CHAPTER 7 - Belief Only

The End In Sight

== Chapter 7 ==

 

                                                                                                       Belief Only                                                                                                      

== Jungkook

“How am I to understand this?” Jungkook felt furious, it was as if he had been stabbed in the back by someone who had been almost like a father figure to him for so long, - by someone whom he trusted enough with his own life.

 

“Calm down” the words came out, as if he was trying to simply calm a temperamental child, and Jungkook sneered in disgust.

“I trusted you and you what? You go and help him?”

 

“Do you really think he is the one Jungkook?” Myungsoo seemed upset now “I have watched the kid since the day he stepped into this darn place, and I could not find a single fault in that child. He only defends himself…-”

 

“Are you saying he’s innocent!? He’s a bloody murderer. He murdered my father, the person who you called your supposed best friend! You betrayed us… you betrayed me

 

“No matter what you say Jungkook, you are here. You are here because you had your suspicions. If you wanted him dead, you could have easily gotten someone else to do it-”

 

“I’m here because I wanted to kill him myself, with my own hands” Jungkook argued back, not wanting to give a chance for the other to finish his words.

 

“And why haven’t you yet?” Myungsoo questioned, “Tell me Jungkook, why is Jimin still alive?”

 

Myungsoo didn’t seem upset anymore, instead it was something of a self-assured look, as if he had figured out something that Jungkook was yet to figure out for himself.

 

More than the others question, he felt surprised by the struggle he felt in answering Myungsoos question, and he hesitated for a moment.

“Because I want to make him suffer first…”

 

It was a lie; he didn’t know why he was waiting this long for. He planned this out differently.

 

He waited until he was old enough, to get sent to the same prison. He had to pull strings, bribe and manipulate people in order to make it all happen.

 

Being a minor he would have been sent to a minor’s detention centre, so he had no choice but to wait until he became of adult age. In the mean-time he made sure no-one had killed Jimin, just beat him up and made him suffer.

 

“Jimin is not someone whose capable of such brutal crime as to what was done to your father” Myungsoo spoke up, his voice calm, as if knowing what Jungkook was thinking in his head.

 

“Why are you defending him!? You’re meant to be on my side, not on his. Was my father not your friend? Am I nothing to you!?”

 

He felt stupid, suddenly even for him, his temperament seemed silly, but he couldn’t stop himself. Even if he doubted a slightest bit that Jimin was the murderer, there wasn’t any real evidence of the others innocence either.

 

“Jungkook…” Myungsoo called out almost painfully, as if deeply hurt by Jungkooks words.

 

=

 

The conversation with Myungsoo annoyed him and even more, got him thinking of all that he has been doing here so far. Nothing he had done felt like it served his purpose or the plan for coming here. To tell the truth, appearance wise so far, he did not feel like the kid was capable of carrying the crime that he was accused of, - but… you can never trust one’s appearance or actions. Some people are born actors, - and Jimin just might be one of them.

 

He had to change his tactics. He had to make the other miserable, to make him suffer and then kill him, in the same way as Jimin had killed.

 

 

== Jimin

It was time for the evenings roll call, and everyone had began returning to their cells, including Jungkook, who froze for a second upon seeing him, clearly studying the bandage on his forehead, before glancing at his eyes and walking over to throw his own body into the bottom bunk bed.

He didn’t ask a single question, so Jimin could only assume he knew, if anything, he may have even seen it all like last time, but decided to act oblivious.

 

-

 

It was strange.

 

He felt something move around him. At first he thought it was his headache returning and he was once again confused by his surroundings, until he felt a hand, - it’s fingers curling tightly around his neck, making his eyes snap wide open in fright, at the realisation that this was real.

 

“Shh” he felt the hot breath at the side of his right ear. It was Jungkook. Fairly obvious when it was only two of them sharing this single cell. Jungkook was sat on top of him, leaning his body over his, one hand resting by Jimins head for support, as the other remained curled around his neck, and his lips whispering into Jimins ear.

 

“You do remember what I’m in for right?” Jungkook warned, “Murder is nothing compared to what I can do to you, so stay quiet, I’m only here to warn you this time”.

 

He wanted to push the other off, but he felt his body frozen in fear, - it was far too sudden and unexpected, and he doubted he could do anything with his head still causing him much discomfort. The tablets he was given earlier for his injury weren’t much of a help either, as he felt drowsy, barely able to focus on Jungkook fully.

 

Jungkook withdrew his head, now sitting upright, as his fingers around Jimins neck lingered for a while longer, as they stared each other in the eyes, before Jungkook finally swung his leg over and climbed down, - as if nothing ever happened.

 

What was this?

                                                                                   AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

None...