Dating Rumours

With An Exclamation Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed and Seolhyun didn’t dare to speak to Hyejeong yet. After all, what was she supposed to say? “Hey Hyejeong, tell me what happened between us”? And how would she explain how exactly she revealed everything without telling Hyejeong that she had rummaged through her stuff in her locker? Things were too complicated. 

“You can tell her that I told you everything.” Chanmi suggested as they met again in a secluded place in the backyard. They couldn’t meet anywhere in public places because there was a higher risk that Hyejeong would see them talking and realise something was going on. 
Seolhyun’s eyes widened in surprise. “Are you serious?” she uttered. 
“Yeah. She will kill me, but… at least this whole game will come to an end.” 
“I just don’t want to put you in a difficult situation.” Seolhyun looked away. 
“Don’t worry. Hyejeong and I had been friends for a long time… I’m sure she will understand.” 
The two went silent for some time, neither knowing what to say. “What if, — Seolhyun drew a deep breath and looked at Chanmi, — I tell her about the note?” 
Chanmi paled and froze. She wrote that note to Hyejeong only to have a chance to say that Seolhyun is a hateful person later. Especially in case if Seolhyun would deny writing the note to Hyejeong, she would be treated as a liar. Chanmi planned it all because she was angry and offended by how Seolhyun was treating her after her break-up with Hyejeong, but there was no denying that Chanmi greatly regretted her actions later. She could have lied and told Seolhyun wrote the letter whereas she chose to be honest and tell the whole truth. But she couldn’t imagine Hyejeong’s reaction if she found out that Chanmi was the one who wrote the letter, and not Seolhyun. 
“Chanmi?” the mention of her name brought her head up. 
“I…” her voice trailed off. 
“Don’t worry, — Seolhyun gave her shoulder a supportive squeeze and smiled, — You helped me a lot nowadays, and… I guess the note issue will be our little secret.” 
Chanmi felt her face warm with a blush and she let a huge smile cover her face. “Thanks, Seol.” 

In the evening, Seolhyun went to knock on Hyejeong’s door. No matter how many times she had practiced her words before, her stomach shifted uneasily and she noticed that her hands clasped and unclasped each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance. She released her hands and knocked on the door. After what seemed like forever, the door was finally opened by an emotionless Mina, who stared blankly at Seolhyun. 
“Kim Seolhyun.” she said instead of a greeting and frowned. 
“Is Hyejeong inside?”
“Why would you need her?” Mina stared at her in disbelief.
“I have something to talk to her about. It’s urgent.” 
“She’s not inside. And if you came to talk about the rumours — if it doesn’t involve you, it shouldn’t concern you.“ 
“I couldn’t care less about the rumours.” Seolhyun almost cut her off and frowned fiercely. Lately, there were rumours going on that Hyejeong was dating Seolhyun’s ex-boyfriend, Kim Hanbin. Seolhyun herself had seen Hyejeong hanging out with Hanbin on several occasions and couldn’t make a sense of what was going on. 
She said nothing more to Mina and silently left. It was late already and time of rest was approaching. Seolhyun chose to go relieve her stress by playing basketb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter