Chapter 2

Platinum

N’s POV

 

Hanyoung Foreign High School, Seoul, South Korea. KST 12:00 PM

 

DING DONG DING DONG DONG DANG DING DONG

Hakyeon stretched his sore body as the bell rang, signaling lunchtime. His brain had been functioning for 4 hours of Math and English, and the pain in his head had been killing him.

Usually, Hakyeon would eat in the cafeteria with Ravi and his other ‘friends’, but he needed some fresh air. Hakyeon went to a garden next to the school building and rested on the bench under the shades of the trees.

He didn’t even bother to eat lunch.

His pain caused by his head started to decrease as he rested.

Hakyeon sighed in comfort as he squinted at the bright light cast by the big ball of hydrogen in the center of the solar system.

He thought about how his life had been. His life, he discovered, was a bland and monotonous one. With his chronic headaches, he never had a lot of time to do the things he wanted to do. When he doesn’t have a headache, the two things he does is either studying or dancing. The sudden realization hit him hard. He had never considered liking a girl or having fun with his only friend Ravi.

“Got money, psycho?”

Hakyeon turned and sat up. A burly body hovered over him. The piercing eyes of the owner of the body and his friends made Hakyeon want to hide in a rabbit hole.

It was the kingka Siwon and his gang Super Junior.

‘Damn,’ thought Hakyeon, ‘why am I so unlucky today?’

“Here,” said Hakyeon as he gingerly gave Siwon 10,000 won.

“That’s it?” laughed Siwon. “Isn’t your dad a rich dude? Give me more.”

“I don’t have any more money.”

“Bullsh*t, give me more before I beat you up. I give you 5 seconds.”

Hakyeon thought of an escape plan.

“5.”

Hakyeon panicked.

“4.”

‘Should I climb up the tree?’ thought Hakyeon.

“3.”

“2.”

“1.”

Hakyeon jumped to reach a thick branch of the tree above. He sat on the thick branch, looked at the scary expressions of the Super Junior members. The kingkas went to the stump of the tree and shook the tree, making the tree an earthquake war zone.

Hakyeon jumped off the tree and ran with all his might towards the main building as the kingkas on hot pursue.

Unfortunately, Eunhyuk and Donghae, the best pairing of Super Junior, caught him.

“Nerd, you think you can beat the members of the track team? I thought you were one of the smarter ones,” snickered Eunhyuk.

Hakyeon’s head started to spin.

“Hey! Where’s the money?” said Donghae.

The voices and view became distorted.

Siwon came and threw a punch at Hakyeon’s head. A small stream of blood appeared across him cheek.

Hakyeon felt hot, like something in the pit of his stomach churning.

He felt Siwon releasing the grip on him. “What the ?” screamed Siwon.

Then he out.

 

Jihye's POV

 

Island M Airport, Island M. EDT 11:00 PM

 

A million of those horrible thoughts ran through her head.

She felt as if her whole world was going to fall apart.

Jihye would have gone crazy if she was a normal person.

But she wasn’t.

Being the best out of the gifted wasn’t easy. People had high expectations for her all the time. Failure wasn’t an answer that was allowed.

Usually, she would do her missions without much thought. Jihye the magnificent was nervous? What a joke?

But this time, it was different, very different.

Her dear unnie disappeared.

And she was on the plane to Seoul, which was the place where her unnie disappeared.

Seoul, the place where the most unexpected event will happen.

Something that hadn’t happen for 500 years.

 

===========================================

 

Happy Chuseok!

I am on a break now. After all those annoying lab reports I have to write, I finally have time to write! It’s short, but I hope you could understand because I am a very busy student with 4 honors courses (why did I even take so many?).

I know that this is in 3rd person, but it is still technically in N’s and Jihye's POV since it is his/her thoughts and stuff. I hope you understand because this is my usually writing style. I apologize if you are confused.

I did do a little bit of research on Hanyoung High School, but most of the stuff inside the story is not really.

Thanks for reading and please subscribe and comment!

PS Who is excited for Infinite’s comeback in like, a million years?