Chapter 6~

May i'm different but i may be your love

[Himchan's P.o.V]

It's been two weeks and a half since the incident that changed my position in the tribe. From a dirty prisoner to a member of the tribe. These past days Koa has been teaching me about the Indian's way of life, from the first thing they do when they wake to the last one before they go to sleep and honestly I liked that new way of life, a more simple life and more respectful to the things around us. But I really missed my family though.

 

Today Koa and I went of for hunting lessons. Koa told me that we kill only what we need not more, we respect the animals as some spirits live within them and if we kill more animals than we need they will get mad and we will not able to hunt again. 

"Can we skip that lesson today Koa? Come on, it's not like I haven't go for a hunt before"

"I'm sure you did Himchan" he looked at me before he looked back at what supposed to be our prey. "But you have to learn to harm the less you can the animal. Everyone can get a gun and start to shoot, but not many know how to use the bow" he smiled at me as he aimed his arrow towards the wild boar that seemed to not notice us for now. Koa's behaviour towards me has changed since he become my teacher, at first I thought he was acting but actually he didn't, he was very friendly and I did liked this side of him, even if he could be bossy some times.

"Okay, I get it. I have to learn it the traditional way" I sighed and I looked at our prey.

"Watch carefully" Koa aimed his arrow towards the wild boar from a better angle and he remained stay and still. For a moment the time froze as Koa was waiting for the right moment to shoot, nervously I was looking at him from time to time and he seemed so focused and I couldn't help myself but found it hot. Soon enough I had to shook away my thoughts as I saw Koa shoot the wild board right on its sides, quickly I shoot as well on its back, the wild boar seemed to be pain as it star to run all over trying to get rid of the arrows on its body. A second arrow soon shouted from Koa's bow right on the wild animal's neck dropping dead.

"What's wrong cowboy?" Koa looked at me smirking "Young kids shout better than you. You are helpless with out your gun, right? Just remember. Don't shoot on its back" I nodded my head and we get up fron our hiding spot, "Now come help me. We have to take it back to the village" 

 

A half hour we were back at the village, the sun was still on. The wild boar that we catch -well Daehyun did- was getting ready by the women who will cooked as a diner for the tribe.

"I can't believe you are here for almost a month" Koa looked at me as we were taking care of our horses "You were big trouble when you first come. Koa didn't liked you at all, he preferred to see you dead rather to see you one more day tied on the poll" Shilah, Koa's close friend said. These past days were a bit of hell for me as I tried to learn their language but hard work did have good results in the end.

"I don't think so. He saved my life once...you could say that it was a love hate relationship" I chuckled as I caressed my horse's head, "Love? I don't think so, don't be full of yourself. You were just different and I wouldn't let you die since you were our prisoner, that's all." he looked at me and he smiled "You are getting better and better everyday. You will soon be one of us"

"I guess we will have to do it the traditional way, right? Like we did back when we were twelve?"

"Exactly. Himchan will not be an exception"

"What? What do you mean?" I looked at them confused, "What tradition?" 

"Oh you know, we will chop off your " Koa smirked and this time I looked at them in shock, "My what?!" I half screamed "You can't be serious!". Koa and Shilah looked ath each other before they start laughing, "Hey! Is that funny to you?" I said looking away annoyed, "Yes" Shilah chuckled, "It was a joke Himchan. Don't worry, your precious is safe" Koa laugh again.

"Can you be serious for a second and explain me?" I looked at him but I was still annoyed by their joke some seconds ago, "Don't worry, you will do fine. My father will give you a mission to show that you are ready, it's not hard"

"What kind of mission?"

"It's mostly a hunt. You will go to catch something by yourself, a wild boar or something" he shrugged his shoulders. "That was my mission, to catch a wild boar, do you remember Koa?" Shilah asked and Koa nodded "I remember how nervous you were but you did fine in the end. My mission as the chief's son was to catch a bison" Koa looked at me, "Don't worry I don't think that my father will give such a mission"

"I hope so. It's hard to me to catch a wild boar, how I will catch a bison? That's crazy. How did you even catch an animal like that when you was a kid? I don't understand"

"Koa trained hard and he is keep training. One day he will be the chief of our village, he has to be ready for everything" Shilah explained. "I see" I nodded "But it's a kind of pity. You didn't enjoyed your teens"

"My teens? What do you mean?"

"You are eighteen Koa, you are are a teen. The teens at my town are more free, sure they have works to do but some of them also study, they go to school. And of course they have fun"

"You white faces have different needs from us, we have works as well and we study too. We do have fun as well but what you and I call fun is very different. We have some ceremonies that are very fun, we eat, drink and dance around the fire. You will see soon what Im talking about, when you will be part of the tribe we will have a ceremony just for you. We also have to give you a name."

"A name? I have a name you know, I don't need one" Koa chuckled at my words "You do need one. You will be one of us, you need a name like ours" he smiled, "I have found a perfect one for you"

"What are you? My godparent?" I chuckled, "Something like this" he went back taking care of his horse, "That's a big pleasure Himchan. When a member of the chief's family you are kind of blessed" Shilah walked towards me along side with his horse "Keme looks quite different and happy now" he said caressing my horse and indeed Keme -Thunder's new name (also meaning Thunder)- was different and I as well. Keme looked healthy and happy as ever, looks like he wanted to be closer to nature rather than be stuck in stable at our town, he also had a feather that graced his mane and had a little thunder painted on top of his head. I from the other side I gave up my old outfit and hat for new that was only a set of pants and shoes like Koa's ones and as well I had some feathers on my head, I looked like an Indian but the only difference was that I didn't have a paint face like the others.

"Okay that's enough of it for today. We better go some rest before diner" Koa said and he turned away to face me. "Lets go"

Some minutes later we left the stable and now I was walking along side with Koa around the village, Shilah have left earlier to go help with the fire. "You will eat and go right at your tent to sleep. Tomorrow we have to wake up early, you need some more hunting lessons but first we have to go for fishing" Koa looked at me, "After two or three lessons you will be ready, don't worry" he sighed, "I'm not worrying about it. There is something else that makes me worrying"

"And what is that?" he stopped for a moment, I stopped as well and I made a little pause, "My family. It's been long time away from home, I miss them...and I'm worrying, I know they are worrying too. We lost our father last year...and-"

"You believe that they lost you too, right?" he took a step closer to me as I nodded, "Listen here Himchan. I know it's difficult for you but now you have to stay strong. The tribe needs you or we are dead. You will see your family soon" I sighed and looked away, "When? Are you serious Koa? I'm training myself these ing past weeks and I still have way to go. Then I will have to wait until I will save your village and God only knows when this is going to be" I crossed my arms still not looking at him. Suddenly I felt his hand cup my cheek and I looked at him meeting his gaze, "No one said that will be easy Himchan, but remember what you told me. You want peace between us...but peace is something hard to accomplish. Have faith, I promise that you will see your family soon" he smiled to me as he let go of my cheek amd somehow his smile made me feel peace in my soul. Even if was worried about everything, at this time I had tro trust him.

 

-A/N-

It's beel long time, right? But I come back to stay, keep tuned for more updates! 🙇💕