Face to Face

The Books of Supernatural Beings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Two : Face to Face

“So, you’ll be with me in first and last period.” Jeonghan watched with unblinking eyes as Jisoo read his schedule with an arm deep in his beige dress pants. They were the main attention in the class and, honestly, Jeonghan felt a little uncomfortable as he shifted and his ears picked up the closest group of girls. The girls were a group of Kitsune, fox spirits, with seductive expressions and ears pointing; their manicured long fingers pointed to him. He shivered visibly and Jisoo caught it, smiling. Jisoo patted his back and his eyes twinkled, “Don’t worry. My friends are here.”

A loud shrill voice was heard, shooing the flock of Kitsune away. Jeonghan looked up and saw a pair of boys; one with chubby cheeks and haughty expressions, while one had blonde hair and Caucasian face. The chubby-cheeked boy clicked his tongue in distaste and flicked his wrist sassily while the other grabbed the Caucasian’s wrist firmly, pulling through where he and Jisoo were. Jeonghan caught a whiff of dandelions when the two boys appeared in front of them.

“Those girls,” Chubby-cheeked sighed dramatically. “They thought they could seduce whoever they wanted. es.” Caucasian rolled his eyes, “You’re a Cherub, Seunggwannie. A heavenly being!” Chubby-cheeked snapped his head to Jisoo, who snickered seeing the two of them bicker; and obviously the winner was Chubby-cheeked. Caucasian sighed and walked to Jisoo in two long strides, bumping their fists. “Hey, Man,” Caucasian greeted and Jisoo nodded before pointing his chin to Jeonghan who just blinked away.

Chubby-cheeked was the one who looked at him first with curious eyes. “Oh, you’re the new student?” he asked and looked at him with twinkles in his eyes. Jeonghan smiled politely and nodded, “Yes I am, my name is Yoon Jeonghan.” Chubby-cheeked smiled with crescent eyes, enveloping Jeonghan’s hands with his own, “Oooh, I love your hair. And my name is Boo Seunggwan, nice to meet you. And that guy,” his smile fell as he pointed to Caucasian, “is Chwe Hansol, the school’s boy.” Hansol, Caucasian boy, huffed roughly, “Seunggwan! Language! You’re a Cherub, for Gods' sake!”

Seunggwan stuck his tongue out and crossed his arms, “This place is not Heaven. I can say what I wanna say, and it is true, though.” Hansol huffed and finally just shrugged, sitting beside Jisoo on the table. Seunggwan then proceeded to sit next to Jeonghan and linked his hand through the long-haired male’s arm. “So,” he started, a smile was back on his face. “What are you?” Jeonghan turned to answer the Cherub with a smile on his face, “I’m An Unknown. Basically I don’t know what am I.”

The Cherub’s brows rocketed to his hairline, “An Unknown? Woah, you’re the second Unknown in this school then. The last Unknown here is an angel and it was years ago.” Jeonghan glanced with curiousness when Hansol froze a bit as he heard the term ‘Angel’, but decided to shrug it off. His brows scrunched with seriousness, “And, what happened?” Seunggwan sighed and placed his palm flat on his forehead, dramatically, “Ten y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter