cheek. My eyes quickly shot up and looked at him right in the eyes. What did he just said?

"What? Did you just apologised to me? You? The son of the chief? Apologised to me?" I smirked "And what did you say about teasing me?" his eyes shot in panic and quickly he moved away from me. "Don't get full of yourself suddenly. I apologise only when I'm wrong and this time I was" he looked away, "Enough with the fishing today. Let's go back" 

Something was strange about him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

And I was right about it.

 

Some days later -and after some more hunting lessons- Daehyun said I was ready for the mission, he talked to his father and today was the ceremony. It was not big surprise that while I was siting in front of the chief they were some young boys next to me, of course, this ceremony was about them that will turn them from young kids into men.

Daehyun looked at me while the first part of the ceremony was taking place. The elders warriors and hunters come toward us and choose weapons for us. Some of us would be the next warriors and some of us hunters, Koa had already told me that I would be one of the next warriors since my fate was to save their village. 

One of the warriors come in front of me and gave me a bow with arrows and I accepted them bowing deeply and then he moved to the next kid. After all of us got our weapons, the chief walked toward us.

"Himchan, get up" I was the first. Quickly I got up and looked at him, he come closer to me and looked at me in the eyes not showing any emotions. "I'm going to start with you" he said in his deep voice, "As a warrior you have to protect our village no matter what even if that means that will cost your life. Do you accept it as tour fate?"

"Yes sir. I'm ready to die if I have to for our village. I will fight for our people so they can have a peaceful life"

"Very well" he paused for a moment before he continue "Before you become a warrior you have a mission to complete. And your mission is to spend a day at the north side of the forest"

I didn't need any explanation. The weeks I spend here was enough to learn what places I should avoid, Koa especially warned me to not lay a foot at that side of the forest because many wild animals lived there ready to tear your body apart. 

Koa looked a bit in shock first before he looked at me worried, I gave him a small smile before I looked at our chief and bowew deeply, "I accept my mission sir"

 

[Daehyun's P.o.V]

 

Father must be crazy, why did he gave him such a mission? Does he want him to get killed? It was big surprise for me the moment Himchan accepted the mission and I couldn't decide if he was brave or stupid enough.

Some moments later Himchan was ready to leave for his mission, he bought along with him and a cover because the nights here can be really cold. I approached him as he got on his horse that gladly my father let him take with him. "Be careful there. It's dangerous" I said caressing his horse, "Things there can get wild pretty fast. Don't get yourself killed there".

"I survived from your hands Koa, I can survive from that place too. I learned well from you after all" he gave me a smirk as he messed my hair a bit, "Don't make it look like it's not big deal Himchan, it is. Please be careful" I moved away his hand and looked at him serious in the eyes but he smiled softly at me, "You look like a very different person when you worried about me...I will be careful, don't worry. Don't act so strange suddenly" he sighed, "Strange? Is that strange because I care for you?"

"No...it's just that..."he took a deep breath "We better talk about it when I will come back.I better be going now. I will be alright, don't worry so much, ok?" he pinched my cheek a bit as he smiled again at me. "Good luck then. You sure will need it Himchan"

 

"What are you doing there Koa?" suddenly I heard Shilah, my best friend say. "Are you serious? You almost gave me a heart attack!" I sighed and looked over him, "I will go after Himchan, I want to make sure that he is okay". It was true, after Himchan left for his mission I decided to go after him, the north side of the forest was very dangerous place for him who is not used to it unlike my tribe, even if I have trained him I can't be sure that he is going to come back safe.

"Are you crazy?" my friend rushed to my side, "You can't do that! What if your father found out? He will get mad and-"

"He will not found out, unless you keep your voice on that tone." I said as I got on my horse and looked at him again "I told him that I will go for hunting so I'm okay if he will see that I'm missing"

"What if he found out that you helped Himchan?"

"I will not help him Shilah. I will just watch out for him, If there will be any problem I will help him...without knowing of course"

"I get it. You will be like a spirit for him, right? But I don't understand. Why are you worrying about him and you want to protect him all sudden? You used to hate him"

I sighed and looked away as I lead my horse out of the stable with Shilah by my side, "You know...all this time that I spend next to him training him...I grew closer to him and I was somehow lucky that I could get to know his others side. I was wrong that I hated him, he is a good guy" I smiled at my friend "He is different, he really wants to take care of our tribe...I'm not going to let him get killed...That's all"

My friend nodded "But are you sure that's all? I see the way you are looking at him, you like him, don't you?" His question shocked me a bit but I tried to not loose my cool as I was about to answer him, "Like him? That's crazy Shilah. You know that my father found already a wife for me. To like a man its forbidden for me. Don't say such a thing again" I sighed and I start to ride my horse away "Go back at the ceremony. I will be back tomorrow"

-A/N-

I'm back with another update!😊

Looks like that our Indian prince (a.k.a Daehyun) has a feeling for the lonely cowboy 😉 and Shilah (a.k.a Youngjae) knows what kind of feeling is that 😏 But what about Himchan?

See you soon in the next chapter~