Is It Love??

L O V E

At 6 Pm, a bit rainy.

Siyeon can’t focus to studying. She felt a bit dizzy. Her mind is always thinking about  that incident this afternoon. She closed her book rudely.

“Aaarrggghh!” Siyeon kicked off the desk..

 

Siyeon left her desk and lay down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling that e and clean.

She sighed deeply.

Remember all the words of her mom, she musn’t be selish and stubborn, but sometimes she feels a bit annoyed when remember about Minkyung and Yebin.

 

She saw her phone, no one message from Minkyung. Since she back home, Minkyung not call or send her message. Siyeon feels a bit worries.

“Why she didn’t call me? What’s she doing now?”

Siyeon mused.

“Could it be that she is with Yebin?’

“Ugh! I don’t like to think about it!”

 

Siyeon very curious, want to hear something from Minkyung, but she’s put on air. She’s better to waiting for Minkyung who call her first. Siyeon throw her cell phone to her side.

Minkyung go into the house with a bit wet. Looks like she’s caught in the rain. She put her bag and plastic bag on the table. She bought something, and then went into the bathroom.

Siyeon lying face down on her bed, keep an eyes on her cell phone again. Still no words from Minkyung. Siyeon try typing a message, but the she delete it. She was confused,

“Do Minkyung unnie still want to read the messa from me? Do Minkyung unnie still waiting to hear something from me? What if Mnkyung unnie also angry because of my attitude?’

Siyeon damn confused and buried her face on the bed. She didn’t understand why she became so worried to Minkyung.

Siyeon up and walked to the window. Open the curtains and stared at the night sky was still misting. Her mind cant be separated from Minkyung, there’s a sense of guilt that haunts herself tonight.

“Am I in love with her?”

 

Minkyung sitting in front of the mirror while drying her hair with hair dryer. Her body looks fresh but her mind still chaos. Her eyes looks so tired. Today completely drain her mind and heart.

After dring her hair, she brushed her hair softly. And then left the bed room, opened the bag and pulled out her cell phone. Her face looks a bit disappointed when she knew no one message from Siyeon.

He didn’t call Siyeon first because she thought SIyeon certainly didn’t want it. Minkyung then thought better to wait Siyeon who call her firt.

“Why I wish Siyeon to call me first? That’s impossible.”

Minkyung put his phone on the table in the living room and then went to the fried, took a bowl of small ice cubes, spon and glass.

She bring what she had prepare to the table in the living room, but she back to the kitchen and looking for something.

She found it on the top of the fridge. Yes! A corkscrew. Finally, it’s completed.

Minkyung pulled out a small green bottle from the plastic bag.

That’s Soju.

She start to open the lid, put a few ice cubes into a glass and pouring soju until half-full. She shaking the glass slowly for a moment so make the soju colder. And then, she picked up the remote and search for tv program which pleasant.

She began to drink her soju and sat back. Her left hand hold the glass and her right hand was still pressing the remote.

“Ugh! No show was fun!” Minkyung complain.

 

Maybe not the tv show that’s not good, but her mood was really bad.

Television turn on just for a background noise and she’s busy drinking her soju.

 

Yebin stting on her bed look at her cell phone. There’s still no reply or call as well. Yebin confused and curious. She try to call again but now via a video call.

 

“Unnie!” Yebin greet, waving her hand.

“Hi, yeb!” Mnkyung face looks so clear.

Yebin  feels so happy because she finally answered her call.

“Unnie, what are you doing?”

“I was chilled in the living room.” MInkyung gave her smile.

But Yebin felt something strange with her. Her face was flushed, her eyes looks like sleepy and her voice sounds so weak.

“Unnie why you don’t come to practice? I pick you up but you’re not home.”

“Sorry yeb, there was something to do today. Hehe..” Minkyung apologized.

 

Yebin feel getting strange.

“Then why unnie  didn’t reply to my message and answer my call?”

 

Minkyung seen drinking her drink.

 

“Sorry yeb, I was busy.”

“Unnie, what are you drinking?” Yebin so sucpicious.

Minkyung showed the glass to the camera.

“You want?” Minkying offered with a smile.

Minkyung seems began drunk.

“What is that?”

Minkyung put the glass and show the bottle in front of the camera, smiling sweetly innocent.

“Exactly! I’ve guessed it!” Yebin’s heart said.

 

“Unnie, you drunk!!” Yebin face suddenly became very serious.

“No yeb.. hehe”

“Unnie, always like this!” Yebin tone was rising, then ended the video call.

 

Yebin feels upset, and then leave the room. With a rush she grabbed the car key on the table but her mom grab it first. Yebin startled.

“Where are you going again? You just go home!” Mom interrogated.

“Eomma, give me the key..” Yebin pleaded.

“No!’ Mom hold the key.

“I want to buy some food for dinner.” Yebin trying make a reason.

“Eomma have been cooking. Dinner at home and don’t look for an excuse to get out.” Mom looked at Yebin seriously.

“Okay, to be honest, my friend need my help right now.” Yebin say the truth.

“Yebin, stay at home. It’s raining. Take a rest. This whole day you are busy. Stop out at night.”

“Eimma, please… Punish me tomorrow. Whatever the punishment I accept it.” Yebin put a sad face.

Mom just silent.

“Didn’t I never complain when I get your punishment? Because I know I disobeyed you.” Yebin kept reassuring her mom.

“Yebin, eomma gave you a punishment to make you understand and stop go out at night. Not to punish you again and again.” Mom said gently.

“Eomma, pleaseeeee… it’s not to late. Still 7 PM” Yebin kept pleading.

Yebin’s mom tooka deep breath. And then…

“Umm!” mom give the car key.

With a very happy expression Yebin grab it,”Yeay!!”

“Wait! Don’t come home late, you still have to school tomorrom!” Mom give the terms.

“Yes, eomma!” Thank you so much!” Yebin kiss her mom on the cheek and ran.

“I’m go! Love you!” She shout and go.

Yebin’s mom just can smile and shake her head look at her daughter’s behavior.

 

Yebin drive her car full speed. Yebin is skillful in driving and that’s whay her parents gave her a private car.

“Unnie! Why you drunk again?”

“What happened with you?”

“I’m sure it’s still about Siyeon.”

 

Minkyung already drink to bottles of soju. And when she want to open a third bottle, the bell rang.

“Ugh! Who’s coming at night like this?” Minkyung annoyed with half drunk but still mindful.

Minkyung walked to the door and open the door.

What a surprise,”Yebin!”

Yebin look at her without expression.

“Come in!” Minkyung pull Yebin’s hand and invited her to sit on the couch.

The soju scent smells clearly in the living room. Yebin see already two bottles that open.

“Why you come here, yeb?” Minkyung asked while tyring to open the third bottle.

Yebin catch Minkyung’s hand,”Enough, unnie!”

Minkyung looked at Yebin.

“How much more you want to drink?” Yebin move away the rest of soju.

“Yebin, please… Once more…” Minkyung begging.

“No! Enough!” Yebin said so serious.

Minkyung looked down.

“What happen, unnie?” Yebin try to calm her.

Minkyung didn’t say anything.

 

YEbin put out a canned drink from a white plastic bag.

Pure coconut water drink.

She but it in mini market that she found on the way to Minkyung house. Yebin knows that coconut water is great for neutralizing alcohol.

“Drink it.” Yebin give that canned drink.

“I’m not going to drink it.” Minkyung refused

“Why you coming here, yeb?”

“I’m here for you, unnie.” Yebin voice sounds meant it and sincere.

 

Minkyung not say anything.

 

“I’ll not let you drunk.” Yebin added.

“So what, if I’m drunk? I drunk right at home.” Minkyung still asked

“I ask you, how could you feel if the person that you love is in trouble and drunk?”

Minyung looked at Yebin. Although with a bit drunk, Minkyung still can understand what Yebin said.

“Yebin, why you so nice to me? You always take care me well everytime, never get tired. But why my mind and heart just to Siyeon?”

Minkyung’s heart said.

 

Minkyung take a canned drink that Yebin hold. She open and drink it.

Minkyung know that’s a small proof of Yebin’s love, she shouldn’t refuse it.

 

Yebin sitting close beside Minkyung.

“Unnie, whatever problems you’re facing, you better tell it than you have to drunk.” Yebin give an advice to Minkyung.

 

Minkyung want to share what was weighing on her mind at this sime to Yebin, but Minkyung even be afraid to hurt Yebin.

Minkyung rested her head on Yebin’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry if I always make you worry.”

“Unnie no ned to say sorry, because I did it sincerely.” Yebin embrace Minkyung’s shoulder.

“Thanks.” Said Minkyung weakly.

“Unnie, don’t do it again okay.. I beg you, I love you. Do unnie also love me?”

(to be continued...)