Chapter 4

Platinum

Jihye’s POV

Incheon International Airport, Seoul, South Korea. KST 2:30 PM

Jihye finally got off from her 14-hour flight. She was sleepy and wanted to collapse.

Jihye sat on the bus to Seoul, not really knowing where to start searching for her sister.

While in deep thought, she took out her phone and started listening to the song of the different groups in the academy. Many students in the academy get into groups and participate in the biannual idol competition. Sounds pitiful, considering that the people participating are powerful people, but that is what makes the competition more special. She listened to VIXX’s Eternity, one of her personal favorites since VIXX was composed of both powerful people and her friends.

As much as she wanted to stay awake, Jihye ended up falling asleep on the bus, not knowing where exactly she was going.

=====================

The sunset was beautiful, with the mixed colors of yellow, orange, purple, and pink.

Jihye looked at the sunset while her phone play Infinite Woohyun’s Knock Knock.

Tears fell down slowly as she thought of her sister, how she had to protect her yeodongsaeng by distancing herself from her yeodongsaeng.

Now that her sister was gone, she didn’t know what to do. Was Jimin safe? Where exactly was she? Jihye hoped for the best.

Jihye got off at a random bus station in the Seoul and started searching for a place to stay. She found a temporary apartment that was rented to travellers who stayed for a week or 2. After dropping off her luggage in the apartment, Jihye went out to do some research.

Jihye only knew what her sister came to Seoul, to deliver a confidential file to the Seoul branch of Island M’s Organization, shortened as IMO. IMO Seoul was located somewhere in Gangdong-gu, but she doesn’t really know its exact location because the messengers usually found the office themselves.

Jihye went to the subway station, surprised to find herself in Yongsan-gu, which was a short ride to Gangdong-gu.

Since it was already 6 PM, Jihye decided to go to Myeongdong, which was famous as a shopping district. She bought a ticket and went on Line 1. The train came as the flow of people rushed through the platform. Jihye went on the train and sat down on the red seat.

She took out her phone and started looking at her Instagram, suddenly remembering about the lack of internet.

Jihye groaned with annoyance as she put her phone back into her bag. She needed to buy a sim card at Myeongdong.

Someone approached her.

“Hi,” said the stranger awkwardly, “May I shake your hand?”

Jihye looked at him with a suspicious look on her face.

“My name is Sungyu,” introduced the stranger.

‘His name sounds like Sunggyu from Infinite,’ thought Jihye. She noticed 2 guys giggling near the doors. ‘This guy must have lost a bet, might as well help him.’

Jihye reached for Sungyu’s hand and shook it.

Then the two of them said goodbye.

==========================

Jihye looked around Myeongdong for a restaurant after buying a sim card. She found a bulgogi restaurant that was in a more secluded area of Myeongdong. When she went in, the sizzle of the meat met her ears, quickly after the smell of the delicious meat.

She slowly savoured the taste of the bulgogi after ordering two sets of the meat. Of course, Jihye finished both sets with her huge stomach capacity.

Jihye went walking around Myeongdong, looking at the bright stores that lit up the whole area.

As she walked, she heard some strange noises, which was a mixture of painful grunts and loud crashes.

The sounds came from a dark alley that people normally wouldn’t go to.

Jihye went to the origin of the sounds and found a group of boys beating up a tall, skinny boy with tanned skin.

She was about to yell when suddenly, the beaten up boy started to glow. Really, really brightly.

The color of the light, no, aura, was stranger than anything Jihye has ever seen.

The aura was glowing with a blend of silver and some gold.

Jihye thought she was dreaming, then fainted a second later.

===========================================

 

 

Sorry for not updating sooner!

I was really busy with school and streaming Infinite's MV. The chapter is really short, but I am trying to increase the pace of the story because it feels really slow.

Do you guys get the pun where Jihye was talking to Sungyu? I got inspiration from Infinite's Sesame Player. The part where Sunggyu had to talk to strangers on the subway when Infinite ran away.

I have a one-shot idea in mind but I don't know who the characters should be.

Thanks for reading! Please subscribe and comment more!

From, Author-nim