02 Ignite

Mingyu Ahjussi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 | Ignite

6 years ago.

"Welcome to Klazzique Entertainment. I am your trainee manager, Kwon Sul. You and the 9 other trainees will train together in order to debut in the next however many years. More members may be added or some may be taken out or split into multiple groups. Your training will decide on your future so prepare for some hardcore training that will brush up your body to move and your vocals to ring. Good luck everyone and I will welcome in your dance trainer."

I still couldn't believe that my three bestfriends and I were accepted to the same music company at the same time. Talk about fate.

I sat my bag down next to Yoonyoung's and started to stretch. An unfamiliar girl approached me.

"Hi, I'm Im Nayeon! Nice to meet you," she smiled brightly, showing off her bunny teeth.

This is where it all began...

Surprisingly, Nayeon and I became very close friends. As cold and introverted I can be on the outside, Nayeon was willing to open up for me to become comfortable with her. She'd tell me about her life before as a trainee while we were on breaks, joke around with me and basically become bestfriend #4. She also got close to Dajeong, Yoonyoung, and Seulbi but she stayed close to me. Plus we were only a couple days apart in age. I was really glad that I got to know all the girls in our group, especially Nayeon with her bubbly personality. Nothing could go wrong except wait for our debut day.

3 years easily slipped by just like that. Our overcrowding dance practices and vocal training kept all 10 of us busy. During that time, 3 more girls entered our group. I was worried that our group was getting way too big for all of us to debut. However, not to sound cocky, I was confident that I would be debuting earlier, compared to some of the girls.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and sat on the ground of the practice room. Interestingly, Nayeon wasn't here on time for practice. 

"Hey guys, where's Nayeon?" I asked confusingly, "She's never late..."

"I heard..." Eunsol, one of the trainees whispered, "That she got scouted by JYP!"

I crinkled my brows together subtly. JYP?

All the girls let out a audible gasp.

"No way!"

"Really?"

"Come on, Eunsol. That's only a rumor! .....Right?"

I looked at the laces of my shoes. No way would she ditch me and the rest of us for JYP...would she?

"You didn't hear this from me," Eunsol added while holding up her hands in defense.

Just then, the dance teacher came in with her training attire on.

"Everyone, unfortunately I have an announcement to make." Her eyes roamed the entire room, making eye contact with everyone.

The manager rushed in, "Did you tell them yet?" She was short of breath.

The dance teacher shook her head. She motioned the manager to take the stage and announce it herself.

The manager cleared .

"I'm very sorry to say this but, we have lost a trainee this morning." She quickly changed her nervous facial expression into a confident one.

"Nayeon will discontinue to train at Klassique starting today. We will not be dicussing the details about it. The 12 of you will continue to train and practice until your debut day. If any of you have concerns, please talk to me in advance. Continue on with your day."

The manager hustled out of the room to let the girls get into dance mode.

"So the rumor was true..?" Eunsol whispered.

"Guys, keep your heads up! Who the hell cares if she betrayed us and left for a better- I mean a different company," Yoonyoung announced to the group.

"Hey! Let's start class!" the dance instructor yelled.

Everyone got into position.

Betrayal? Yes...that's how I felt about this whole situation. She didn't even have the decency to tell us.

I stretched my arms above my head, ready to kill this dance number.

 

Another 3 years passed.

It's been a long and eventful six years of my training process. I came into the company as a 14 year old little girl with her bestfriends in order to become a successful artist. I knew nothing about the music industry as my ignorance and innocence only kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter