She's Not Special Anymore?

With An Exclamation Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The trio looked at each other awkwardly. Neither Chanmi nor Seolhyun knew how much time Hyejeong had been standing there for, but for sure she had heard Seolhyun’s statement on how much she hated Hyejeong and Mina. 
Change glanced up at Seolhyun for a few seconds before passing the ball to her. “I… I better get going.” she said before hurriedly tiptoeing to the exit and avoiding meeting Hyejeong’s glare. 

Seolhyun intercepted and caught the ball and ran towards the other side of the court. 
“What are you doing, stalking me?” she cried out as soon as Chanmi left. 
“Yeah I am, and it's annoying when the person you are stalking doesn't update their status regularly.” Hyejeong smirked and took a seat on the third row. “Now jokes aside. I came to ask the same thing.” 
Seolhyun maintained a blank expression on her face. She shot the ball inside the hoop, and it went in without much effort. 
“Why don’t you smile more?” Hyejeong asked after what seemed like forever. 
“I do. Just not when you’re around.” 
Hyejeong raised a sardonic brow at the reply. Seolhyun was at least a bit friendlier towards her after the fire incident, but now she was being rude again. And Hyejeong couldn’t entirely get the reason. 
“What’s wrong with you?” she asked, not in a caring way but rather scornfully. 
“Do you want a list?” Seolhyun laughed with sarcasm as she released the ball and scored a point. 
Hyejeong didn’t reply and watched her play. She’s good at sports, she observed, but her mind was busy contemplating what exactly made Seolhyun act coldly towards her again. 
“Mina messaged me saying you were looking for me,” she said at last, expecting an answer from Seolhyun, who only leaned against the screen of the court and said nothing. 
“I guess I know what makes you look for me.” Hyejeong spoke again, but Seolhyun still remained silent. The older girl sighed and leaned back against her seat. “Rumours… I found out so much about myself I didn’t even know.” she chuckled, but Seolhyun still ignored her. 
“Anyways, let me know when you’re available so I can make sure I’m busy.” Hyejeong taunted. 
Seolhyun silently listened to Hyejeong’s mockery for a few more minutes and was slowly getting annoyed by Hyejeong’s vitriolic remarks. She was about to drop the ball and go for a towel when she heard the other girl sneer about something that she hadn’t seen coming. 
“Ahh, I’m sorry Harbin’s relationship with the psycho that everyone warned him about didn’t work.” ... 
That was the limit. Seolhyun turned at Hyejeong in fury and threw the ball towards Hyejeong. The ball flew across the court and landed straight to Hyejeong's nose with a great force. 
Hyejeong let out a yelp, quickly stood up and brought her hand to her nose. The violent red stained her shaky hands and she took a step backwards. When Seolhyun saw the blood flowing thickly over Hyejeong's fingers, she knew she had triggered a nosebleed, and a sickness crawled within her. At that instant, her brain shut down. She was clammy and there was the glisten of a cold sweat - either or playing or from the avalanche of emotions, she wasn't sure. She felt the panic begin like a cluster of spark plugs in her abdomen. Tension grew in her face and limbs, her mind trying to percept what she had done. 
Everything got even worse when she suddenly remembered that it was too late to go to the nurse's now, and they had to take care of it all by themselves. But luckily, she had taken first aid training courses and she knew how to treat someone in case he received any minor nasal injury. She quickly approached Hyejeong but the latter pushed her away fiercely. 
“Don't dare to touch me you b!tch!” fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in Hyejeong’s narrowed eyes as she pushed Seolhyun's hand away a few more times. Seolhyun ignored her protests and took her hand, leading her outwards. 
“I’m not coming—“ 
“Shut up and follow me!” Seolhyun ordered. As they walked, Hyejeong slowly emerged from the anger she possessed, though that doesn't mean she felt calmer. She still couldn't believe Seolhyun actually did that. When they stopped in front of Seolhyun's room, Hyejeong took her hand away. 
“I don't need your help.”
“You can’t go to the nurse’s now. And you certainly can’t go back to your room in this condition.” 
“So what?” Hyejeong rolled her eyes. 
“I know how to take care of it—“ 
“Do you expect me to trust you after THIS?” Hyejeong chided as she pointed at her face. 
“I don’t expect you to. You have no other option.” Seolhyun replied and made a ‘silence’ motion as she opened the door to her room and stepped aside, letting Hyejeong in. Much to her surprise, Hyejeong didn’t protest anymore and stepped in, still fuming. 
Seolhyun quickly took out the first aid kit that she always kept in her container and ran for other stuff that she needed. She sat next to Hyejeong on her bed and first applied a cold pack immediately to prevent or minimize swelling. 
“You a freaking nurse now?” Hyejeong ballyragged. 
“Will you shut up?” Seolhyun replied and swallowed. She felt burdened with guilt. She knew she’d done something pretty awful, and she couldn’t come up with something to justify it. It was a flash of anger that provoked her to do what she did. She thought about the times Hyejeong took care of her and even saved her life, as she applied the cold pack and gently removed the blood, the guilt fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter