It Hurt

L O V E

Minkyung waited beside a gate of a school about 15 minutes. The school gates finally open and the students started walking out. It seen that it’s a special school for girls only. Minkyung keep an eye on every student that comes out carefully. Already many students that out from the school but she hasn’t found someone that she was looking for. Minkyung still wait and waiting.

Minkyung almost give up.

“Maybe she didn’t go to scholl” Minkyung muttered.

“It means I have to go to her house.”

Minkyung insisted to met her because Minkyung’s mind was still uneasy. Message by message isn’t replyed, call by call isn’t answered.

 

Minkyung still keep an eye on the rest students that out and from far she’s looking at someone who walked up while chatting with her friend beside.

Yes! She’s Siyeon!

 

Minkyung immediately hid herself beside the gate wall, so Siyeon unaware that she was there. Minkyung will appear if Siyeon already out from the school.

Siyeon keep walking with her friend beside until Minkyung call her and get near.

“Siyeon!”

 

How surprised Siyeon, saw Minkyung was in front of her.

Siyeon look so awkward even she can’t smile.

 

“I go home first.” Her friend said goodbye to Siyeon.

“Oh, yap! Bye!” Siyeon waved.

 

“What you doing here, unnie?” Siyeon ask with cold tone

Hear Siyeon speak as cold as it Minkyung’s heart feels sad, kinda hurt, but she wouldn’t show it.

“Hm.. nothing. I just want to meet you.”

“Oo..” Siyeon didn’t talk much

Minkyung tried to keep calm.

“How about lunch? Unnie treat you?” Minkyung tried to be as normal as usuall.

“I have to go home early.” Siyeon refused.

Don’t know why Siyeon be so cold to her. Again and again, Minkyung’s heart feels like hitted by a big stone when hear that. Minkyung close her eyes and breath deeply for a second.

“We have to talk, Siyeonie.” Minkyung finally said.

“What you wanna talk? Talk here.”

“Can we go from here? Not here.” Minkyung’s voice sounds begging.

Siyeon didn’t say anything.

Minkyung looked at Siyeon hopefully.

Then..

 

“Okay” Siyeon answered shortky without asking where they were going.

Minkyung smiled.

Minkyung looking for taxi with rush.

 

Inside the taxi.

“Where are we going?” The driver asked.

 

Minkyung asked Siyeon,”Where do you want for lunch?”

“Up to you.”

Minkyung try to stay calm,

“How about your favorite café?”

“I said it’s up to you. Unnie that invite me, I just following you.” Siyeon said.

 

Minkyung smiled disappear instantly. It’s hurt. She didn’t want to ask anymore, didn’t wanna make Siyeon angrier. She told the driver to the place that will be addressed and go from there.

Inside the taxi, Siyeon just shut up and busy playing her cell phone. Minkyung didn’t say anything too. She just can stared at Siyeon with random feelings.

Minkyung want to try to break the ice but afraid ruin Siyeon’s mood and failed to talk with her. Minkyung want to cry but it’s not the right time. It’s not funny if she cried before she talk and explain all about what happen yesterday.

“Siyeonie, why are you become like this? Don’t stay away from me”

Minkyung’s heart said.

 

The taxi stop in front of a café.

The café with a minimalist interior but looks so comfort and kinda posh.

Minkyung and Siyeon out of the taxi and walking side by side.

The café looks a bit crowdes, but the athmos[here still feels calm. It’s a new place for Siyeon, not her favorite café. This is the café that recommended by Yebin to Minkyung. Yebin did know a lot about the cafes are cool and comfort.

Minkyung choose the right seat. Yap! Beside the window but in the corner, so they can focus to talk.

Siyeon and Minkyung sitting face to face. Minkyung straight to read the menu, while Siyeon back to play her phone not touch the menu book.

Minkyung already found the food and drink that she would order.”Siyeon, what’s your order?”

“I’m not hungry.” Siyeon not even look at minkyung.

“Siyeon come on, eat with me.” Minkyung try to persuade Siyeon gently.

“I’m here to talk, not to eat.” Siyeon said firmly, staring at Minkyung a moment and then back to look at her phone.

Again and again, Minkyung heart feels so hurt.

“Okay” Minkyung didn’t talk much anymore.

 

She call the waitress.

“Americano iced and lemon tea iced.” Said Minkyung softly.

Minkyung know that Siyeon really loved Tea Iced, so she order it for her and Minkyung didn’t order any food too.

Hear that, Siyeon looked up her head.

The waitress write the orders and went out from them.

Siyeon stared at Minkyung.

 

“You’re right, we’re here not to eat. So, I just order a drink, for you too. It’s not wrong, right?” Minkyung stared back at Siyeon wistfully.

“So what we want to talk about?” Siyeon already can’t wait.

“Please wait till the drink coming.”

“Hurry up. Eomma can get angry because I came home late from school.” Siyeon complaining.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take you home and talk to eomma.” Minkyung said earnestly.

Siyeon sighed and turned back to her cell phone.

Minkyung still not giving up.

“How was your school today?”

“As usual.” Siyeon answered flatly.

 

The more often Siyeon talk, the more Minkyung felt hurt.

Minkyung didn’t ask anything more. She turned her gaze to the window.

 

The waitress finally came.

She put two glasses of drink on the table and go.

Minkyung shift the glass of lemon tea iced in front of Siyeon but Siyeon not respond.

Minkyung start to drink her Americano and then sigh.

“Siyeon…”

“Hng..” Siyeon answer but didn’t turn from her phone screen.

“Put your cell phone, please.” Minkyung pleaded.

Siyeon finally put his phone and looked at Minkyung.

“Unnie, I’m sorry I went into your huse withut permission and bothering you with Yebin yesterday.” Siyeon said seriously.

“Siyeonie…”

Minkyung not yet complete her words, Siyeon interrupting.

“I rang the bell two time, but no one open the door. I call you too but you don’t answer. So, I decide to go in because I think you had home.” Add Siyeon.

“Siyeonie, this is what I want to talk about. You must be thinking bad about what happened yesterday. I’m not dating with Yebin.” Minkyung stared at Siyeon, hope that Siyeon can understand.

“You’re dating with Yebin or not, it’s not my business.” Siyeon said coldly.

“Then why you didn’t answer my calls and my messages last night? You’re mad right?” Minkyung’s tone hasn’t changed, still soft.

“Nope. Last night I had to study because today I got an exame. Then I went to bed early because I was tired. Beside it, I was embarrassed, don’t know what to say to you. I feel embarrassed because I get into your home without permission. Once again, sorry.” Siyeon bows her head.

“If you’re not angry with me, you will not be this cold to me.”

“You’re overreacting, unnie. I feel as usually.” Siyeon staring Minkyung.

Minkyung didn’t want to argue because she knows Siyeon that in front of her now isn’t Siyeon that she knew before.

“Let me explain. When Yebin touch my forehead and my face in the parking lot, she just checking. She think I got a fever. Not making out like you said. And when we sleep together, I’m sleepy after take a headache medicine. I asked Yebin to accompany me. I don’t know if she’s asleep and I didn’t realize if I hugged her. Nothing else we do.” Minkyung explained seriously.

“Acctually that’s none of my business, unnie. What ever you do with Yebin is not my problem. I just feel guilty of bothering you yesterday.”

“I don’t feel bothered at all and I don’t want you misunderstand about it. Once again, I’m not dating with Yebin.” Minkyung a bit emotional. Minkyung said as she hold the tears because Siyeon didn’t want to understand.

“Okay, if you’re not dating with Yebin. So, what else?”

“I don’t want you thinking bad of me and away from me.” Minkyung  getting weak.

 

Siyeon speechless.

 

Minkyung just stared at Siyeon.

 

“Unnie, I have to go home. Eomma must be waiting for me.” Siyeon diverted the conversation and stood up, ready to leave.

Minkyung stood up too. “Wait, we haven’t finished talking.”

“What else, unnie? Unnie already explained all and I already say sorry, too.” Siyeon didn’t wanna hear anymore.

Minkyung speechless.

“I go.” Siyeon began stepped out but Minkyung catch Siyeon’s hand.

