CHAPTER 1 - The Lock

The End In Sight

== Chapter 1 ==

 

                                                                                                       The Lock                                                                                                      

Everything around him seemed familiarly, yet unusually cold, - from the dull grey walls that had him entrapped in this plain looking room, to the cold metal framed bunk bed, concealed with grey and white covers to fit the overall dark theme of the room.

 

It had finally sunk into him that he was really here.

 

He was really here, alone… in prison.

 

-

“Park Jimin, you are sentenced to 10 years in prison for…”

-

 

=

 

“Get up” A fed up voice called out, making his attention snap towards the door, and he quickly stands to his feet, arms set to rest on both of his sides and his back straight as if he was a soldier, -  yet his eyes lowered to the floor, fully used to this kind of daily setting.

 

“You’re getting a cellmate” The guards voice further proceeds to speak, as Jimin listens to the keys jingling from the motion created by the lock to his cell being unlocked, and he finds himself looking up for the first time in a while, confused by the words that he had just heard.

 

“Can’t have you here feeling like you’re in your own little hotel suite” The mans voice turned noticeably mocking, followed by a small chuckle, he must have thought he was being clever, - as he opened the door, their eyes meeting for a second, before Jimins eyes traced further and beyond to the figure that was standing behind the prison guard.

 

“Go on, number 7845” The guards voice grew dull again, as he stepped aside to make way for the new prisoner behind him, - revealing a tall figure, whose eyes were now directly looking back at Jimins. They were filled with darkness and anger, that was clearly visible and Jimin felt his stomach drop. 

 

The younger man stepped in. From Jimins quick observation the other seemed at least a couple of years younger than himself, although the others built seemed far more developed than his own. Jimin was masculine himself, but it couldn’t compare to the other. The newcomer was far much taller than he was, - he must have looked like a child in comparison to the younger one.

 

He knew that he himself was on a shorter side, although he was fit with masculine built, he was still on the skinnier side. However, despite it all, he knew how to defend himself, as he has for the past year.

 

He observed the other cautiously, feeling anxiety and fear wash over him. The man before him was still openly glaring at him, and Jimin could feel something close to disgust and hatred in the other’s eyes and expression.

 

He was already broken apart in fear here by himself, struggling to survive each and every day and now having someone else with him in this already small room made him scared of how much longer he could keep up with before finally breaking apart and giving in.

=

 

It was silent, apart from the sound of their breathing. He was so used to hearing only his own breathing bounce from these walls, that having someone else breathe so close beside him felt almost noisy. There was always some sort of noise in a distance in this kind of place, but never this close to him for the past year.

 

There was a sudden shift below, and his eyes darted at the direction of the noise. He listened carefully for any further noise, but there was nothing. He knew he was feeling paranoid, and the fact that he was planning to stay awake through the whole night sounded stupid to himself, but he couldn't risk letting himself to be broken so quickly.

 

-

 

“What are you in for?” the voice said, as if perfectly knowing that Jimin was still fully awake, despite Jimin taking the greatest of care not to make any noise, and even trying to hush his own breathing.

 

It took him a while, to decide whether he should answer the question or not, and at this point the newcomer must of thought that he was sleeping anyway, but Jimin would rather having to say the words in darkness and not having to face someone directly in day light whiles saying them out loud with his own mouth, and even more maybe letting the other know the reason why he was here, would give the other a caution and a warning not to mess with Jimin.

 

“Murder” he said the words flatly, and he could swear he heard a grunt from the other.

 

-

“…murder. You are to carry out the full time without any probation due to the malicious nature of your crime.”

The loud voice echoed through the room, and through his mind. It didn’t feel real. It was too sudden and overwhelming. The shouting and crying around him, as the uproar rose through the room, and he didn’t know where to look, his eyes darting between the crowd of people, as two pairs of hands grabbed both of his arms, and he felt a pull. They were leading him away through the door, to the place he was to stay locked in for the next 10 years.

-

 

“You?” Jimin brought up the words, although feeling reluctant to hear the answer, in case it was something just as bad as his own crime.

 

“Theft and ” The voice said coldly, - not a hint of remorse or regret in his words and Jimin felt shivers going through his whole body.

 

This was only the beginning of sleepless nights.

 

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

 

So here's Chapter One/1!

I know, it doesn't seem like much is happening in this chapter,

but it's only the start!

I hope you will enjoy this story!

Thank you!<3