Silver Lining

I Don't Want to Be Broken..

  Jaehyun woke up to the heavy sound of rain on his window. It was on of the little things that could make him smile. He loved rain more than most things in this world, it makes him feel alive, like the sky is taking a break from sunshine and happiness and letting it's true emotions spill out into the world.  He contemplated bringing an umbrella with him to the university, wanting to feel the raindrops hit his skin. But he decided he didn't want to look like a lost wet puppy at school so he picks up the umbrella and walks out of his house. On his way he sees a figure with a hoody on being absolutely soaked by the rain. 'Why didn't this loser bring an umbrella with him?'  Jaehyun thought. As he got closer to the figure. 'Ah so that's why' Jaehyun told himself as he saw the face of the said figure. 

"Tsk do you ever listen?" Jaehyun said to the soaking wet Taeyong who was extremely surprised to see him. 

"I was running late" Taeyong said sheepishly cursing himself for being so clumsy all the time in front of Jaehyun.

"Aish whatever. What would you do without me?" Jaehyun questioned while putting his umbrella over Taeyong.

They walked in silence and when they got there  Jaehyun mumbled a 'yah be more careful okay?' to Taeyong before going to class. 

When Jeehyun was gone Taeyong laughed at the fact that little Jaehyun could be so sweet and cheeky at the same time.  I guess he's one of the seven wonders of the world Taeyong thought before going off to class as well.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late in the evening, Taeyong comes down with a fever and a cough that sounds like a machine gun. This is what I get for getting soaked earlier huh ? Jaehyun's right you are an idiot aren't you?  he talks to himself, getting weird looks from people on the subway. 

Jaehyun sits at home thinking about The incident from earlier. He doesn't know why but he's worried about Taeyong getting sick. When he was young his mother always made sure he was properly dressed for the rain because it can make people ill if they're not.  'Why didn't I walk him home?' Jaehyun mentally slapped himself.   'Maybe I can bring some medicine just in case.  No, wait why do I care? it's not my fault  he wasn't careful..yeah but he's always nice to you Jaehyun  and you've done nothing for him' Jaehyun battles with himself before deciding to go see Taeyong. 

 

>>Jaehyunnie<<

Where do you live?

 

    Taeyong did not expect to see Jaehyun''s name on his screen in a million years.  He quickly replied but was really confused. Was Jaehyun coming to his house? at this hour? why?  Oh no I look and feel awful though. He's gonna see me look like a garbage truck. Why do you care Taeyong? He's just a friend  Taeyong had all these thoughts running through his head.  But snapped out of it as he heard a knock.

'' Taeyong got up off the couch with his blanket wrapped around himself answering the door.

"Hola" Taeyong said to Jaehyun, nose obviously stuffed up.

"I knew it"  Jaehyun took one look and knew Taeyong was sick.  His nose was bright red, he thought Taeyong looked like Rudolph  and he started giggling.

knew what? Taeyong thought.  And why is Jaehyun giggling...am I being Punk'd?

"Here you go germ boy" Jaehyun said to Taeyong as he handed him the bag that had ice cream, cold medicine, tissues, and tea in it.

Taeyong saw the items and became overwhelmed with emotions.  He hasn't had anyone care for him like this in a long time and the fact that it was Jaehyun was even more surprising. His eyes teared up. 

"Taeyong?? Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked worriedly. He didn't like seeing Taeyong not smiling.

"Jaehyun, Thank you..a lot" he said before hugging him.

Jaehyun was shocked.  and even though Taeyong initiated it, he was too. Neither of them had had physical contact with anyone in years.  Normally, Jaehyun would've punched anyone who tried to even so much as touch him. But this was different. It was Taeyong, And he knows everything seems to be different with Taeyong. So he enjoyed every moment of it. Letting it make up for some of the lost time of emptiness he's felt in the past years. And Taeyong enjoyed it too, not wanting to let go. In Jaehyun's arms, he felt safe. In Jaehyun's arm's, the barriers were torn down.  After a while. Jaehyun realized what happened and pulled away. He cleared his throat before talking, still nervous from the hug,

"If I get sick becauseof you  you owe me ten bucks" Jaehyun teased.

"haha okay deal"

 'That would be the best ten bucks I ever spent' Taeyong thought.  Jaehyun left soon after saying he had to get home to his puppy but if Taeyong needed anything he could text him and Taeyong was feeling much better than earlier. Looking at the cold medicine still sitting on his counter unopened  he thought Maybe Jaehyun was all he needed then. And he fell asleep with a light heart and Jaehyun on his mind...

 

Guys I hope you enjoy! I'm sorry for not updating sooner i've been busy with school. Forgive me please?  This chapter is quite fluffy I hope you weren't disappointed...continue to leave comments below I love reading them! and thank you I hope you all like this chapter and have a wonderful day <3

"