“Wait! Okay, I’ll take you home but wait, I pay first.” Minkyung surrender.

Minkyung call the waitress asked for bill.

“Keep the change.” Says Minkyung to the waitress.

And then the waitress go.

 

Siyeon walking on the front and Minkyung following on the behind. Minkyung can’t hold the pain anymore. Her eyes began teary.

In the taxi they weren’t  talk each other. Siyeon no want to talk at all. Minkyung confused how to make Siyeon back close to her. She never seen Siyeon as cold as this. Minkyung feels so afraid to lose her.

“Siyeonie, I…” Minkyung said with a half-whisper.

Siyeon turned.

Minkyung looked down.

Don’t know what she want to say but Minkyung unable to continue her words. The tears flows on her cheeks. Minkyung probably couldn’t help it anymore.

Minkyung immediately wipe her tears, Siyeon’s heart felt a bit weak. Minkyung sat facing the window, hid her tears and cry. Minkyung couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. She cries.

Siyeon know that Minkyung is crying, her heart is getting weaker. Sometimes the sobs was heard though Minkyung hold it.

Siyeon’s heart becomes erratic. She also feel sad when to see Minkyung cry but she didn’t know what she should do.

Siyeon can’t say anything and looked down. Siyeon also didn’t understand why being so cold to Minkyung, but she also didn’t know why she’s so mad if she remember about what happened yesterday. Siyeon really not understand what she felt.

Taxi stop

Minkyung wiping her tears. She  paid the taxi.

“I’ll accompany you.”

Minkyungg getting out of the taxi.

“No, unnie. I can go alone.” Siyeon refused.

 

“I told you that I was going to talk to eomma.” Minkyung insisted.

“But..”

Siyeon haven’t finished taling but Minkyung already out of taxi.

Minkyung walk a little faster and Siyeon only be followed like a kid.

Minkyung pressed the bell. Just a few second later Siyeon’s mom open the door.

“Hi, Minkyung!” Siyeon’s mom greets happily.

 

Minkyung just smile. Fake smile.

 

“Come in.” Siyeon’s mom invite.

“No, eomma. I just take Siyeon home. Sorry I made Siyeonie go home late because I took her to the café for a while.” Minkyung explain brieflt but clearly.

Siyeon just silent beside Minkyung, staring Minkyung with guilt.

Siyeon’s mom who had been keep an eye on Minkyung’s face, looks like there was a different. It’s looks clear that Minkyung just cried.

“What happened, Minkyungie?” Siyeon’s mom asl=ked gently.

“Nothing, eomma.” Minkyung covered it with a fake smile.

“Well I have to go home now.” Minkyung say goodbye.

“Siyeonie, I’m go.”

Siyeon speechless.

“Be careful.” Siyeon’s mom touch Minkyung’s shoulder.

Minkyung just nodded  and went before them without looking back.

Siyeon’s mom knew that there must be something happened between Minkyung and Siyeon.

Siyeon and Mom go into the house.

Eomma invite Siyeon to sit.

“What happened between you and Minkyung? You both have a fight?”

“…” Siyeon just silent, confuse what’s the reason that she have to say because it’s impossible to tell the truth.

“Siyeonie?”

“Me and Minkyung unnie just disagree on something” Siyeon said carefully.

“Whatever the problem, introspection and talk well. Solve it wisely. Don’t be stubborn and emotionally. Eomma know, Minkyung unnie definitely more mature.” Mom advised Siyeon with great tenderness.

Siyeon looking down.

“Do you understand?”

Siyeon nodded,”Yes, eomma.”

“Well, you better changed your clothes.” Mom rubbed Siyeon’s back, calm her down.

 

Minkyung are in a park. Yap! The park where they usually eat donuts together. Looks like she didn’t go home after from Siyeon’s home.

She sat alone on the bench, under a shady tree where Siyeon and her usually sat. Cloudy, cool and windy, the weather seemed to understand Minkyung’s feeling.

She was daydreaming. Flashback to the moments where both were laughing and joking in that place. Siyeon that she knew is different from Siyeon that she met now.

“Siyeon been different now. Maybe she didn’t want to close with me anymore. It hurt.”