03 No Acknowledgement

Mingyu Ahjussi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I originally had Ignite's debut as September 2015 but Twice's debut was in October which would mean Ignite is the sunbae group...so I changed the setting to April 2016! Seventeen would be in their Pretty U era!

 

03 | No Acknowledgement

"Binsol..." Soonyoung hesitated.

"Hi Soonyoung....I mean Hoshi sunbae!" I tried to sound calm and escape my awkward aura. Just then, Woozi poked his head out from the side of the door.

"Yoooo Sol!" he shouted enthusiastically.

"Yo Hoon!" I raised my hand up for a high five. Then I remembered a little handshake which we did in front of the others.

"You guys have a handshake? Without me knowing?" Hoshi pouted. 

"Bro, don't you remember? You thought it wasn't 'cool' for you back then," Woozi explained with a scoff.

I smiled at both of them, relieved that they still remembered me and weren't upset about me cutting off contact with them.

"Um anyway, we were here to say 'good luck' for your performance and to please take care of us!" I announced.

Suddenly, all the members were pushed out of the door. My members and I surprisingly backed up to leave room for the rest of the Seventeen members.

The handsome one with brunette hair squeezed through to the front.

"Wow guys, way to make a first impression by crowding at the door..." the member said. They stood in a straight line and waited for the leader's command.

"Say the name, Seventeen! Hello, we are Seventeen. Nice to meet you!" All thirteen of them shouted. The staff shushed them as artists were still performing.

"S-sorry!" the so-called leader apologized.

Both groups looked at each, not knowing what to do next.

Seulbi tried to break the silence.

"So your album is really great! I especially love 'Popular Song' and 'Pretty U'!" she pointed out as she tried to do the cheek-cheek-V-sign dance from 'Pretty U'.

The Seventeen members giggled and were in awe.

"Thank you! Can't forget your guys' signature move for 'Pistol'," Hoshi mentioned as he did a gun pose with his hands.

We all laughed, trying to break the ice.

We all introduced ourselves to one another. Having thirteen members must be somewhat stressful, always hearing the same question over and over again, 'Why are you called Seventeen when you only have thirteen members?' So we didn't bother with the stereotypical question.

"Do well for your stage! We have to go greet some other sunbaes." Yoonyoung said, trying to end their interactions as they were behind their greeting schedule.

"Oh, we're sorry for holding you back!" the leader S.Coups rubbed the back of his neck feeling sorry.

"No, no! It was very great and fun to meet you all!" Seulbi replied. She gave a shy smile to him.

"Hey Jeong, why don't you end us off since you haven't said anything yet?" I suggested.

"Oh okay! Tick, tick, tick, boom! This has been Ignite! Thank you!" Dajeong gave a clean ending. The four of us bowed as the boy group bowed shortly after us.

We started to leave to another sunbae's room when Hoshi grabbed my arm.

"Hey..." he started.

"Um...hello sunbae."

"Dude, don't be like that," he laughed at me calling him 'sunbae'.

"Well I'm not wrong...and besides, it's a music program and I need to act like a junior."

He scoffed at my words.

"You wanna meet up sometime? Go through choreo? Or a song maybe?" He asked shyly.

"Sorry, I don't think I can. My company doesn't let us have free time during our promotion. Maybe after our promotion?" I reasoned.

Why was he asking me this stuff all of a sudden? Doesn't he feel awkward around me? It's been three years since we've seen each other.

"Okay, cool. I can bring Jihoon too, if that makes you comfortable."

"Yeah sure. I gotta go, see you around, Hoshi sunbae," I also chuckled at my awkward 'sunbae' calling and jogged to the girls who were waiting for me.

"Dang, what was that about? Getting hit on already?" Seulbi raised her right brow. I can't tell if she's joking or not.

"Really, unnie, really?" Dajeong pokes my arm as we head to the next room.

"Guys, it was nothing!" I rolled my eyes at the trivial questions.

"As if," Yoonyoung doubted my useless words.

I rolled my eyes once more.

We arrived in front of another door. TWICE.

Twice....Twice....Twice.

We all looked at each other. Twice meant....Nayeon.

"Guys...I'm nervous..." I confessed my thought. 

"What are you even nervous about? She ditched us for another group and never contacted us afterward!" Yoonyoung spoke up. She wasn't lying. Nayeon never called or texted us about her life at the new company.

"I'm not greeting this ..." Seulbi said as she crossed her arms.

"But she's our sunbae...." Dajeong softly said.

"Dajeong's right. Let's just get this over with." I grunted.

It's been three whole years since we've seen Nayeon. We heard no news of her whatsoever; no phone call, text message, a memo, nothing. Heck, she could've been dead for all we know.

I can't seem to forget the memories of her though, even though I grew to become greatly disappointed at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter