Still

With An Exclamation Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re late, dope.” Hyejeong scoffed. Seolhyun had asked her to wait for her in their previous room — the one that they shared, but she was late for nearly 20 minutes. That is, because Chanmi decided to call her in the very last moment, insisting that it was ‘very urgent’. The deal was about Hanbin. 
The truth about him was that there was one more person (other than Chanmi) who knew about SeolJeong’s relationship, and that was Hanbin, who happened to be Hyejeong’s childhood friend. Back when he met Seolhyun, he fell in love with her but couldn’t do anything because she was with Hyejeong. Later, when they broke up, and when Seolhyun totally forgot about nearly everyone she had met throughout that period, he made his move, and he succeeded. Seolhyun was his now, but after a brief period, she left him because she was uninterested. Rumours about him being with Hyejeong started when he attempted to restore his damaged friendship with her. After all, she was angry at him and felt betrayed when he started dating Seolhyun and when he declared that he loved her ever since he saw her. He was in Chanmi's room last night because he wanted to know if she had revealed the truth to Seolhyun. 

“I don’t have much time to waste so let’s get straight to the business, — Seolhyun said, closing the door, — I heard you talk to Hanbin yesterday.” 
Hyejeong groaned in frustration and shook her head. “Look, if you called me to ask about the rumours, then let me clarify something — they are not true. I’ve never been into Hanbin.” she frowned. “And he’s still in love with you anyway.” Her voice almost faded away as she said the final bit. 
Seolhyun took a breath. She couldn’t care less about Hanbin. All she cared about right now was Hyejeong, and her part of the story. 
“What about you?” she asked without warning. 
“What?” Hyejeong blinked and tried to ignore the sudden feeling of nervousness in the pit of her stomach. 
“I said, what about you?” Seolhyun repeated. 
Hyejeong raised an eyebrow in response. “What about me?”
“Are you still in love with me?” the younger girl demanded, again without a warning or precaution. 
Hyejeong shifted on her feet as the nerves filled her as she didn’t know what to say. She had never expected this situation at all. She sweatdropped and took a shaky step back before placing her hand across her forehead as if she had a headache. The look on her face was only one of shock. “I…” she shook her head and swallowed. It was hard for her to say something aloud. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” she said in a shaky voice as her deep brown eyes looked downwards. It was the best show of defiance that she could muster.
Seolhyun scoffed. She knew that was a lie. Her arm shot out without permission — she wrapped it around the deep-set waist of the taller girl, yanking her in and mouth pressing firmly to Hyejeong’s without a second thought. Right then and there, she kissed her passionately, tenderly, yearningly. 
It was hard, fast, warm, making its way from Hyejeong’s insides out until she seemed to realise what was happening. It took a while for her to either understand or accept the situation, but her eyes soon fluttered closed as she just allowed herself to feel. Her inspiration, her love, her whole world for the past years was actually kissing her again. The fact made her lightheaded, on the verge of fainting, and she was all too eager to respond to Seolhyun’s move. 
It lasted no more than a few seconds — Hyejeong’s fingers digging into the younger girl’s jacket were trembling as Seolhyun pulled away. 
“Does this remind you of what I’m talking about?” the words burst from Seolhyun’s mouth, her arm still possessively wrapped around Hyejeong. Getting no reply, she leaned closer again, but the taller girl jerked away quickly. It was different when Hyejeong didn’t expect that move and accepted it graciously, but now, the very idea of a kiss sent her mind into a frantic overdrive where she could only imagine how wrong it was. 
“What are you trying to do?!” she took a staggering stop back. 
Seolhyun sighed to try and control her own breathing and heart rate. “Just reminding you what we used to have before that stupid incident.” 
“You remember?” Hyejeong whispered in awe. She stood there with her eyes open wide along with her jaw dropped as the reality hit her that she knew for a fact why Seolhyun was always with Chanmi. “No… Chanmi… told you?” 
Seolhyun nodded. Hyejeong felt her knees weaken and she almost fell before catching herself on the doorknob. Seolhyun jumped forward to grab her and help stabilize her. Hyejeong tried to wrench herself away. She didn’t want Seolhyun’s help. She didn’t deserve her help. Seolhyun’s grip was too strong and she supported Hyejeong as they moved to sit on the bed. 
“Look, although I know the story, I want to hear it from you.” she demanded firmly. 
The pain in Hyejeong’s heart exploded. She always avoided thinking about Seolhyun finding out everything. She closed her eyes for a few moments and opened them again as she resigned herself to this conversation happening. It was unbelievable. 

She started off lowly and quietly, talking about how they met and how she realised her feelings. 
“There’s nothing to tell. I just hid my true self from my parents. I pretended to be like everyone else. I was the daughter they wanted. I was until you. Everything changed when I met you. I fell for you, but I didn’t know what to do. I was too afraid to show my feelings,” she said, and then she smiled for the first time since she started talking. It was a genuine but still forlorn smile as she thought back. “You told me your feelings first. God, even then I could barely tell you.” 
For the first time since they “met”, Seolhyun saw Hyejeong almost seem sincerely happy. Thinking about the beginnings of her first love fleetingly made her forget about anything else. When Hyejeong started to talk again, her voice was soft and wistful. “Those were the best months of my life. You made me happy. I could be open with you. I was myself. And I loved you so much.” Slowly the happy glow faded. “And you loved me back.” When she said that, her voice was so soft that Seolhyun could barely hear her. Then s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter