Chapter 4~

May i'm different but i may be your love

[Junhong's P.o.V]

 

It's been more than a week since my big brother left for the mission, until now there no sign of him. I knew it from the start and I was afraid that the mission may take long, mother knew too. Big brother left me take care of our town, of the family too but nothing really  interesting or illegal happens, the town always has been quiet place thanks to dad and Himchan hyung so I just sit around taking care of my little sister and it's not an easy thing.
 
"When big brother is going to be back?" Kaitlin asked for like million nth time today, 

"I don't know but we should be patience, shouldn’t we?"

"But I miss him already, mother misses him too. She is so worried, do you think that he's alright?" without her knowing her question made a sick knot in my stomach, the truth is that I'm worried that something happened to him and It's  not been long since I have a feeling like something was wrong, like something happened to our brother. Of course I couldn't say that because I would worry even more our mother -like she is not crazy worried right now- and my little sister too. I just hope that I'm wrong. "Of course he is alright, he is big and strong like father, no one dares to go against him" I answered putting a light smile on, "Yes, you're right! Big brother is big and strong, no one can touch him. I want to be like him! Can I be like him Junhong?" she asked with her pappy eyes, her actions made me laugh, always our little cutie princess. "Yes, of course. But let’s talk about it when brother will come back, okay?" I told her carssing her soft blonde hair receiving a nod and a big smile of her. I just hope that he will come back safe and talk about it like i told to my little sister.

"What are you doing here you two?" our mother suddenly appeared with a look on her face like we did something wrong, my eyes quickly shot at her, "Himchan hyung told me to take care of the town but nothing happens so I sit here with Kaitlin. There is no something interesting here" I told and I let out a sigh. 

"Junhong said that I can be like a brother!" my little sister announced happily, 

"I never said such a thing!"

Our mother smiled with disagreement but her face quickly changed to serious, "Pray that your brother is alright for now and we will see who is going to be the next Serif. It doesn't need to be a member of our family. Until you grow up you maybe change your mind" she said in a serious tone "Now come on and help me with the table" she said and left.

[Daehyun's P.o.V]

Since the cowboy's fall try to escape Father made sure there is no way out, he made sure to not leave him alone for a minute, and he made sure that I'm the one who will watch after him. It was my kind of punishment since I am the one who he blames after Himchan's escape, he skiped the part that I run after him and bought him back. "You look pitiful you know"

"Who asked you?" He said in a dry voice and he raised his head to look at me, "Arent you tired of it?". I furrowed my eyebrows at his question, "What do you mean?"

"Why? You don't understand English suddenly? " he mocked, "I mean, arent you tired of talking to me like that? What's your point?"

"First of all I know the English language perfectly, my mother is British. She thought me well. A ie cowboy like you is not allowed to talk to me like that. Secondly I will speak to you as I want to, If you don't like it it doesn't bother me man."

"Then what is bothering you so you have to bother me?"

"Your face", I heard him whistle when I answered and he got a smile on his face. "Smart move kid. But why my face bothers you enaugh to be sassy to me?" He chuckled, "Is it to pale for you?". That made me give a look at him, a more careful look. I haven't notice it before but his skin is very pale -espesaly after all that starving- he kind of remainds me of that fairytale that mother used to tell me whe I was young, Snow White. His black hair and black eyes makes a beautiful contract. I didn't even knew how long I was staring but his voice bought me back, "God, what's wrong with you? I was afraid for a minute that you fail in love with me"

"You must be out of your mind. Did the starving blowed up your mind?"

"No, I’m just saying. Don’t take it to personal. What you would say if I stared at you for too long? Just think. "

"I would think…" I started as I thought about it. I guess he was right but I didn’t want to give him the pleasure to admit it, why I even bothered to find an answer at his question anyway? "I would say that you’re looking for trouble. The chief’s son, the next chief, no one dares to look at me, especially a prisoner like you, a pale face. I’m sick of all of you. "

"Your mother is British, she is white too. How can you say that you hate us? Your mother looks like us."

"Don’t ever dare to talk about my mother again if you want to live one more day! You bastard, how can you say that mother is like you?  Mother is nice and kind, she is an angel with big heart. You’re just peace of trash! You don’t even worth to cut your head off with my ax, your blood will waste it."  He just looked away and sighed as my blood boiled in my veins. "I don’t understand, why you think of us like that? Come on! We both are humans, we both have the same need to live, air, water and food. We both are under the same sky…we just have some differences. " he said looking again at me and his eyes had more life than before, they lighten up.  "And those differences mean a lot. You never can get enough, you only care about money.  We only take what we need from nature and we are always thankful, money is unknown word for us. We respect nature and make sure that we will give something back, even if we just take fruits from it. " I explained and he nodded his head as an agreement, "I know, your words aren’t wrong.  We are not respective as you are, we are not thankful as you are…but we are not all the same. Every person is different from the other and I by myself am different, I got my own ideas. I always thought that Indians are not how everyone says. Indians are humans too. We never meant to harm you, we just wanted to help out town, that’s why we searched for mines"  he said and by the last sentences his voice become dryer, "Can you give me some water please? My throat hurts like hell…I can’t keep talking to you like that",


"Even if I hate to hear you talking I’m not the type of a person that will leave the other thirsty, here, drink" I said after I filled a cup with water and helped him drink as his hands are tied at the poll behind him, sure he was thirsty as the water in the cap disappeared pretty soon. It’s been days since he denied every offer to give him water or food, but since his try to escape my father didn’t allow him to eat anything, just to drink water. "Thank you, I almost forgot the taste of the water",
"That’s not our fault but yours. You are the one who didn’t want to drink" I said as I placed the cup back at its place, "Good for you that you are back at your mind".

 

[Junhong’s P.o.V]


By the evening horse steps echoed at our town’s main road, looking at of the window I saw my brothers friends on their horses alongside with the other two guys that were at the mission. Are they back so soon?  Finally!


I didn’t lose time and I quickly left my room and headed outside towards them but…but my brother was nowhere to be found. Yongguk was the first one who noticed me and come at my way, soon Jongup followed. "Where is my brother? " I asked him, "I’m sorry Junhong" Jongup said holding his arm that looked broken, "He didn’t make it back…but don’t worry we are going to get him back"  Yongguk then spoke. "What do you mean he didn’t make it? " my mother’s voice heard as she come next to me, "Where is my son Yongguk? ", my brother’s friend look at her with hesitation but when he opened his mouth to talk the mayor who just arrived cut him "First he has to tell me what happened and then I’m going to inform you by myself ma’am",


"What? I can’t stay like that at the moment that I don’t know what happened to my son! I have the right to know! "


"I understand how you are feeling ma’am but it will be easier for Yongguk to talk to me as you are his friend’s mother. Be sure that I’m going to tell you the truth ma’am and I’m sure that your son is alright. " The mayor said and gave a look at my brother’s friends and the other two men "But first the four of you should visit the doctor to check you, Jongup looks hurt. I’m waiting for you when you finish".


It’s been some hours since they come back from the mission without my brother, they visited the doctor as the mayor said and then they went and talk to him. Now I’m waiting for my mother to come back from the mayor who called her to inform her, both Kaitlin and I were curious and worried. The door opened and our mother come inside, her head was down and she looked sad, she didn’t bought good news with her. I quickly reached and by the hand I helped her to sit at a chair, "What happened to out brother mother? " I asked her even if I already knew that I wouldn’t get a good answer from her, "Your brother and his team captured by an Indian tribe. Your brother volunteered to stay there as prisoner so the team would be released. No one knows if he is still alive, Yongguk saw him last time when he helped him escape but the Indians capture your brother again and that was some days ago. The mayor said that he will form a rescue team to find and take back Himchan…but...What If it’s already late? What if they killed my baby? " my mother started to cry, no…no it can’t be, it can’t be that big brother is dead. My little sister looked t us, she didn’t understand, didn’t she? "Is Himchan alright? " she asked and mother shook her head like she didn’t know.  I was shocked but I had to remain calm and strong for my mother and sister, I should be ready for anything as my brother’s fate is still unknown. Even so, I still got a hope, I believe in my brother and I believe he can make it.

 

[Yongguk’s P.o.V]

 

We all gathered at mayor’s house except Jongup who went home to rest after all this. We had to find a way to take Himchan back, he is our sheriff and se need him even if some of them didn’t want him to get in their way so they would be free to do their crimes. Himchan made sure that there will be balance in our town, he is a man with morals and that’s why everyone trust him but he trust no one…and he is right.


"Sir, we have to destroy that Indians tribe’s village. They don’t even know what they even have, I have never seen so much gold in my life. " John said and that’s right, he talks about mines, mines that we found at our way back home. When the Indian tribe released us we realized that we were far away from the place where they captured and it took us long to get back at our way, however as we searched for the right way we found a lot of mines full of gold enough even for the next four generations.  "Do you think that they captured us without knowing what they have? Do you remember what the chief’s son said? They knew what we were doing there. " I told him and looked at the mayor "I don’t think its right to do that sir. Kill them for some gold? Does it worth it more that a human life? " I looked at the mayor who stand from his seat and walked towards me, "Yongguk, son, I thought you were smart. Just think about it, what is more important? The people’s life here or the Indians? People here need the gold, just remember why we want the gold. We try to make the people’s life here better, we need the train station and the railway. Also remember that the captured your friend not once but twice, he may be dead by now, will you let the like that? Don’t you want revenge? If you don’t want then I want, for that poor woman that lost her husband a year ago and now she lost her first son. ". I knew what he was trying to do, I knew that he was trying to make me to change my mind so I will do what he wants, but I’m not going to let it happen. "My friend is not dead, not until I see him with my own eyes that he is actually dead so don’t try to use my pain for your needs. My friend would ever harm the Indians so neither I. " I stood up and I looked at Nick and John "And it will be shame for the ones who will harm them. ",


"If you don’t then you have the right to stay out of this but we are going to do it, someone has to do it. We will patience and wait, we will wait until they relax from your incident and then…we will destroy every single of them. " . That sick man, he always going to get what he wants but not this time, I have to stop them before it’s too late.