Danger #7

Stranger Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TIP #7: “Aimer, ce n’est pas se regarder l’un l’autre, c’est regarder ensemble dans la même direction”
(Love does not consist of looking at the same direction, but rather in together, looking at the same direction)

 

As the saying goes, the more you try avoid someone, the more they will appear in your life. Try as you might, even if the vast ocean dried up, or if marigolds withered during summer or when the sky gets painted pink during dusk, if your fates cross perpendicularly, you will meet again. You can’t stop it.

Destiny likes to make a mayhem out of two unsuspecting victims. Doesn’t matter if they’re friends, siblings, lovers or relatives. It simply enjoys making a stock out of all us fools. We’re no parallel lines; all bound by a thin, fine thread, hardly visible. Hate is hate, love is love, so why does it want to interfere with our preferences?

Maybe it’s the joy, the glory, of gloating out of their misery. You either call a luck in, or luck out— there’s no in between.

Questions are inevitable, but no one knows the reason why. Some have tried finding it, but gave up. Some knows for sure, but refused to believe.

Our stage has basically been planned out like a blueprint, so seamless that all we can do is accept it. From birth to death. Like marionettes living on strings.

If you’re happy with bliss, you’re contented. But it’s another story you can’t avoid what you want to the most.

That’s sadder.

Because you have no control over fate. Your own fate.

It will always work in a strange manner.

That’s what happened to Bae In Hya 2 weeks later.

The first thing she sees when she enters the pub is Byun Baekhyun. This sinful vicinity with devils lurking.

He is one of them.

He probably hasn’t noticed her arrival, too busy paying attention to the woman in halter neck tube. In Hya regrips her clutch before walking towards the bar, zooming past his table, not interested in sparing a glance in his making-out session.

Like he was invisible.

“Jerk.” She mutters under her breath, drowned in blasting techno music.

In Hya makes her way into the locker room and hurls her bag inside one of the cupboards while sighing.

Back to reality. The break was nice while it lasted.

She closes the door shut only to find Baekhyun leaning sideways next to her locker, crossing his arms.

She jumps back startled before regaining her momentum.

“You’re not supposed to be here. This is the personnels’ room. Get out.”

Baekhyun peels away from the cold locker surface, “Why did you ignore me just now?”

“The last time I check, I wasn’t the one who was so eager not to cross paths again.” She croaks mockingly.

In Hya pulls out the rubber band from her wrist and mutters, “Get out this instance. I have to change.”

“Do it here then.” Baekhyun invites sleazily which immobilizes her movement, “I’m waiting.”

Typical playboy.

In Hya doesn’t waver at his flirty tricks and rolls her eyes. Instead, she plays along to his game. Two can do this.

“Gladly.” She leads on gallantly, obviously irritated, placing the band on the tip of her lips and nibbles on it while her fingers dig her hair into a ponytail.

She’s tired of incurring his hot and cold air. Today is her first day of work since she injured her foot and just when she thought she could get it done peacefully, there’s always a storm she needs to cross first.

It happened in a blink that she didn’t even have time to react. Baekhyun had shoved her into the locker harshly, causing her to cry out in pain as her head slams against the chilly metal. Her hands let loose of the ponytail, causing her hair to slip out and flow back freely onto her shoulder.

Baekhyun breathes in the lingering scent of her tangerine shampoo and perfume mist.

Plus a faint hint of antiseptic cream.

Cringing, she blinks up to his glowy face towering over her small body.

“Don’t test me like that.” He barks with madness burning his eyes right into the windows of her soul. His fingers clench into her shoulders, making her whimper in a very unfavourable position. Not to mention, awkward.

She ducks under his left arm, only to be trapped again under his dominating gaze. Out of context, this situation would have seemed hopelessly romantic and sweet but all In Hya could think about that moment was his grip on her shivering body.

“Let. Me. Go.”

Baekhyun inhales, “Look, I just wanted to ask—“

“I said let me ing go!” She screams hysterically.

In Hya claws her nails and rips his arms away from her when his grasp weakens. Baekhyun staggers back by her sudden surge of power. She seems like an entirely differently person standing right before him.

She had always been calm and collected tolerating his nonsense but today, her fuse snapped.

She freaked out.

In Hya frantically feels around her neck before scratching her elbow. She shoots a fiery glare towards Baekhyun.

Tables have turned.

“Never ever, ever touch me like that again. Not after those hands have tainted many other women. I’m not one of your casual playthings!” Her cheeks burn in fury and she turns away to face her locker.

Baekhyun’s eyes enlarge in horror when she suddenly starts to her blouse, “W-Woah what are y—“

He finally releases his breath in relief when he sees that she’s wearing the outfit underneath her clothing. No wonder she could joke around like that earlier. And here he is actually being nervous for no damn reason thinking that she was really going to strip.

In Hya throws in her home blouse into the compartment and slams the locker door shut till it rattles.

Baekhyun doesn’t fool around anymore after realizing how serious this has escalated to. He stares at the back of her head, thoughtfully noticing that she has subtle violet highlight streaks blending within her chestnut hair but when she turns around, he darts to look elsewhere.

In Hya catches onto his slow reflex red-handed. She bumps shoulders with the now quiet man, “Do me a favour, just please pretend you don’t know me. I’ll appreciate that.” She huffs off.

“Close the door behind you.”

 

* *

 

“What a foul temper.”

Baekhyun rotates his wrists as he exits locker room.

“Gah she didn’t have to use that much force.” He hisses with a forlorn frown.

He sees In Hya serving the male customers and her personality has changed a lot brighter as compared to just now. Chirpier as before, like how spring embrace blooms. Her smile is so sunny that it is practically winning over all those lechers itching to get a piece of her.

Sheesh, I was just going to ask if her foot has healed, what was she so mad about?

Baekhyun sneers. She didn’t bother to even hear him out; he should’ve never wasted his time to ask her. But then he sees that she’s wearing sneakers instead of heels, confirming his predictions.

Images of her smiling face and frightened look are juxtaposed behind his mind. He had caused that drastic change.

He admits maybe he got carried away in the moment. It may have been too aggressive. He should’ve been a little more easier on her.. she did save his life afterall.

“What took you so long? Where did you go?”

The woman in halter tube dress questions him. Her hair is mahogany and concave to complement her flattering collarbones, eyes lined with thick, voluminous black liquid to bedazzle her handsome catch.

“Oh.” Baekhyun finally resumes attention to his date of the night, “Washroom, sorry.” He says absent-mindedly.

Hyejeong digs her expensive flamboyant earthy manicure into his firm biceps and coos, “Oppa~”

Baekhyun smiles into her face, “Why? what’s wrong?”

She draws circles into his ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter