See Ya, Cheater!

Let's Not Put a Label on It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey guys,” Lisa greeted as she sat down at their usual table.

“Where were you?” Jisoo asked stabbing a plastic fork into her salad.

“My bio teacher held me back.”

“Why?”

“What do you guys know about Jennie?” Lisa asked ignoring Jisoo’s question. She unwrapped the cling off the tuna sandwich her mom had packed her for lunch while Jisoo answered.   

“You should ask Rosie. She’s friends with her now apparently.”

“Friends with who?” Rosie piped in looking away from her phone and finally paying attention to the conversation upon hearing her name.   

“Jennie, that girl that came here last month.” Jisoo told her.

“Oh, she’s cool,” Rosie shrugged. “Came here from New Zealand.”

“That explains the accent,” Lisa said quietly mostly to herself. She took out a napkin and laid it on the table to place her sandwich on. “Why’d she move all the way to Texas though?”

“Why are you so interested in her all of a sudden?” Rosie queried.

“Cause the reason my science teacher held me back was because I cheated on the unit test. Except I didn’t. She did, but she lied about it. So we both went down for it and now I’m stuck doing a project with her!” Lisa ranted and angrily took a bite of her sandwich. She continued her voice now muffled because of the food. “It’s senior year, I need my grades up! She’s ruining it for me!”

“Damn Lisa, tough morning.” Jisoo sympathized reaching out for Lisa’s hand across the table and caressing it with her thumb.

 “Only she’s shameless enough to do that,” Rosie commented.

“Only who’s shameless enough to do what?” Jennie asked appearing out of nowhere behind Rosie startling the girl enough to jump a little off her seat.

“Only you are shameless enough to cheat on a test and blame my friend,” Rosie replied in a scolding tone gesturing to Lisa as she spoke.

“Oh you’re friends with the nerd,” Jennie remarked taking a seat in the middle of Jisoo and Rosie; right in front of Lisa. 

“Aw you guys are already on nickname basis,” Rosie jokingly cooed.

“Of course. She loves me,” Jennie grinned.

“In your dreams,” Lisa said rolling her eyes.

“Oooh food!” Jennie suddenly exclaimed sliding the napkin with the sandwich on it closer to her and taking a generous bite.

Jisoo and Lisa both stared at her in surprise. Rosie didn’t bat an eye and occupied herself with her phone again.

“Hey! That’s my only lunch, I haven’t eaten all day!” Lisa whined loudly.

Jennie looked at her and stopped chewing. She then put the sandwich back on the napkin and proceeded to spit the bite she took right next to it.

“You can have it back. Not a fan of tuna anyway,” Jennie told her sliding the napkin back to Lisa where it was originally laying.

Lisa was at a loss of words. All she could respond with was a scrunched up face expressing how grossed out she was.

“Jennie come check this out!” a boy called in the midst of the awkward moment. He had curly blonde hair that covered half his forehead. He was standing on a bench, his eyes wide and mouth opened with joy. He frantically waved, his left hand urging Jennie to come over while his right pointed at the object of attention.

Lisa knew the boy all too well and did not hesitate to roll her eyes. Only he and his little gang of boys would be crazy enough to befriend Jennie – excluding Rosie that is.

“Looks like I gotta go, my fans are calling.” Jennie said with a sickeningly sweet voice, smiling like she hadn’t just done that.

“That’s disgusting,” Jisoo spoke referring to the sandwich fiasco as soon as Jennie had got up and left.

“I’d still eat it,” Rosie quipped earning a nudge on the shoulder from Jisoo. Rosie muttered a small ‘ow’ in return and rubbed her shoulder as if the action had actually hurt.

“You can have it then,” Lisa deadpanned. “I’ve lost my appetite.”

“I’ll throw it out for you,” Jisoo offered in hopes that the good deed would make Lisa’s day even the smallest bit better.

“Thanks.” Lisa replied grateful she didn’t have to touch the contaminated napkin or sandwich.

Her mind went back to the boy calling Jennie over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter