BEAST and the overprotective brother

:: Something More ::

::::::::::::


"Jae Min, this is BEAST and their manager. They're curious about you so is it alright if they stay here while you and Eli record your title track?" Jae Wook asked and I nodded. They went to sit down as I put on the headphones. Eli followed suit and we started to record.


After a half hour of recording, rerecording, editing, joking around with BEAST and Eli, we finally finished recording my debut track. Haneul told me that I would start rehearsing the dance in 2 days and that I have the next 2 days off but that I have to visit the company sometime tomorrow so I could have a full tour of the building and meet 4minute and the other trainees.

"Hey, Jin! Let's hang out tomorrow!" Ki Kwang slung his arm around my neck, calling me by my nickname. I laughed as Eli glared at Ki Kwang who removed his arm from my neck and backed away from me.

"Chill out, Eli. He doesn't mean it in any special way, okay?" I told him in English so that the guys wouldn't understand.

"But still, he shouldn't be so close since you guys just met." He replied, frowning, making me laugh even more.

"You know, some people are friendly and their attentions are strictly friendly." I pointed out and laughed when he pouted.

"Fine, you win this round." He admitted. I cheered and then burst into laughter at the guys' confused expression since Eli and I were conversing in English.

"Okay, Kwang. We'll hang out. Here, give me your number and I'll give you mines.." I pulled out my phone which Haneul had given to me as a welcoming present to Korea. Ki Kwang's expression lit up along with the other members. All of them pulled out their phones and fought over who gets my number first and who gets to enter their number first. I laughed at their childishness.

"Here, let's fix this." I took all of their phones, entered my number in all of theirs and added their numbers to mine. I gave their phones back and chuckled at their befuddled expressions.

"It was faster and easier than all this." I told them, emphasizing on 'this' and waving my hand around, indicating the chaos that happened. We all burst out laughing. They then exchanged numbers with Eli and we parted ways.

:::::::::::::::::::

As Eli and I drove back to the dorm, he and I were texting BEAST who immediately started texting us the minute we left. I chuckled at Yoseob's text which is filled to the brim with cuteness. I peered over at Eli who was texting Jun Hyung, telling him to make sure that when BEAST and I were going to hang out, Ki Kwang stays away from me.

I chuckled and returned to texting Yoseob. Once I had texted Yoseob, I texted Jun Hyung quickly so that Eli wouldn't notice and told him that Eli was a pabo so he shouldn't worry and that if Eli was bothering him a lot, he just has to text me and I'll "take care" of Eli. I chuckled and put my phone away in time since we just arrived at the dorm.

The minute Eli and I stepped inside the dorm, I was tackled into a hug by Dongho.

"Noona!" He cried and buried his head in my shoulder. I chuckled and patted his head.

"What's wrong, Dongho?" I asked curiously, looking around the room at a grumpy Kevin and two rolling-on-the-floor-laughing type O's (Kibum and Alexander). I noticed that neither Kiseop or Soohyun was present in the living room.

"Oh! Jae Min! Don't worry about him, how did recording go?" Kevin perked up and asked me, changing the subject quickly. I chuckled at his quick reaction.

"It went pretty well. I love my title track, it was actually a song I wrote when I was training back in the States. Oh, and we also met BEAST." I smiled at Kevin who smiled back. "But back to the subject, what were you guys talking about before Eli and I got here?" I directed the question to all of them, giving them 'the eye,' demanding an answer.

"Nothing. Just trying to find out who Kevin's crush is." Alexander replied dully but I knew better. He had a smirk on his face and Kevin's face flared from Alexander's question.

"I told you! I don't have a crush!" Kevin protested and Eli then jumped in.

"Yes, you do! You said so on Pops In Seoul!" He pointed out and Kevin pouted.

"I said I had crush! Not anymore, though!" Kevin emphasized on 'had' and I laughed.

"Ah, boys. Just leave Kevin alone. You're making him turn red." I commented and Kevin blushed even more. We all burst out laughing, Kevin included, and laughed even more when a confused Kiseop and Soohyun entered the room.

::::::::::::

The next day, I slept in and woke up with everyone already up. I got up, changed for the day that I would hang out with BEAST and drop by Cube, and headed out into the living room to find everyone talking quietly. They all quieted down when I entered the room. I raised an eyebrow at their guilty faces.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked all of them, giving them 'the eye.' All of them gulped and looked at Eli who looked even more nervous than ever.

"N-nothing at all. Go back to sleep, Jae." He stuttered out and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Why was he stuttering?

Was U-Kiss planning something behind my back?

I shrugged the suspicion off, knowing that it probably won't be something bad since we're on TV.

"Nah, I'm going to head out soon. I gotta head up to the co and then I'm going to hang out with some friends." I told Eli in code and he nodded, understanding what I meant. U-Kiss's manager didn't want to reveal on that I was a Cube trainee so we had to talk in code about my training and company.

"Do you want some breakfast? We already had breakfast and we saved some for you. It's fried kimchi rice." Kibum asked me and I shook my head.

"Nah, it's alright. I'll probably eat out with my friends." I smiled at him and he smiled back tenatively.

"Noona, here." Dongho came up to me and gave me a scarf and earmuffs. I smiled at his concern.

"Thanks, Dongho." I smiled at him and he smiled back. The rest of U-Kiss relaxed and started to talk to each other. Eli came over to me while I put on my boots and coat. He handed me the scarf and earmuffs that Dongho gave me while putting on his shoes as well. We said goodbye to the rest of U-Kiss and Eli walked with me to the door of the apartment building.

"Take care of yourself and have fun, okay? And if any of them try to make a move on you, text me and I'll be there within minutes." Eli instructed me and I laughed.

"Geez, you're so overprotective, oppa." I told him and he glared at me for a bit before smiling at me.

"I'm just worried. Be safe, okay?" I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and waved to him as I went outside of the apartment building. I took the bus to the company to be greeted by Haneul unnie and five rather familiar faces.

::::::::::