Chapter 3: A Body In A Box (2)

Dead Body

Yuri’s POV

“Oh my god. This is the first time I’m dealing with this kind of dead body. I’m gonna love this job.” I said to them while looking at the victim.

“And how do you think? Amazing, right?” Taemin oppa said while holding his laughter.

“Are you kidding? It’s gross. Guess that I should skip my lunch today. I lost my appetite.” I said holding my self not to vomit. It will ruin the evidences in the murder scene. And Minho oppa won’t like it.

“No, don’t skip your lunch. I don’t want my partner to get sick.” Minho oppa said while looking at the dead body.

Wow. I was surprised when he said that. And so did Taemin oppa. What is this feeling? Why am I so happy that he cared about me?

“Wow. Did I just hear it right? Minho, this is the first time I heard that you cared about a girl.” Taemin said while laughing.

“Well, according to the thickness of the pelvis and the completed ossification of the cavicle, I assumed that the victim is male and he’s in his early 30s.” Minho oppa said while examining the bones, avoiding Taemin oppa’s question.

“Any clues about the victim’s race?” Asked Taemin oppa while taking pictures of the murder scene.

“Caucassian. I need these bones in the lab as soon as possible. And the box, too. I don’t want any evidences dissappear that can obstruct the investigation.” Said Minho oppa to me.

“Okay everyone. I need this bones and the box in the lab before 2 o’clock. And don’t ruin the murder scene.” I said to my subordinates.

 

 

Minho’s POV

Tomorrow morning…

 

“Oh please!! Someone please help me turn this things off. Come on people!!  I need my own ID card! I can’t just wait for people to swipe their ID card for me right?”

Then all of us turn our head to find Yuri struggling to turn the alarm off. Well, she’s quiet cute when she’s panicking like that. Oh no. I think I like her.

“Jonghyun, help her.” I said pretending to focus on the bones. But actually, I’m focusing on Yuri’s voice, nagging to the alarm to shut up. Oh my god. She’s cute. Does she really think that the alarm will just shut itself out when she told it to shut up?

“Minho, maybe you can fool the other, but not me. I’m Key. I always know if one of you have problems. And don’t ever dare to lie to me. It’s really obvious now that you’re smiling after you saw Yuri. And I’m happy for you man.  Finally you found a girl that made you smile like an idiot.” Key whispered to me so that the others can’t hear us.

“Well, I’m not really sure about it either. So please. Just keep it to yourself first until I’m sure about my feelings, okay?” I said while still focusinf on the bones.

“So, have you found anything that can help us to catch the murderer?” Yuri said, finally success on turning the alarm off with the help of Jonghyun.

“Well, I haven’t found any… Oh. I found a bullet near his right femur.” I said to Yuri.

“Let me see.” Said Yuri while getting closer to me. Oh and here it is. My heart is beating fast again. I took a look at Key, and he is teasing me with his devilish smile. I hate it when Key showing me his devilish smile.

“Caliber 22. But it’s not capable to kill someone. Maybe to injure someone, but not killing.” Yuri said.

“I just said that I found a bullet near his femur. And it can kill someone when it injure the femoral artery. It can cause loss of blood ” I said to Yuri.

“I found another bullets Minho. It looks like it injure the axillary artery.” Said Onew.

“Well, looks like the killer knows how to cripple the victim.” Yuri said while examining the bones.

“Onew, how long it will take your bugs to clean these bones?” I asked to him.

“Well, 4 hours? Maybe 5? I’m not sure.” Said Onew.

“What? This is the first time that you’re not sure about your bugs.” I said while looking at him.

“Well, what do you expect me to do? Giving some energy boost for the bugs? They’re living things, Minho. You can’t predict them. They do what they want.” Onew said.

“Well, you better make it quick. If not, the FBI won’t stop asking for it.” I said to him while examining the X-rays thet Jonghyun gave me.

“Can’t you just determine the cause of death from the X-ray? I mean it’s the same, right?” Onew asked.

“Onew, how many time do I have to tell you? It’s the same as making a hunch. And as we know that….”

“… ‘I as a scientist do not want to make hunch. I want facts’. I know. I know. But, I think maybe you can examine it first while my bugs are cleaning the bones from the flesh. Deal?” Said Onew.

“Onew, what am I doing right now?” I asked in a ‘you-should’ve-know-what-I’m-doing-now ‘ face.

“Examining the X-rays, so that you can be more sure. I got it… I got it. Geez. You are really not fun, Minho.” Onew said while continuing examining his bugs.

“Well, clean these bones from the flesh and I’ll see if I can find any crucial hint for this case.” I said to Onew. “Okay.” Said Onew while taking the

“It looks like I need to go back to the murder scene to see if there are any evidences that left unseen by my subordinates.” Yuri said while turning her back to me and start walking.

“Wait. Where are you going?” I stoped her from walking away.

“To West ia. Why?” She asked looking to me.

“Alone?” I asked.

“Yeah. I used to travel alone from one murder scene to another back when I was in South Korea.” She said while looking confused.

“Wait here. I’m coming with you.” I said while taking off my lab coats.

“But.. I can go by myself.” She said mumbling to herself but loud enough for me and the others to hear.

“Oh believe me, Yuri. Once Minho said he’ll go, then no one can stop him. Even Yoogeun.” Said Key while examining the bones.

“Okay. Let’s go.” I said while wearing my coats.

 

 

Author’s POV

“Oppa, I can go by myself. You still have bones to examine.” Yuri said while looking at Minho.

“Well, you didn’t even sleep when you drove me and Yoogeun this morning. And driving when you’re tired is dangerous. So I’ll drive you there. Just sleep on our way to West ia, okay? Besides, Onew said that his bugs takes 4 to 5 hours to clean the bones. So I have nothing to do for the next 5 hours.” Minho oppa said while opening the car door for Yuri.

“Okay. I’m actually really tired right now. I haven’t even sleep last night. I feel like I can pass out any time.” Yuri said jokingly to Minho.

“Are you really okay? Just told your subordinates to find any evidences there. And it will be dark when we arrive there. Just go there tomorrow, okay?” Minho said while looking worried.

“Geez, oppa. I’m kidding. I’m just tired, but I’m still okay. I still can walk right? And I really don’t like delay my work. The murderer can be destroying the evidence.” Yuri said while fastening the seat belt.

“Well, if that what you want. Let’s go.” Minho said while smiling to Yuri.

 

 

Author’s POV

“Looks like my subordinates really left some evidences.” Said Yuri while looking at some things.

“What is it?” Asked Minho while looking at the same things.

“The gun that was used to cripple our victim. The killer left it here. Oppa, can you please search something that was possible to be the cause of death?” Asked Yuri and started to search.

”Well how about this?” Asked Minho while giving Yuri the thing that he found.

“A pin?”

I don’t know. I found it under the rock.” Said Minho.

“Well, it could be anybody’s pin. You know, this place is kind of…many people’s place.” Yuri said.

“That;s true. But I think you should just keep this. You know for additional evidence if it needed.” Said Minho.

“Okay. Put it in this plastic bag. Pretty good, Choi Minho-ssi. Keep it going.” Said Yuri while giving Minho a plastic bags.

“Oh please. 2 years with FBI. Pretty much know about how the systems work.” Said Minho.

“Okay, Mr. Oh-so-smart Choi Minho. Wait a minute.” Said Yuri while running away.

“Why? What is it?” Asked Minho while looking at Yuri who ran away.

“I feel suspicious about that car. You know what?  I’m gonna asked a people. Maybe they know about something. Meanwhile, maybe your guys already identified the victim? Can you asked them? It could help to make the investigation easier.” Said Yuri while walking to the homeless man near them.

“Okay. I’ll call them.” Said Minho while calling Onew.

“Sorry to disturb you, Sir. FBI Special Agent Yuri. Can I ask you a few questions?” Asked Yuri while walking to him. But the homeless man suddenly running away from her.

“Sir!! Stop right there!!” Asked yuri while chasing the man.

“Yuri!! Where are you going?!” Asked Minho while following Yuri to chase the man.

“I’m chasing him. Don’t you see? Just…Help me!!! You are faster than I am right?!” Said Yuri while still running.

“Sir!! Stop!!” Said Minho.

“Sir stop right there or I’m gonna shoot you!!” Said Yuri.

“Yuri don’t!! You’ll kill him!!” Said Minho. Minho caught him and put the man’s hands behind him.

“Sir, you’ll be in trouble because you are running away from me.” Said Yuri while handcuffing the man.

“Wait, you misunderstand it. I don’t know anything about the murder. AW!! Can’t you please be more gently?!” He said while screaming in pain.

“Well, I haven’t said anything about murder. I think it will get harder for you to get away from this murder case, Mr. why-are-you-so-stupid-because-you-confessed-of-your-crime. Move!! Oppa, let’s go.” Said Yuri while dragging the man to their car.

‘Wow, she is really something.”  Said Minho in his mind.

 

 

P.S: I'm sorry for the grammar or any mistakes regarding to this story.