Chapter 1: Introduction

Dead Body

Minho’s POV

“Yoogeun-ah!! Get ready!! We’ll be late!! It’s almost 7!!” I said to Yoogeun while I wore my shoes.

“NE!! Aaaah jinjja!! You’re always like this, Appa!! Please get me a mom now!! We’ll be always late if you don’t get me a new mom for me, or a wife for you. I said that because, literally, it’s the same. It’s just some kind of words play.” Said Yoogeun to me while approaching me and wearing his shoes.

“ Well, you know the answers  already. I told you many times that I’m too….”

“You’re too handsome for some average woman.  And then you’re too busy to date an unemployed woman. And then you don’t want someone that is too smart so she can’t show off in front of you. I know, I know. But dad, please. I know that mom left you. But it’s already 6 years ago. I’m 8 now. And for your reminder, I shoud be the one that hate mom for leaving us like this. And I am. But I’m not being traumatic like you. And for God sake, get us a new house. If you want to move on, move out from our house now. Our apartment now holds too much memories of you and mom that made you can’t move on from her. ” Yoogeun said while we were walking out from our apartment.

“Okay. First, I won’t change my mind. Second, I’m not being traumatic and I’m completely moved on from your mom. And third, maybe you should stop studying about psychologhy, or anything related my job, and stop your habit of watching those that can add your knowledge. You know what? You don’t seem like the usual 8 years old boy. Boys around your age are interested in games, their pet, toys, girlfriends maybe? I don’t know about the girlfriends maybe, but one thing I know, they never talk the way you talked to me. Oh and one more. You are the one that failed those blind dates my friends set me in. Oh don’t be surprised from where I knew those news. There’s nothing I don’t know in this world you know. Especially when those things related to you. I’m your Dad.” I said while flashed him an annoying smile to annoyed him.

“Urgh. Stop it, Dad. First, I don’t like games. They’re boring. And I don’t think I’m interested in dating, yet. Girls can get annoying sometimes. They like me, but I’m not interested in them, yet. About your dates, don’t blame me. I’m not the one that chose those stupid girls to be your blind dates. I’ll only approve that girl when that girl is cheerful, can make you loosen up a bit from your job, and I have to disagree with you about the woman should not as smart as you. You should marry some genius woman so that my sister or brother later will be smart like me. Because, according to the research….”

“I know, Yoogeun. Perhaps you forgot, I work at the lab. So basically, I knew those kind of things. Geez. No matter how clever you are, still, I’m your father. I have more experiences in these kind of things. And maybe I want another kids that isn’t really smart so that they won’t talk anything about science, and stuffs.” I said to him in a sarcastic tone.

Hi. I’m Choi Minho. You can call me, Minho. Or Choi, or Mr. Choi. It’s up to you. I don’t mind. I’m fine with anything. I’m 28 years old. This boy, that has just talked to me, is Yoogeun. He’s my son with… I don’t even want to say her name again. She left us just because she thought that she was too young to raise a child. So, she left us. At first, Yoogeun was really sad and crying almost everyday, for almost a week, when I told him the truth. But, then, those sad feelings he had disappeared, and turn into anger and disappointed feelings.

Oh by the way, I work as a chemists and an anthrophologhy in an Institute in Washington DC which is cops and FBI ask helps from us, but my team works especially with FBI.  I work in a lab which…well, maybe you don’t want to know the details of it. Well, all I can say is, I deal with dead body. I identify dead bodies that are too decomposed, what date that person died,  and analize what compounds or chemical reactions that made that person died. And yes I should’ve not tell Yoogeun about my job, but he found his way to find my job anyway. I work with 4 of my friends. Their names are Onew, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key. I knew that they are also Koreans, like me. And that’s why, I’m comfortable worked with them. Oh and they’re all are married. Onew to Luna, Jonghyun to Jessica, Key with Krystal, and Taemin with Sulli. So I’m the only one who are still single. And I’m fine with it.

Onew help me with anything that relates to biology, bugs. Jonghyun from the technology perspectives. Taemin from the photographic perspectives, you know, taking pictures of important evidences. Strangely, he always gets some crucial hints that the police often missed. And last, Key is a coroner. Oh and he also the head of the Institute. That’s why I sometimes go with them when we were called by FBI to identify the body. We, somehow, work well together. The five of us. Yoogeun knows them well. Like really well. He sometimes spends time with Onew’s 3 years old daughter, Jinhee, when he has nothing to do at house. Or with Jonghyun’s daughter Haneul, or with Taemin’s son Taehyung, or with Key’s daughters Goeun and Soeun.

Well, this is my life now.

 

Yuri’s POV

“Hello. Are you Yuri Kwon? Hi. My name is Dalton Gale. Call me Dalton. Or Gale. Whatever you want to call me. I don’t care actually. I’m your boss in here, so if you want to ask me something, feel free to ask me.” He said to me

“Yes. Hello. As you know, I’m Yuri Kwon. Thank you for welcoming me here. So, when do I start investigating case?” I said confidently.

“Wow. For a new hire, you sure are moving fast. I like your confident. Maybe we should hangout sometimes when we aren’t working. ” Mr. Gale said while smiling.

“Thank you for your compliment, but I don’t like spending my time useless, like talking about something unrelated with work like this.” I said to him while flashing a boring smile to him.

Hi. I’m Kwon Yuri. Just call me Yuri. I’m a cheerful girl, well, that’s what my friends keep saying about me. What I did to my boss was because he’s already married, and he was trying to seduce me. I don’t like guys like that. Why did he even marry his wife if he wants to go all the way seducing single women? How did I know he’s married? Well, he’s wearing his ring, there’s a photo of his wife and his children hanging on his wall. Who’s stupid enough to put his family picture in his office if he’s going to seduce girls? One word. Stupid. And I know that he’s married the first time I met him. Why? I’m the best in my team back there in South Korea, so FBI heard about me, and asked me to be one of their agent. I used to investigate difficult cases with so many hints that sometimes, those hints didn’t make any sense at all. But still, I’m able to solved it because I’m genius. Haha. Sorry for the bragging.

Back to the topic. I’m 25 years old. Well, aside of being a detectives in South Korea, I’m just the usual 25 years old woman. I’ve dated some guys. But then, didn’t end nicely. Some of the reasons are because they are terrified of my job. They’re afraid that someone will come to them and kill them because of my job as a detective. So, yeah, you can guess the rest. I directly said yes after they offered me to be an agent. Well, the paycheck is also quite fascinating if I have to say. So here I am. Moving to America, being an agent for FBI, and single. Hhhhh, why am I in here when my friends are mostly being in relationship and preparing for their marriage?

“O..okay. So, maybe I should tell you first that we work together with an Institute. And I assigned you for any case that related to murder, homicide.” Said Gale to me.

“What?! But I was told that I get to work on my own when I accepted this job.” I said while surprised.

“I thought that you like to work in group.” He said to me.

“I was told that I’d be able to choose my own team if I accept this job. I prefer to choose my own team because I get to know the personality of them first before I work with them. So I can choose with whom I comfortable work with. But, it’s all a lie?” I said to him.

“Who told you that?” asked Gale.

“You know what? Forget it. Let’s just move on. With whom do I get to work with?” I asked to Gale.

“Here. These are the people you will work with. There are five people. Look. I’d like to introduce you to them, but I have another case to solve, so help yourself okay? Here is your car, and your license, and things that you’ll need when you work here. So, Enjoy. Oh!! Today, no case for you, but I think you should visit your new team and get to know them so you’ll be comfortable to work with them.” He said while giving me things that he mentioned.

“Okay. Thank you. So, I get to work tomorrow? You know, just to make sure.” I asked Gale about my case.

“Yes, Ms. Kwon.”

“Okay. Thank you.” I said while leaving his office.

 

Minho’s POV

“Guys, there’s a good news, and..a bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?” Asked Taemin to us.

“Well, I prefer the good one first.” I said to him.

“Okay, because Minho is our leader, so I’ll just go with the good news first. Today, we don’t have any case to solve. Gale just called me and told me that news.” Said Taemin.

“OH YEAAAH!! DAY OFF!!” Said Key excitedly while high five-ing with Onew.

“You know, I rarely play with Jinhee this days because of those cases keeps coming like a rain in rainy season.” Said Onew to us. “Umm why are you all looking at me like that?” Asked Onew to us because we looked at him in a weird way.

“Really? Like the rain in rainy season? Why don’t you just say snow in winter season?” Asked Jonghyun in a sarcastic way.

“Okay okay. So what is the bad news?” I asked to him.

“Well, the bad news is, all those plans that you’ve been imagining is not gonna happened.” Said Taemin in an excited tone.

“WHAT?! WHY?!” Asked Key surprised.

“Because, there’s a new agent just transferred from Korea, and she is sent to us to be in our team as the replacement for Mrs. Delaney because she quit now. So, we have to show her this place and how we work. And Minho, be nice to her. This is a girl, and, I heard from Gale that she is hot. Maybe she is a fit for you, Minho.” Taemin said to us.

“Okay okay. So, when will she come here?” I asked him.

“Hi. I’m Kwon Yuri. So, I’m looking for Mr. Choi Minho. I was told that I should go this division if I want to search for Mr. Choi Minho.” A woman named Kwon Yuri said to us.

 

 

“So, you’re Kwon Yuri?” Taemin said to Yuri while extending his hand for shake hands.

“Yes. And I’m talking to..”

“Oh, I’m Lee Taemin. Just call me Taemin so we’ll be comfortable to work together. And I heard that you are Korean. So, should we just talk in Korean? Just for you know, we’re all Korean.” Said Taemin to Yuri.

“Oh, hi. Okay. Just call me Yuri, then. I’m the new FBI agent that Gale sent to this Institute. Are you older than me or younger? I’m 25 years old.” Said Yuri while smiling.

“We’re all 27 years old. So I assume you’re younger than us, so, just call us Oppa. Okay?” said Taemin to Yuri.

“Arasso, Taemin Oppa. So, can I get to know the other guys in here?” asked Yuri to Taemin while looked at Minho, Jonghyun, Key, and Onew.

“Oh, yeah right. This is Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Minho. Minho is technically the leader in this team. So, if you have case to be solved, you might want to call him first and go to the murder scene with him. By the way, are you still single?” Taemin asked to Yuri.

“Yeah. Why?” Asked Yuri.

“Well, just for you know, Minho is still single. Although he already has a kid, but maybe it’s not a big deal for you.” Said Taemin to Yuri.

“Emm sorry. But I think it’s not appropriate to talk about personal matters in here.” Said Yuri to Taemin.

“Oh yeah. Right. Sorry. My bad. So, shall we start the tour?” asked Taemin.

“Okay.”

 

 

Author’s POV

“And here is our workplace. You know, in here, every team has their own workplace, and this is our workplace. So, any questions?” Asked Taemin.

“One question. I see that everytime I want to enter this workplace, I need an ID card. But, after I checked the things that Gale gave me, there’s no ID card for me to enter here.” Asked Yuri.

“Oh, yeah. About that, I’m really sorry. But you need Minho’s permission if you need your own ID card. Until then, I think you need to enter here with Minho.” Said Onew.

“Okay. Sooo, when will I get my ID card, Minho Oppa?” asked Yuri to Minho. But Minho keep silent while still looking at Yuri.

“Emm Yuri, there’s no time limit of it. So, I don’t know. Maybe you can seduce him so that he can give your own ID card soon. The sooner the better right?” Whisper Jonghyun to Yuri.

“Okay, I will seduce him so he will give it to me sooner.” said Yuri then laughing together with Taemin, Jonghyun, and Onew.

“I know that you all are talking about me. And guys, we still have files we need to finish today. So, if you don’t mind Yuri, we need to finish our file today.” Said Minho to Yuri while leaving Yuri behind.

“Oppa, is Minho oppa always like that? You know, doesn’t know how to have some fun. Geez, I was just joking.” Yuri said while talking to Taemin.