How Long Till Your Surrender?

I Don't Want to Be Broken..

    As Taeyong layed in bed that night he couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned but all he could think of was Jaehyun.  It's not like he was in love with the guy, I mean he barely knew him, but he felt a strong need to protect him and he didn't even know why.  'I guess i'll just have to get him to start trusting me somehow. You can do this, Taeyong Hwaiting!'  he said to himself quietly, And soon after his thoughts cleared out the sweet spell of sleep soon fell upon his young eyes.

    Jaehyun woke up the next morning with an awful headache. Feeling as if someone was stabbing him in between the eyes with a knife and  feeling especially lonely that morning. Wishing his house didn't feel as empty as it did. Hoping just for once his mother would come down and hold him like before. But things  will never be how they were then and Jaehyun knows all too well that he'll always be alone in this world. Sitting there, mind racing, thoughts bouncing off each other like atoms in a molecule and Jaehyun thinks about getting a dog, putting his energy into caring for it instead of wasting it on feeling bad for himself.  So he gets dressed, puts his coat, a beanie and a scarf on and heads out the door. Hoping the crisp fall air will cleanse his soul and rid his inner demons.

  Taeyong for the first time in 2 years is running late for work and wants to blame it on Jaehyun for taking control of his thoughts the whole night. Though he knew it was definitely his own fault. He runs out the door forgetting about how harsh the weather is getting but he can't turn back now if he wants to make it to work on time so he rushes to work in a t- shirt and jeans only, 'I really am an idiot' Taeyong tells himself as a cold chill of autumn air sends a chill down his spine. Stepping into the warm cafe Making it with 2 minutes to spare, he thanks the forces above for being on his side today. 

  Jaehyun goes to the pet shop and looks around at all of the puppies, One puppy in particular, a siberian husky, looks right at him and it instantly reminds Jaehyun of a certain silver haired someone's piercing eyes and he can't help but want to take that one home. Temptation kicks in and he can't resist (Or doesn't want to but he'd never tell anyone that) so he does just that.

    As he walks home with his new friend, he sees the boy that overtook his mind earlier standing outside of a building, shivering, smoking a cigarette. He was about to walk away unnoticed, but Jaehyun for the life of him cannot fathom why the warmest thing Taeyong has on is most likely his hair and thinks maybe Taeyong isn't an angel, just an idiot. And he was more than annoyed by the fact that Taeyong was smoking. He normally doesn't care about what people do to themselves, they only have themselves to blame if things go wrong right? But he hates thinking Taeyong is ruining himself from the inside out with every inhale. So he walks over to him, takes the cigarette from his hand and steps on it. 

 "yah! what d-" Taeyong stops and looks up with wide eyes not expecting to see Jaehyun standing right in front of him. 

"J-Jaehyun?" 

"That's my name don't wear it out.  And why aren't you dressed properly? it's  56 degrees outside and smoking? seriously? are you a delinquent or something?" Jaehyun says with an irritated tone. Taking his Jacket off and putting it on Taeyong, Surprising both of them. Getting more and more flustered as time goes on without words just Taeyong's gaze directly on him Jaehyun unkowingly smiles knowing he finally did something nice for Taeyong but as quick as it appears, it disappears. Jaehyun mumbles a "Take better care of yourself next time, don't be an idiot and catch a cold" in an angry tone and quickly walks home. Leaving a speechless Taeyong with his coat and a confused mind.

   And so it begins..

 

 Hey guys, i'm sorry if I poorly wrote this chapter :( I'll try my best to write better in the future. I'd like to know, What's your favorite chapter so far and why ? Thank you for commenting. I love hearing feedback from you guys and I hope you enjoy the story so far! -Madi <3