CHAPTER 4 - Screaming Murder

The End In Sight

 

== Chapter 4 ==

 

                                                                                                       Screaming Murder                                                                                                      

== Jimin

Hiding his fear had become something of a daily habit. He knew what such emotion would be seen as in the other’s eyes, - an invitation, an invitation to torment him further, to jeer at his reactions and see him fall apart. He wasn’t one to break so easily, and although it was difficult at the beginning to hide his true feelings, countless attempts from those bastards had taught him better.

 

However, even if he was great at hiding his fear and emotions, it didn’t mean he couldn’t feel them, as his hand pressed onto the wall shakily for support, before sliding down as his knees gave out. He knew he couldn’t truly hide anywhere in this rotten place, but there were few quieter, and less eye-catching places Jimin had sought out in moments of need.

 

Behind buildings, or as far from anyone else as he could, where he could afford to relax even the slightest bit, where shaking in fear wouldn’t be so obvious, and where allowing fear to show on his face could not be clearly seen by others.

 

Today was scary as any other day here. The only difference might have been the newcomers help, - although Jimin couldn’t help feeling that it wasn’t a deliberate attempt or intention the other had from a get go.

 

‘Theft and ’

 

He recalled the others words. Someone who was capable of someone and ending up in jail, was no better than those scumbags who made their attempts at Jimin over his year here. He was scared of what could have possibly happened, and just the same he was scared having walked beside the guy who he was supposed to share his cell with.

 

“Beat them good?” A familiar voice startled, yet soothed him in seconds.

 

“Have I ever not?” He replied, with a faint grin, that got mirrored back onto the others face.

 

“It might get tougher here” The short grey haired man said, looking somewhat concerned, as he stared into the distance before attempting to sit down beside Jimin, with Jimin extending his hand for the other to hold onto as a support.

 

“I know” Jimin agreed, watching the wrinkles on the elderly mans face deepened, followed by a sigh. Jimin knew this was a start of something worse, - something that he probably wasn’t able to yet grasp or comprehend.

 

==Jungkook

It was lunch time. Had he known what the food would be like here, he felt like he may have had second thoughts about whether it was worth getting himself here to do the job himself, rather than easily hiring someone else for the job.

 

“It looks like something that was thrown up” He makes the remark, as he stares at his food in utter disgust. Everything seemed like a mush of some sort and dull in colour, - as if someone had thrown bunch of leftovers into one pot and had boiled it to the point where it would hopefully become safe to eat.

 

Jimin was sat at the furthest corner, by himself, although there were few others seated on the same long desk, further away from him. He contemplated. Should he sit by him, or just go sit next to the guys he knew?

 

It was a tough decision, but he ended up standing on the opposite side of the table, facing the other, as he dropped his tray on the table as if to show how disgusted he felt about it.

 

“Is this what it’s always like?” Jungkook complained, as he proceeded to sit down, still studying his food in disgust, not able to imagine how he was to attempt eating it.

 

“Mmm” Came a hum from Jimin, who didn’t bother moving his eyes away form his own food, - and Jungkook found himself glaring with the same disgust at the other, as he just had at his food. Was he ignoring him, as if he was mightier than Jungkook?

 

“Ever get used to this taste?” Jungkook continued to blab on, waiting for some sort of reply from the other, - testing if the other was willing to reply to him at all, as the other finally stopped eating and looked up with a stern expression.

 

“No” came the short reply, as he slightly shook his head, and within seconds Jimins gaze was back on his food, as Jungkook continued to stare.

 

“Man of a few words I see” Jungkook made the comment, with a somewhat judging tone and a calculating expression.

 

== Jimin

It was evening and they were back at their cells. He couldn’t express how uncomfortable he felt with the other around.

 

He felt intimidated by the others presence during lunch, and now that same presence had followed him back to here, - where he had been able to relax the most, but not anymore.  

 

== Jungkook

It was hard to read the other, and even harder to understand. Maybe their characters were the complete opposite, but it felt like the other was seeing him as some sort of child, craving his attention and it annoyed him.

 

“So I’m your first roo-, cellmate?” It was an odd question even for him to ask, but it was something he was curious about. A whole year, and not even one cellmate?.

There was no such luck in a prison like this. Jungkook never bothered to even make a request to make such thing happen, so who did?

 

“Mmm”

 

Again, that stupid hum of agreement.

 

“Are your replies always this short?” He asked, expecting that same hum.

 

“Mmm”. Came another reply from Jimin, and he wasn’t even surprised by it, till something dark shot into his head, and he found himself saying the words, without actually fully thinking through of what he was truly asking here.

 

“Is murdering someone fun?”

 

“M-”

 

Jimin had cut himself short in seconds.

 

There was a thick silence in the air, one that was felt by both of them, and neither spoke a word further.

 

== Jimin

The ceiling had never looked better, and he could only assume that was the reason behind staring at it in the middle of night. He was sure Jungkook wasn’t sleeping either, judging by the unsteady sound of the others breathing. It felt as if the other was raging in his own thoughts, yet trying to stay still, - trying to control himself.

 

‘Is murdering someone fun?’

 

The question rang in his head. Well, was it?

 

The sight is one that’s definitely disgusting, and one that has stayed carved in his memory. It was something that made Jimins guts turn as he watched upon the mascaraed off mess that the room had been turned into. Blood. So much blood, which was a new sight for Jimin, and the smell was-

 

He snapped back to present, at the feel of his stomach twist, and something rise in his throat. He needed to throw up, but he just forcefully swallowed it down, feeling the sick acidic feeling now lingering deep in his throat and mouth, as he held his palm over his mouth dreadfully, feeling the cold sweat form on his body.

 

-

           

 

It was morning, and as per usual it was signalled by the yelling of the prison guards. Again, he had woken up late to what was normal before Jungkook had joined him in this small room. He didn’t know when he finally fell asleep, but he knew it wasn’t for much, feeling awfully sleepy and tired. He lazily got off the top bunk, his feet meeting the floor with a light sound.

 

“Uh” He felt himself jump in surprise upon seeing Jungkooks face right next to him.

 

The other looked awful, - so to say, as if he had only slept the slightest bit like Jimin, or even worse, as if he hadn’t slept at all.

                                                                                   AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

An Update!

Sorry that it took me a while to write this chapter!

Thank you again for commenting and subscribing to this story!