Jealousy (1)

L O V E

After practice Yebin invite Minkyung to taking a break at a fast food cafe. The time was 5.30 PM, Yebin feels hungry so she took Minkyung to eat at her favorite fast food café. They went straight to the counter to order and pay at the same time. Luckyly, there’s no waiting lines.

“I want cheese burger, French fries and cola.” Yebin said to one of the waitresses behind the counter.

“Unnie?” Yebin ask to Minkyung

Minkyung see menus on the counter.

“I want chicken sticks and Americano iced.” Add Minkyung.

“Nothing else?” ask the waitress

“Nope.”

 

The waitress went to prepare the orders.

 

They waited while standing rather than having to go back and forth from the seat. Minkyung wait while looking at her cell phone.

No message from Siyeon.

Last Siyeon called her at noon. Minkyung wondered to herself, ”What are Siyeon doing at home? Is she sleeping?”

She began can’t be separated from Siyeon.

 

Yebin kept staring at Minkyung. She knew Minkyung’s face looks like waiting for messages from someone.

“Unnie, you waiting for a message from someone, huh?” Yebin quipped.

“Oh. Not really. I’m just checking whether Siyeon called me or not.” Minkyung smilling.

“Unnie really close with Siyeon, right?” Yebin really want to know.

“Yap. As Unnie close to you too.” Minkyung answered softly.

“I think, Siyeon was so kind.”

Yebin ever met Siyeon several times, but not close enough.

“Yap! She was so kind, funny and adorable for me.” Minkyung said excitedly

“The first time I saw her, she looked fierce and arrogant, but it turns out,. She didn’t like that.” She expressed her impression about  Siyeon.

“Her face was look like that, but her personality isn’t like that. Her mom’s face also looks like that, but the real she’s so calm and warm.” Minkyung try to explained.

“It was the opposite of my mom. My mom look so calm, but the fact she’s a bit grumpy.” Yebin try to make a joke.

“Ahahahaha!” Minkyung laughing.

“This is your orders.” Said a waitress holding up 2 trays of their orders.

Minkyung just taked her wallet from the bag, but yebin faster and pay it all.

“I’ve been paying for all.” Yebin tell to Minkyung.

Minkyung just can stared at yebin and the put his wallet back to her bag.

 

They walked toward the table.

Minkyung said,”Yebin, I feel weird. You always treat me like this.”

“Unnie, don’t be like a person who just know me, okay.” Yebin talked seriously and nothing can Minkyung do beside smiling.

 

Minkyng and Yebin choose to sit next to the window, so they can see the street view that a bit cloudy. They sat facing each other.

Yebin who already hungry, can’t wait, straight to bite the burger. Meanwhile, Minkyung prefer to drink first.

“Eat slowly, yeb” Minkyung see Yebin bitting a big bite like no tomorrow.

Yebin just smiled because was full.

 

Minkyung started to take one piece of chicken stick and poked it on a sauce beside it. Minkyung bite it and began chewing it slowly, while looking at Yebin who were chewing deliciously.

Yebin her drink with a rush because she felt tight and can’t breath. Yebin take a deep breath.

“Sorry unnie, I’m hungry.” Yebin smiling cutely.

“it’s okay, but that’s impotant you have to eat slowly so you don’t choke.”

Yebin began to bite her burger again but with a normal bite. Minkyung facing the window, see the street view.

Instanly her expression changed when she saw someone walking hand in hand while chatting and laughing. Minkyung oberve it a moment, and then without thinkink she ran out. Yebin who was drinking shocked and didn’t have to ask. Yebin just look her from the window.

Minkyung out and stop them right in front of the café.

“Siyeon!” Minkyung yelled a bit loud nor slow.

Siyeon surprised,”Unnie!”

“Hi!” minkyung say hello.

“Where are you from?” Ask Minkyung.

“Just hangout.” Siyeon answer shortly.

“Oh unnie, this is Somi” Add Siyeon introducing a girl in her side. “Somi, this is Minkyung unnie.”

 

They shook hands each other warmly.

 

“Unnie was eating at this café?” Ask Siyeon

“Yap.”

“Alone?” Siyeon asked agaid and turning to find who’s accompanied Minkyung.

“No.. Unnie with yebin. She's inside.”

 

Suddenly Minkyung’s eyes stared straight on their hands in each other. There’s a sense in her heart that a bit difficult to understand and she did’t like to see it. Minkyung quickly turn her eyes and change the topic.

“Siyeonie, you told me that you’re lazy to go out today.”

“Yeah. I actually lazy, but Somi force me and I can’t refuse.” Siyeon look at Somi and Somi just smiling widely.

 

When Siyeon stared at Somi’s face, Minkyung feels like something discomfort in her heart. Especially when Siyeon said theat she can’t say no to Somi. “How close are they? Is as close as that? Siyeon never talk about Somi before. Who’s Somi? Friend? Close friend? Or …?” Minkyung wondering in her mind.

 

“Unnie!” call Siyeon who saw Minkyung who suddenly fell silent.

“Ah! Yap!” Minkyung a bit shocked.

“Well, I want to go home, unnie. It was getting late and the sky getting cloudy.” Siyeon say goodbye.

Somi politely say bye to minkyung,”Bye, unnie.”

“Be careful.” The last words from Minkyung.

Siyeon and Somi wave her hand to Minkyung.

 

Minkyung stand speechless for a moment there because her mind feels jumbled see the closeness of Siyeon and Somi.

Meanwhile, yebin who watched from the window while eating seems understand something from Minkyung’s expression.