Fire

With An Exclamation Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun immediately let go of Hyejeong and the two broke apart for as far as they could. When the figure came forward and the light shined upon its face… Hyejeong let out an irritated sigh. 
“Do you ALWAYS have to appear in the most embarrassing moments?” she growled. The blonde-haired girl in front of her let out a startled gasp. 
“You.. two.. again..” Choa stuttered. Every day she would see them in those extremely equivocal situations: either Seolhyun nearly lying on top of Hyejeong, or both of them gasping as if they just had a wild and long making-out session… and now this, she came in to see Seolhyun making herself comfortable in Hyejeong’s embrace. Choa couldn’t ignore her suspicions about these two anymore. 
“No, really, I can explain,” Seolhyun started but Hyejeong cut her off.
“The thing is, this ert still wants to me—“ 
“Why am I always the ert and you the victim?”
“Because that’s the truth.” 
“No it’s not! You were watching me shower and then I’m the ert?” 
“Stop!” Choa silenced them again, “Why are the two of you here at this hour when you are supposed to be in your room, sleeping? I wasn’t hearing any shouts, insults or howls from your room tonight and I grew suspicious. I searched for you nearly everywhere and when I heard a bang here I knew someone was inside. I must admit, Hyejeong, for a moment I thought you had killed Seolhyun and were now hiding her body.” 
The trio awkwardly look at each other. 
“Well, that could have been a possible option, actually,” Hyejeong smiled. “But I’m not dealing with any of this anymore. Good night, Choa unnie.” she said and quickly left the room. She couldn’t help but wonder if Choa really suspected them, but she believed Seolhyun would handle the situation and explain all the misunderstandings. 

Some time passed. Nothing had changed; Hyejeong hadn’t told anyone about the shower scene and Seolhyun kept the wine event hidden. And since they had each moved to other rooms, (Seolhyun’s room was located on the far left corner of the third floor while Hyejeong’s was in the far right of the fourth), they didn’t meet that often. And when they did, they’d just accompany each other with harsh but humorous comments, just to tease and offend each other. 

One afternoon, though, Seolhyun was having a bad day. The lessons had just ended and she was sleepless, hungry, moody and even gloomy. She had no will to deal with anything right now, so she just ran downstairs to the canteen alone, bought a sandwich and occupied a seat. It didn’t take 3 full minutes for Hyejeong to take the opposite seat and take hold of Seolhyun’s table. 
“Hey dork. Your face looks so , tucked, sliced, diced, filled, and puffed that it could burst like a balloon at any given moment.” she ironised. 
“Go away, seriously.” Seolhyun responded, annoyedly. 
“And… you’ve been acting like yesterday’s coffee. A little weak in the bean, ha. So who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning, thundercloud?” Hyejeong laughed. 
“Thundercloud, exactly. It reminds me of you, you know? I mean, you’re like a cloud — when you disappear, there is a brighter day. So go have a nice day, somewhere else.” 
“Okaaay, thanks for reminding me how sick and rude you are. I had almost forgotten.” Hyejeong smirked. “I was just caring, you know.” 
“Oh really,” Seolhyun sighed with a sympathetic smile, “Then I’m returning your nose. I found it in my business.” She finished her sandw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter