CHAPTER 6 - Paranoia

The End In Sight

== Chapter 6 ==

 

                                                                                                       Paranoia                                                                                                      

== Jungkook

Laundry.

 

Never did he imagine having to do the laundry, and even more that of over hundreds of dirty prison uniforms, that reeked and looked filthy from top to bottom.

 

Jungkook was part of a group that was to separate the laundry and other personal clothes.

 

“The is this?” he pulled on some pink silk like fabric, only to quickly let go of it in disgust.

 

“Someone’s treasure” the prisoner next to him laughed, in a sick manner, or so it looked to Jungkook. Keeping a womens underwear, for their own happy time was one, but what they did with it and with what kind of hands they have been touching it was another.

 

Filthy. This place was simply too filthy for him.

 

Jimin was across the huge and tall room, having come in to collect the freshly washed laundry in order to hang it up outside to dry.

 

It all seemed as normal as it could, when the few recognised faces looked at each other with that signalling grin that Jungkook caught on, - something was going to happen.

 

He was right. Soon after Jimin left, the bunch followed along. As if it was an instinct he found himself tagging along, not far from the ty erted bunch. Its only obvious the other would attempt to defend himself against this lot, compared to the ones Jungkook has sent to beat Jimin. He felt the need to witness it happen, - to confirm it once again.

 

-

                                     

He watched as they gathered, and he felt himself squinting his eyes, - couldn’t Jimin hear the bunch approach him? They were walking towards Jimin pretty loudly, not even trying to hide their presence.

 

Within seconds his eyes widened, as he noticed a wooden bat in one of their hands, approaching Jimin from behind who as if oblivious of their presence just continued to fix the just hanged bed sheet on the line.

 

Without fully realising it, he stepped out, ready to shout something to the other, - to warn him, but he knew it was too late when he watched the other swing it full force to the back of Jimins head.

 

The bark of pain was loud, - as he watched Jimin fall forward, one hand shooting back to hold onto the just hit place and another grabbing uselessly at the hanged sheet, which slid down to the floor along with Jimin himself.

 

The bunch laughed and sneered, and somehow it made Jungkook feel disgusted by the sight.

 

“Our little pay back princess” he said, rubbing at the side of his arm, where one of the swings from the hammer that Jimin was wielding previously must have hit him.

 

Jimin didn’t say anything, he only continued to wince in pain, still with his back towards them, as he remained kneeling on the floor. Jungkook watched the red liquid drip on the freshly washed and clean sheets, that were quick to pick up on the colour, - bringing out it’s richness against the once white, now worn out grey stained sheets.

 

Jungkook only assumed this was the warning they had for Jimin, but before he realised, the other had prepared for a second swing.

“Stop” a familiar voice commanded, and the bunch turned to their side, and Jungkook felt himself frozen in place.

 

“Leave before I call the guards” the old man continued, as the others moaned in disappointment and annoyance at the others sudden appearance.

 

“Myungsoo” Jungkook mouthed the name, which tasted of betrayal now, - as he watched the other walk up to Jimin, who continued the kneel still.

“You’re ok kid?” Myungsoo asked, and the other slightly shook his head, stopping his motion in seconds and wincing again.

 

“Let’s go to infirmary” he said, reaching for the others side, in order to help Jimin to get up. Their eyes met at some point.

Myungsoo was staring back at him, but there was no change in his expressions, no words said to explain this situation, - no words to deny this betrayal, as Jungkook stood there still wide eyed and watched the two males back slowly disappear before his sight.

 

== Jimin

He felt the sharp pain at the back of his head, falling forward by the unexpected force and desperately in vain clinging for support onto the loose worn out sheet, perfectly knowing it was a useless attempt.

 

How did this happen, when he was usually so good at this stuff? He always had his guard up and as if paranoid always kept an eye of his surroundings, but yet here he was, kneeling on the ground, watching his own blood from the back of his head drip down and stain the freshly washed bed sheet. Pathetic.

 

He heard the sickly familiar voice, but not the actual words, they came as a blurry sound. His head felt like it was spinning, and before he knew it, Myungsoo was at his side, again, only a blur of a familiar voice, and he couldn’t bring himself to say a word back to the other.

 

-

 

He woke up with a horribly sharp pain and a headache, and painfully blinding white walls around him.

 

“Argh” he cried in pain, his hand shooting up to his head, to meet some sort of fabric that was wrapped around his head, - feeling his other hand being bound to the metal bedframe by the cold metal handcuff on his wrist.

 

“Stay still will you” a nagging voice said, as she got up from wherever that she was sat. “He’s up, you can take him” she shouted the words, and soon the door opened, and a guard entered.

 

“Let’s go”

 

-

 

He laid in his bed, back at his cell. He must have been out for a few good hours, finally getting to sleep in peace, which brought him back to the bandage that was around his forehead, his fingertips lightly running over the soft fabric. This would have never happened before, and it just had, - it was due to Jungkook that he was so out of his usual sharpness.

 

Thinking of that kid, he was still not here. Jimin had a couple of hours left before all of the prisoners would be brought back for the evening, - a couple of hours to rest.

 

Due to Jungkooks presence in this cell, he couldn’t fall asleep at night, and even when he did, he would wake up at random times, feeling restless before falling back to sleep, and then getting harshly woken up by the morning round call from the prison guards. As a result, he began spacing out, getting distracted too easily and losing awareness of his surroundings. It was too hard for him to ignore the others presence here, when he felt like the other was continuously keeping an eye on him.

 

He knows their eyes met that time that he was getting beaten up, behind one of the buildings. He knows it was the other, and it only confirmed the fact that the time that the other helped him was just as he suspected to be unintentional. At that time Jungkook was only protecting himself, and they just so happened to be fighting the common enemy.

 

Jungkook as a whole was too hard to read, - his character and actions felt to contradict in oddest of ways, and it made Jimin uneasy and wary of him. Just who was he?

 

                                                                                   AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

An update!

Sorry if i take too long!!