Insatiable Roommates

With An Exclamation Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun was currently the lead lady of her college. She had long shiny black hair and intense dark eyes to match, her body was tanned, and she kept herself in marvellous shape, so she was beautiful to look at particularly every time she did something. 
Though, she still had many rivals with who to contend. The most 'dangerous' of all, though, was doubtlessly Shin Hyejeong. 
Hyejeong was obviously good looking, with adorable hazelnut hair and very fine features. Like the other studs, she had been pulling a lot of snatch, not only from boys but from girls also. She was pretty tall, taller than Seolhyun, and she was raising her hackles within her rivals. 

These two had been at war since the beginning of college. They would often cut each other off in the hall when walking by and start teasing one another in front of their group of friends. 
“If I wasn't afraid of going to jail, I'd put you in the hospital.” Hyejeong often liked to admit. Or, on Hyejeong's birthday, Seolhyun would leave small ‘rude’ notes, one of which read, "Unhappy birthday! You're just a year older, flabbier and wrinklier. No one cares!" 
In this manner they battled, back and forth, for months, becoming ever more creative and ever more irritated with one another. 

. . . Beginning of a new year . . . 

“WHAT?!” Hyejeong let out an ear-piercing scream as soon as she saw her name on her new room. A fresh new college year was approaching, and everyone eagerly travelled around the dormitory searching for their rooms. New rooms, new roommates, new studies. Hyejeong’s new roommate, though, was none other than… Kim Seolhyun. She quickly ran over to Park Choa, who was called the ‘Tower Girl’ because she was the dorm supervisor and was responsible for overseeing the college's dormitory and ensuring the dorm is clean, orderly and problem-free.  
“Are you kidding me?” Hyejeong squealed, as soon as she saw Choa. “Thousands of students living here and I get to share a room with that freak?” 
“I’m not eager to spend my year in a room together with this creepy creature, as well.” Seolhyun added, pointing at the clearly enraged Hyejeong. 
“Look, girls, it’s really not my fault. I’m not responsible for the distribution, so if you aren’t satisfied with staying with each other, go to the dormitory administration.” Choa explained calmly. Though, speaking to the dormitory administration didn’t help. They were told that they could change their rooms only until a week or so. 

Seolhyun slowly made her way to her room, which she now had to share with Hyejeong. She knew she wouldn’t bear it long. A week or so and her patience would reach its limit. She had to change her room with someone else, as quick as possible. She finally opened the door and stepped into the room. 

Wow… it’s big enough. 

Their dormitory had been repaired over summer and had now become more comfy, beautiful and fresh. And the room didn’t look like any other dormitory room, it was full of warmth and contained two beds, neatly made, two straight-backed chairs, two desks in opposite corners, littered with pieces of paper and pens, with a window opposite to it. There was also a big shelf pushed against the wall, waiting to be filled with clothes. There was one negative thing about this room, though; the roommate. While Seolhyun was trying to think over who to secretly change rooms with, Choa stepped into the room.

“Hey, Seolhyun,” the blonde greeted with a warm smile. “I think I have to inform you beforehand. This bed is broken, it’s soon gonna be fixed but you guys better not use it today.” 
Seolhyun’s jaw dropped open. If one of the beds wasn’t to be used, that meant… 
“I’m NEVER sharing a bed with that dork!” the door opened and Hyejeong stepped inside, growling. Choa knew it wasn’t a pleasant occasion to speak to Hyejeong who was enraged now, or to stay with Seolhyun who didn’t seem very satisfied, as well. 
“Not my fault, again! Have fun!” she said as she quickly tip-toed back and left the room with a wave. The two were now left alone; they looked at each other with such disgust and hatred that both had to look away for a few seconds, pretending to check the room. 
“Listen, Kim Seolhyun,” Hyejeong cleared . “I’ll be short. I don’t want a room with you. I spoke to Youkyung and kindly asked her to stay here with me. You can go away to stay with Chanmi, instead.” 
Astounded, Seolhyun's brow furrowed, as her nonchalant look was replaced with a look of uneasiness and irritation. Normally she would accept that offer, but Hyejeong's boldness, sauciness, impudence was driving her insane. She was basically expelling her from her own room! Seolhyun decided to protect her right to stay in the room. 
“No.” came the short, clear reply. 
“What?” Hyejeong blinked. 
“I said ‘no’. What part of ‘no’ do you not understand?” Seolhyun shrugged. 
Hyejeong was about to let her guard down but she smirked and let out a sarcastic chuckle. “Why the sudden interest in me?” 
“Interest? Funny. Cut out that egocentric drama and get over yourself.” 
“Why you wanna stay here then?” 
“Because if I was meant to be controlled I’d come with a remote. You can’t just easily tell me what to do and where to go.” 
“Oh so you find it offensive. Like you always d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter