Chapter 1

Platinum

N's POV

 

Hanyoung Foreign Language High School, Seoul, South Korea. KST 7:30 AM

 

Hakyeon sighed as he stepped through the school gate of  Hanyoung High School. His chronic headaches started attacking him during his sleep last night, resulting in bad sleeping quality. His dark eye bags proved his loss of sleep, making him look like a panda that has gone crazy. He heard loud footstep and turned around, only finding himself facing his best friend, Ravi.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" questioned Ravi with his deep voice.

'He is overreacting again,' thought Hakyeon. Sometimes Hakyeon wondered if his dear friend Wonshik was gay, but it was impossible since Ravi was a well-known ert.

"Well, you were late for the bus, so I decided to ditch you instead of waiting," said Hakyeon with a pained voice.

"Is your headaches annoying you again? You should rest a bit at the nurse," said Ravi.

Hakyeon waved a hand towards Ravi, signaling that he wanted to take the lesson. He missed so many lessons because of his headaches, Hakyeon decided to just ignore the pain. The boys went to the 3rd floor of the main building and sat down at their desks by the window.

Both of them took the OSP program, which was used to help students go overseas to different countries. Hakyeon's dream is to be a dancer, but because of his chronic headaches, he never practiced for long before the headaches kick in. He really wanted to be a dancer at the world-renowned Julliard School, which was one reason he goes to a foreign language school. As for Ravi, he wanted to be a policeman, but had an interest in foreign languages, so he went to one of the best high schools in Seoul.

Even though Hakyeon's headaches were extremely disturbing, he still managed to be one of the top students of the prodigious school.

But somehow Hakyeon was always hated by the other students. The students looked at Hakyeon once he stepped into the room. Some were scared, others were disgusted.

Malicious rumors about him ran around the school like a train of gossip, never giving Hakyeon a break from the disgusted stares he received from other students.

None of the rumors were true, and jealousy is a weapon that drives people to do the unexpected.

People said he was a drug addict and alcoholic, which were the reason he had the headaches. People said he was secretly the son of a big company, and the company bribed the school to give Hakyeon good grades.

There were worse rumors than this.

But none were true.

 

Jihye's POV

 

New York Academy of the Gifted, Island M. EDT 6:30 PM

 

Jihye was kind of annoyed by the fact that she was forced back to the academy for an important meeting. The headmistress gave her two choices: come back or get expelled.

What was so important that it required a problematic student to attend a meeting?

Jihye wasn't actually problematic, more like the fact that the academy's program and training were too easy for her.

Of course, the school did not let her free without occasional missions only people with magic could finish successfully. Jihye had to search for people who had high power ranking and had not realized that magic exists yet.

How does she find them? She finds them by looking at the aura of people. People usually show 4 types of Aura: Dull Aura, Bronze Aura, Silver Aura, and Golden Aura. There are two ways for people to show their Auras. People could show their Auras by either facing the verge of death or by having headaches. Auras shown by headaches are more common, but the Aura is so weak that only the people of the Aurum ranking could see it clearly. It is hard to meet Auras that appear when people are on the verge of death, but the Auras that appear then are a lot clearer.

Jihye usually searched in hospitals or first-aid rooms to find people with the higher rankings, and she actually found many powerful people there.

Jihye waited for the headmistress, her feet plopped on the table while she sat on the sofa. She was bored and already wanting to get the hell out of the 'spacious' room. If it wasn't for the huge collection of the magical artifacts that filled one-third of the room, she will have enjoyed staying there a bit more. 

As the nerd she was, Jihye scaled up the bookshelf to find the book she didn't finish reading last time she was there. Last time she went to the office was because of her troublemaking. She suspected that she was called back again for making the Mississipi River flood, but the headmistress promised her that it was not about the flood.

The headmistress walked in as Jihye laid on the sofa with the book in hand. Jihye sprung up and gave a little bow of respect to the woman. She was surprised to see the woman change so much in the short span of 5 months. The woman looked like a ghost with her pale face.

The headmistress motioned Jihye to sit down.

"Is there a problem, Headmistress Ferland?" asked Jihye.

"Do you know about the missing students that had disappeared when they went on their missions? The amount of the missing students has grown this month. I want you to search for a lead about them. The little intelligence we have about the missing students is that all of them went on solo missions." said the headmistress.

Jihye scrunched her brows. She knew what is coming.

"If you don't, the reason you are here will be meaningless," said Headmistress Ferland with the overflowing of passive aggressiveness.

Jihye glared viciously at the woman. "You think saying that will make me follow your steps? You are wrong, madam. I was thinking of accepting the mission if it wasn't because of your warning. I refuse to accept the mission."

Jihye stood up and walked towards the door. She felt good for rejecting the woman.

"Your sister is missing."

Jihye froze.

That was convincing enough for Jihye to accept the mission immediately.

Who knew she will manage to find one of the most powerful people on her mission?

 

===================================================

 

Seems like Jihye has a bit of bad blood with Headmistress.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! A big thank you towards my subscribers for subscribing to my story!

From, Author-nim