CHapter 7

Dead Body

Chapter 7

The next morning….

“Yoogeun-aah~ Let’s eat right now.” Yuri said happily while calling Yoogeun who has just finished prepared to go to school.

“Ne Aunty. ” Said Yoogeun while taking a seat beside Yuri.

“Are you sure it’s okay to go to school right now? It’s okay if you want to…you know, absent for one or two days. But not more than that, okay?” Yuri said while patting Yoogeun’s head.

“No, it’s okay, Aunty. Besides, I have a test today. So I have to go to school.” Yoogeun said while eating his breakfast.

“What? You have a test today? But, you didn’t even study last night.” Said Yuri, surprised.

“It’s okay. I already memorized the subject of the test. It’s all in here.” Said Yoogeun while pointing at his head.

“Wow.. As expected. You are indeed your father’s son right?” said Yuri proud of Yoogeun.

“Ofcourse. But I’m not my dad. I won’t ever choose to accept that woman back after what she did. It’s just my father was too stupid to realize it. Oh. And aunty, can I stay here for a moment? Just until that woman leave from my home?” Said Yoogeun.

“Ofcourse. You can stay as long as you want.” Said Yuri.

“Thank you, Aunty. Now let me finish my breakfast so we can go.” Said Yoogeun.

“Okay. I’ll get my car key, and my cellphone, then we’ll go to your school.” Yuri said while taking her phone in her room.

When Yuri saw her phone, there is 59 phonecalls in her cellphone since last night, and 134 messages asking Yuri to call him back. It’s killing Yuri, too. She loves him, she misses him. But what he did to her hurts her so much. She didn’t even know if she can forgive him for what he did. Yuri cried silently, hoping that Yoogeun won’t heard her. But actually, Yoogeun saw all of it.

“Aunty, are you done? Let’s go. I already finished my breakfast.” Said Yoogeun while acting like he didn’t see Yuri cried.

“Oh, then let’s go.” Said Yuri while wiping her tears.

“Aunty, after my test, let’s go to amusement park.” Said Yoogeun while grabbing Yuri’s hand.

“Huh? But you said you don’t want to skip class.” Said Yuri, confused.

“Nah. After I checked my schedule, all of the subject are boring. I’ll just skip class. I really want to release my stress now.” Said Yoogeun while walking happily.

“You know what? Sometimes you act like a 17 years old-boy. But then, when you act like this, it reminds me that you are still 8 years old that still needs to play.” Said Yuri while looking at Yoogeun.

“Well, it depends on the situation. I act like I’m 17 years old because I don’t want to burden my dad with my behavior. I want to show that I can take care of myself. I know that my dad’s work is a difficult job. And because there wasn’t any girl in my house, I want to help my dad to take care of anything.” Yoogeun said while smiling.

“There there. This is what makes you look like a 17 years old boy. Your words and your age don’t even match.” Said Yuri.

“Hahaha. Aunty, you’re funny.” Said Yoogeun while laughing.

“Where’s the fun? I don’t even find anything funny…” Said Yuri confused.

“Just forget it, Aunty. But sometimes, there were times when I want to be like a normal 8 years old boy that only think of toys, and ice cream, and cuddle with their parents.” Said Yoogeun smiling.

“You know what? I think that’s why you were disappointed with your father when your mom came. You’re the one who took care of anything, but then your mom just came and want to be part of yours and your dad’s life, and your dad didn’t even refuse her. I get it Yoogeun. But don’t hate your dad. It’s not his fault.” Said Yuri while buckling Yoogeun’s seatbelt.

“But why did you cry if you don’t blame my dad?” Yoogeun asked while looking at Yuri.

Yuri stopped doing what she was doing. She tried to give Yoogeun a suitable reason.

“Well, It’s a…different situation.” Said Yuri.

“I know that you love my father.” Said Yoogeun.

“How did you know?” asked Yuri.

“Well, it’s obvious. If you don’t love my dad, why did you cry after seeing your phone? I know that you read my dad’s messages, right?” Asked Yoogeun.

“N…No, I didn’t cry because of it. I cried because….ah! My neighbour just told me that her cat died yesterday. It’s really sad. So, I cried. It was a really cute cat you know. ” Said Yuri, relieved because she thought it was really a good reason.

“Haha. One advice. If you want to lie to me, please search for better reasons, okay? But, nice try, though.” Said Yoogeun while laughing.

“Right? I think it was good, too. Why are you so clever, huh?” Said Yuri while smiling.

“My dad’s DNA? And hardwork.” Said Yoogeun.

 

At the lab…..

“Jonghyun-ah, I need the victim’s identity right now.” Minho said to Jonghyun.

“Yes.” Said Jonghyun, with his lazy tone. Minho knew it, but he didn’t ask about it because he didn’t want to creat fuss about it.

“Jinki-ah, did the tox screen of the remains’s result out yet? I need it right now.” Minho asked to Onew. But Onew didn’t reply Minho and keep doing his work. Minho then remember why Onew didn’t reply him. ‘Oh yeah I forgot about last night.’

“Taemin-ah, help me analyze the bones.” Minho said while walking to the bones room.

“Later.” Said Taemin while playing with his phone.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! I’M TRYING TO WORK HERE!!!” Minho said angrily to his friends.

“Well, me, too. I’m working now. Don’t you see it?” Said Onew while continuing his work.

“At least answer me. I won’t know it if you don’t talk to me.” Minho said to his friends.

“I thought that we agree to not talk to each other until you decide which one is the best for all of us between asking that girl who ruined your life to leave or curse to that girl before kicking her out of your apartment.” Said Key while looking at his computer.

“Key, not you too. You are always the one who support me whatever my decision is. And neither of your options is my choice.” Said Minho to Key.

“Not this time, man. You’re all alone. I told you that I’m team Yoogeun and Yuri.” Said Key looking at Minho.

“Whatever. Just tell me when the result is out.” Said Minho.

 

(Just then, Soohyuk entered…)

“Hyung, where’s the result of the victim’s identity?” Soohyuk asked while standing beside Minho. Minho was surprised by Soohyuk’s presence.

“Ah kkamjjakiya!! Yah. Don’t call me hyung in here. We’re in America, not Korea.” Said Minho.

“Then why did you say ‘kkamjjakiya’? It should be ‘Oh My God!’ if you want to express surprised in America.” Said Soohyuk while looking at Minho innocently.

“What brought you here?” asked Minho while looking behind Soohyuk, hoping to find someone. Yup. Kwon Yuri.

“Are you looking for Yuri? She’s not coming with me.” Said Soohyuk.

“N..N..NO!! Why would I be looking for her? Ofcourse no!! Ceh…”Said Minho while looking embarrassed.

“She is taking a week off until…her emotion is stable.” Said Soohyuk.

“I said I’m not looking for her.” Said Minho denying Soohyuk.

“Ya ya ya. Although you said you’re not, I know you are. And just for you know, I hate you. But I’ll put it aside when I’m working. So don’t worry. Don’t feel awkward around me just because I’m Yuri’s bestfriend.” Said Soohyuk.

“I’m sorry.” said Minho to Soohyuk.

“Hey, don’t say sorry to me. You know to whom you should say sorry for.” Said Soohyuk while keep his cool, but no one knows how much he wanted to punch Minho in his face because he hurt his besfriend after gave her so much hope.

“I know. But she doesn’t even want to see me anymore.” Said Minho.

“Well, that’s great. I don’t want her to meet you, too. You only cause pain to her. And don’t act too friendly with me. I’m only doing this for Yuri because she was the one who saved me. And God knows how much I want to punch you in the face right now. But no. I’m holding it, for now. Because we’re working now. But my work will be over in a few hours. So let me tell you, don’t try to contact me once we’re off from work, because I don’t know what will happen.” Said Soohyuk to Minho.

“Good job, Soohyuk. Whoo, oppa!! I’m your fan now!! Can you sign my book please?! Write ‘from the one who will punch Minho’s face because he doesn’t act like a normal person’.” Said Key, acted like a fangirl to Soohyuk while giving him his notebook.

“Haha. That was a greta idea, hyung!!” said Soohyuk to Key while giving Key his autograph and write what Key wanted him to write. Minho felt he was left out because the others were chatting happily without including Minho in the conversation. Usually, Yuri would take his side when his other friends were doing something like this to him, saying ‘It’s okay. I’m still on your side.’. But now, he’s alone now.

And that’s when he realized something. He’s in love with Yuri, but he’s not ready to let Seowoo go.

 

(At the amusement park…)

“WOOOOOW!!!! I’m FINALLY HEREE!!!! YEAAAH!!” Yoogeun said while screaming and running like a child ( I know I know that he is child, but… let’s just continue to the story.)

“Hahahaha!! Yoogeun-ah!!! Be careful!” Said Yuri laughing, while following Yoogeun.

“I want to ride the rollercoaster. OH! And we really should go to the haunted house. A-a-and WUUUUUP!!! I want to try all of it!!!” Said Yoogeun while screaming, excited like a kid.

“Umm, Yoogeun, I think those rides are too extreme for an 8 years old. How about…OH! Merry-go-round!! O-or bumpy car. Or that drop n twist tower!! And ferris wheel!!” Yuri said, trying to distract Yoogeun from the thrill rides.

“Really?  Those are for kids." Said Yoogeun.

"But you ARE a kid." said Yuri to Yoogeun.

"Come on, Aunty. You said that we’re here for fun, right?” Asked Yoogeun to Yuri.

“I-I did…” Yuri muttered.

“So? Then let’s have some fun. Or..don’t say that you are afraid those rides that I’ve been mentioning? Oh my god. An FBI agent afraid with those kind of rides? You catch those bad guys fearlessly, but you are afraid of these kind of rides? Hahaha.” Said Yoogeun while laughing at Yuri.

“Well, don’t laugh at me, okay? I’m afraid of heights.” Said Yuri while looking down, feeling embarrassed.

“Really? You? I thought you don’t have any fear.” Asked Yoogeun.

“Everyone has their own trauma.” Said Yuri, once again, embarrassed.

“Well, I don’t.”  said Yoogeun, confidently.

“Yet. For your information, you are still 8 years old.” Said Yuri to Yoogeun.

“Okay, let’s do it this way. We will ride the rides that I said, then we’ll ride the ones for kids later. How is it?” Said Yoogeun.

“All of it?! But, there are too many.” Yuri said, surprised.

“Well, if you don’t want, then we’ll just go home now, and I will feel down again.” Said Yoogeun, while pretending to leave but ofcourse, Yuri stoped him and said, “O-okay. I’ll ride whatever you want to. Let’s go.”

 

 

“Hahahaha. I still can’t forget your face when we go to the haunted face!! It’s like someone was going to tear your mandible and your maxilla apart. Hahaha.” Said Yoogeun while laughing outloud.

“Ha ha. Funny. Says the one who screamed his lung out loud when we were on rollercoaster earlier.” Said Yuri while eating her cotton candy.

“I did screamed. But that doesn’t mean that I’m afraid of height, or something related to those rides. I enjoy riding those rides.” Said Yoogeun to Yuri while holding her hands.

“Ow.” Said Yuri surprised.

“Why?” Asked Yoogeun to Yuri while looking at Yuri.

“You’re holding my hand. Do you know that this is the first time you hold my hand?” Asked Yuri, smiling to Yoogeun.

“Why? Do you hate it?” Asked Yoogeun.

“N-no. Actually, I like it. I always love children since my first niece was born. They’re cute, you know. And do you know that people think that you are my son right now? It’s really funny, and odd. But not, that kind of odd, you know right?” Said Yuri to Yoogeun.

“Yeah, I know. And like I told you on our first meeting, I’ll always support you to be my mom. I like you since the first time we met. Not that kind of like, that’s for sure. I just, know that you’ll be a suitable one for my father. Too bad, my dad didn’t even know the consequences if he chose that woman.” Said Yoogeun.

“Yoogeun, don’t be like that. She’s your mother.” Said Yuri to Yoogeun.

“No, you don’t know her. She’s a bad woman. I never told my dad about this, so promise me. Don’t tell him this time, okay? Not until I decide to tell him.” Said Yoogeun to Yuri.

“I promise.” Said Yuri.

“Actually, I met my mom, once. But she didn’t know me, yet. Maybe because my dad had showed me her picture, but she doesn’t have any of my picture. I met her here, in front of a café when I was walking with my friends. I saw her, with another men.” Said Yoogeun to Yuri.

“Men? With men, did you mean…”

“Yeah. Men. There were 3 men, if I’m not wrong. It was a week ago. And they were really..close. They were holding hands, and laughing, and then some of them even touched her. I didn’t tell my dad because I thought it's useless since we dont have that kind of relationship with her anymore, but I was wrong. And now he let that woman to our house. He doesn’t even care about my opinion.” Said Yoogeun holding his tears.

“Shh..sshh. It’s okay. Just let it out, okay. You know what? I understand. You’re upset. I got it. And I don’t blame you for that. But, try to understand your dad. Maybe your dad just want you to have a perfect family, you know? A dad, a mom for you. That’s what he thinks a family is.” Said Yuri while hugging Yuri.

“But that’s not what I want. Do you think that’s what a family means?” Asked Yoogeun to Yuri.

“At first. But when my mom and my dad got divorce, the definition of a family for me changed. For me, now a family is…a group of people that accept you for who you are, who will always on our side when we were on our worst time.” Said Yuri.

“Your parents, divorced?” Asked Yoogeun surprised.

“Yeah, when I was 3 years old. I barely even knew what was going on at that time. And when I was started to realize what was going on, my mom told me she already married with someone and have a kid. I was angry at that time, but when my mom came to my father’s house with her kid, my anger was gone just like that. He was too cute. His name is Oh Sehun. Hey do you want to see the picture when he was a kid? I keep his picture because he was really cute.” Said Yuri, excited to show her brother’s picture.

“Well, I’m cuter that’s for sure. But because he is your brother, I’ll say he’s cute.” Said Yoogeun.

“Hahaha. You two are cute for me, alright? And my brother will come tonight because he will continue his study here, so after this we’ll be on our way to the airport to pick him up. ” Said Yuri.

“Wh..what? Then that means…”

“Yes. He’ll stay with us.” Said Yuri, smiling.

“Is it okay, for me to, stay? I mean he’s your brother. I supposed he needs some privacy. I’m just…nobody.” Yoogeun said while looking down.

“Hey. What did you mean with nobody? Come on. You are my bestfriend now. Soohyuk is kind of…busy, you know. With the work I gave him. SO it makes you, my bestfriend now. And Sehun already knows about you. And he was really happy, actually, when I told him that you will be staying with us. He always wants a brother. But since he’s the youngest in my family…”

“I get it, aunty. Hey. If I am your bestfriend, then can I just call you by your name? Bestfriends do that.” Asked Yoogeun, joking to Yuri.

“Well, we’ll get to that later. Hey. It’s already 7 p.m. Let’s go. I don’t want my brother to wait for me that long.” Said Yuri while grabbing Yoogeun’s hand.

“Let’s go, Yuri.” Said Yoogeun, while smiling.