Chapter 2~

May i'm different but i may be your love

[Himchan’s P.o.V]

Three days passed since our mission start and there is no sign of any mine yet. We start to run out of food already, it’s normal since we are a group of five and we couldn’t carry a lot of it. When we left our families for our searching we already knew that we run out of food soon, even so we couldn’t do something more but leave with the things could take with us. I remember how sad mother was that day and my siblings too, Junhong told me again to comeback fast so we could spend time together and I promised him again but I remind him of my order too but to take care of mother and our little sister too, I also gave him the golden star sign that father used when he was the serif, the gift really made him happy.

Today I decided that it was a better idea to search for food at the nearest forest and then by the afternoon to go back searching for mines again. Now the hard thing was to find a forest, we was at the middle of nowhere right now, at a ravine to be more specific, only rocks around us and nothing that looked like food, only snakes, lizards and scorpions and believe me I’m not in the mood to eat any of them nether my men as well. Walking inside the ravine maybe looked dangerous but it protected us from the sun and the hot weather but as we reached toward its end the path become smaller and smaller until we had to pass one by one before it open again leading to the exit or this is what we thought. When we were finally out from the small path and one next to other a arrow flew out of nowhere lading in front of me surprising my horse making it to stand at his two legs almost throwing me down, I was lucky that I calm him down but I couldn’t say the same for the others as Jongup had already fail from his horse who run away, «! Where that come from? » John asked but before I could answer I heard horses’ running. Indians. Yongguk get of his horse and helped Jongup up then we quickly tried to escape by getting again in the small path but it’s looks like they already knew our next move, a huge rock lad in front of us closing the path, soon Indians were gathered around us ready to shoot us with their arrows, if we’d try to fight then sure we’re going to die, we are five and they’re a dozen, we didn’t had any chance to win at all. We have to surrender, Jonggup was already wooden because of his fail, I just hope that they’re going to show us some mercy since we didn’t even get out our guns to fight them back –like we had the time to-. We surrendered, then everything went black so suddenly.

The shock of cold water woke me up, I was lying on the floor tied up, my heart start to beat fast, how that happened? How I end up like that? I heard two people talk, their voice sound young, they were both males but I couldn’t understand their language. Where I am? Where are the others? Are they Okay? When I dared to open my eyes I saw a young man looking at me, he was an Indian and he was handsome, I could say that even if he had white and blue paid on his face and upper body –he didn’t wore any shirt but only pants- , he looked strong since he had toned body, he must be a haunter or the leader, maybe the second because he wore many feathers on his head but his dark brown eyes stared right in your soul making your body shiver . Our eyes met for a moment, he knew that I was looking at him too but his eyes didn’t show any emotion, I don’t know if I should be scared or not, even so my fast beating heart was showing that I was scared. Suddenly I felt someone grabbing me and drawing me away from the boy who didn’t pay attention at the incident and went back talking at someone.

[Daehyun’s P.o.V]

«Great, more of them coming. Why did you bought them here? Why didn’t you just kill them? » I asked my friend who bought the strangers at our village «You know the rules Koa, your father will decide if they’re going to die or not» he answered, I really hate it when he does that i have to admit, «He is going to kill them anyway. What else he should do with them? Did he let ever a stranger leave? » i told him and he knew I was right «Maybe you’re right but I don’t know they look different from others. The one who looked at you looked so scared and by the cold star he wore I believe he is a serif» my friend spoke up his thoughts that sound like a childish song. «A serif? They never leave their town don’t speak nonsense. I better tell the news to my father. Take care of them» I told him before I took my leave. When I ender my father’s tent he gazed serious at me, I disrupted him again while he was busy. Great. «It better be serious son, I’m busy right now» he said smoking his pipe, «It is father. Strangers entered at our area and we arrest them. What do you want to do with them?» I asked him and the moment when his lips open to answer a loud voice heard from outside speaking in English as I could understand, «Go see what they’re screaming about and come back to tell me» he ordered and after i bowed at my father I left the tent. Are these strangers trying to mess up with us?

[Himchan’s P.o.V]

Now I was tied up at a pole together with the rest of my men, thanks God they’re okay –you could say-. «Hey! Can I talk to your leader? Please! We didn’t come here to harm you! » I screamed one more time trying to take Indian’s attention, «Stop It Himchan, It’s useless, like they can understand what you are saying» Yongguk who was tied up at the closer pole to me said, «We are ed up. They’re going to kill us all. Just accept it» Nick from the other side said gazing at the ground «Take a look around you. Do you recognize this place? We were at a ravine and now we’re close to a forest, even if they let us leave we’re lost» John talk looking around like he was trying to understand where are we, «Do you prefer to die? We’re going to find a way out» I told my men trying to not kill the hope. «Find a way out? I don’t think so, first you have to stay alive» the Indian I saw earlier come out from nowhere, «Can you understand English? » I asked him, well it was a shock, «What do you want here?» he asked ignoring my question but I didn’t really knew what I should answer, should I lie or say the truth? «We’re searching for water» I choose to lie, if I was honest with him then sure we’re going to die, «Searching for water? You strangers always searching for mines, water is shoved problem for you» the Indian said and expect he can speak English he was smart but I was smart too, «We’re coming from the desert, we live far away and our town is in crisis right now, they send us to search for water but we got lost” I explained him but he didn’t look like he buy it, the knife that shoved at the pole an inch up from my head showed that. «Do you think I’m stupid? I’m sure you’re searching for mines, why are you lying? Do you want death find you faster? » he asked taking a step closer to me grabbing my shirt, «No I’m trying to protect my men. I don’t know if you’re the leader but let us go. It’s true that we got lost, we didn’t know about your village. We come in peace so can you show some mercy and let us go? » what I said made him laugh «Tell me who are you stranger» he said letting me go «My name is Kim Himchan, I’m the serif of the town we come from, I’m man of justice why I should harm your village? I never killed anyone anyway» I told him but from laughing he face turn serious, «All I know is your name and what are you, nothing tells me that you’re not going to harm my village or if you ever killed someone. I’m Koa Yuma, I’m chief’s son, I’m eighteen years old and I have killed so many strangers. Do you believe me? I guess no, so don’t wait from me to believe you. I’ll tell my father the reason of your come and he is the one who will decide about your future and I bet it’s not going to be bight» he said and he got his knife back before he took his leave, how a young person like him is like this?

[Daehyun’s P.o.V]

The first thing my father did when I entered the tent was to ask me about the strangers as he sends me to, I told him the truth and he decided that we have to kill the strangers. Tomorrow at morning we will shoot them to death. I somehow feel sorry for them, I saw that one of them was hurt, he looked young as the rest of them but it’s their fault that they chose the wrong path, searching for mines always gets you in trouble with Indians, why they keep on trying anyway? Why they want gold so much? They never can get enough, they always want more. They always end up killing us for a stupid shine rock. I can’t understand strangers, does a rock worth more than a human life? A culture, a tradition.

That Himchan guy kept on yapping after I left, even when I was at the tent talking to father, he doesn’t really give up, right? He looks pathetic trying to fix the mistake he made with his words, he doesn’t know that is useless, father already made his decision. It’s bad for him, he looked so different from the other strangers I met, strangers always have white skin but his skin was like the white clouds and his eye shape looked like fox spirit’s one but talking about his personality too, he seems like a honest person who can’t lie, even if he did lie. He is not used to lie. When I asked him why they are here he panicked, his eyes show it and when he woke up his eyes were showing that he was scared and confused. He is not used to Indians but he is the leader of them, maybe he is saying the truth, they got lost. Even so, I can’t let them leave; showing mercy always leads you in problems.

[Himchan’s P.o.V]

By the time the Indian named Koa Yuma was night, I saw him enter and exit a tent many time in the day but he never looked at us, what does he want here now? After he said something in their language to the Indians that kept an eye on us they gave us water but none of us dared to drink, «Drink it, It’s going to be your last. Tomorrow in the morning you will die» chief’s son said trying to make us drink but hearing this news more shocked us, «You can’t do this bastard» Nick said «We didn’t hurt you! Why don’t you just let us go?! You think that some ing water can help us right now?! We’re thirsty for 2 days and we’re going to die tomorrow so it’s useless! » his big mouth is going to get us in trouble, the Indian looked like he didn’t heard any of it «Sending someone at the other world thirsty or hungry is bad luck» he explained «So shout your mouth and be thankful for it» he added giving him a cold gaze, «We’ll be more thankful if you’d let us go» my friend joined the conversation, now the young boy looked pissed as he walked towards him, I didn’t know what was in his mind, I don’t want him to hurt my friend. «Don’t you dare to touch him» I warned him but the only thing he did was to let out a chuckle and mess my friend’s hair, «So you’re the hero among them? You really must be the serif, I have heard that a serif always protect the others» he looked at me now walking toward me «Even if they can’t, look at you, you’re tied up but you dare to warn me? Me? The chief’s son? Who can decide to not let you wait and kill you right now? You like to play with fire, don’t you? But did you forget what I just told you? You’re going to die and you are in mood for a fight? » He asked me when he was some inches away from my face, «I’m in the mood to protect my men’s life with my own life. I’m not in the mood in games but for a deal. Let my men leave but I’m going to stay, I’m important for our town, what do you think? » my offer was nothing more but shock for him, «Let them go and I’ll stay at their position, I’ll do everything you want, just let them go».