Chapter 2: Body In A Box

Dead Body

Minho’s POV

8 months later….

Kwon Yuri

Her name flashed on my phone. Great. It’s still 5 in the morning.

“You better say something nice or the next time you call me I’ll put you on the voice note.” I said half asleep.

“I’m at your basement’s parking lot right now. You better get ready in 5 minutes because I just got a phone call that we’ve got some cases to be solved right now. And I bought breakfast for you and your son on my way here so no need to cook breakfast first. Just have your breakfast on our way there. ” Yuri said to me.

“Wait. It’s okay for my son to come with us right? Just until Taemin’s house so I can drop him there.” I said to Yuri.

“Sure. Hurry up..” Yuri said then hung up.

“Yoogeun, hurry up. Take a bath and get dressed. We’re leaving in 10 minutes.” I said while preparing Yoogeun’s uniform and mine.

“But it’s still 5 in the morning.” He said.

“I know. I got a phone call from my partner that I got a case. So, hurry up.” I said.

 

“Hi Minho Oppa, good morning.” She said while bowing to me.

“Yeah good morning. Oh this is my son, His name is Choi Yoogeun.” I said introducing Yoogeun to her.

“Hey Yoogeun. I’m Yuri. Just call me Aunty Yuri. You are cute by the way.” She said smiling to Yoogeun.

“Hi, Aunty Yuri. Just call me Yoogeun. You are beautiful, Aunty. You know what? I think you are the most beautiful partner that my father has introduced me to.” Yoogeun said while scanning her from head to toe.

“Emmm… Okay Yoogeun, thank you. Just for you know, it’s not polite to scan someone from head to toe on your first meeting. But because you are cute and I like you, I’ll let it slide this time.” She said while patting his hair.

“Arasso, Aunty. Oh, can I get your number? Maybe we can hang out sometimes without my father. I’ll tell you all that I know about my father.” He said giving his phone to Yuri.

“Oh sure.” Yuri said while taking Yoogeun’s phone.

“Emm, Yoogeun.. I gave you a phone not for that purpose.” I whispered to him.

“Come on, Dad. I mean this woman can be a perfect mom for me, and a perfect wife for you. Beside he likes me first. Most of the girls that we met, fell in love with you first right? So, maybe she can accept me to be her child, well, although stepchild.” He whispered back to me while looking at Yuri.

“Let’s talk about this later okay. After I finished my work.  And don’t use Taehyung as your reason for not having this talk again.” I whispered to him.

“Alright. I have homeworks to do so I can’t go home late tonight.” He whispered again while smiling to Yuri.

“Okay. So where is it?” I asked to her while she is driving.

“The victim is found under the Blennerhassett Island Bridge in West ia.” She answered while driving.

“What?! But It’s a 4 hours trip.” I said surprised.

“Em yes. That’s why I picked you up at this hour because we need to arrive there before 10 o’clock because I know that you hate to work under the sunshine. And I need you to identify the body so that we can catch the murderer as soon as possible.” She said while still driving.

“How can you said murderer? How did you know that it’s a homicide? I haven’t even identified the body.” I asked to her.

“Well, a body in a box? I’m not sure that you’ll think that it’s a suicide. Did you think the body willingly enter that box itself and died just like that?” She said.

“Well, I agree with that. But next time, let’s just not just jump into conclussions like that. And we should pick Taemin up.” I said to her. “And Yoogeun, be nice to Taehyung, okay?” I said to Yoogeun.

“Ofcourse. I like Soeun, Jinhee, Goeun, Haneul, and Taehyung. They’re like my own brother and sisters. Especially when my father doesn’t give me my own little sister.” Yoogeun said to me while glaring to me from the backseat.

“We’ll talk about that later Yoogeun.” I said to him.

“Wow, I’m quite impressed for an 8 years old boy like you, Yoogeun. You are really smart.” Yuri said while smiling.

“You know what Yuri? Just drive. And we should pick Taemin up to take pictures of the murder scene. So just drop Yoogeun in Taemin’s house.” I said to her.

“Okay. Just tell me the way to Taemin oppa’s house.” She said.

“Okay. And now I’m sleepy because it’s still five thirty in the morning.” I said to her while looking at her. And I must admit it. She is beautiful. Especially when she doesn’t wear make up like this. I always like it when a girl looks beautiful when she doesn’t wear make up, or wearing it not too much. I hate it when a girl wear her make up too much and her face looks so much different with her make up on. Oh no. Don’t tell me that I have feelings for her. No way. No.

“Do you realize it now?” She asked to me.

“What? Realize of what?” I asked her.

“Realize that I’m actually beautiful.” She said while glance at me.

“No. Actually I just realize that you didn’t wear your make up. And you look ugly without your make up on.” I said to her. Haha. Minho, just don’t do something stupid first okay. You just met her a week. It’s still too early to say that you like her.

“From now on, I will never let you see my bare face again. Ever.” Said Yuri to me while looking mad.

“Well, no one knows what will happened.” I said to her while smiling.