Recording

:: Something More ::
:::::::::::

After dinner, U-Kiss and I played games, fooled around, chatted, watched TV, and finally, now went to sleep.

I smiled, hugging Eli who practically passed out when he reached the bed.

It was like when we were younger.

I was always scared of thunder storms when I was a kid so Eli would come into my room and sleep with me so that I wouldn't be as scared.

I listened to his deep breathing and sighed.

He must have been tired from having so many schedules and never getting a break.

I brushed his bangs aside and smiled. I was proud of him becoming an idol, what he always dreamed of, even if it was a stressful and busy life.

And now, it was my turn to make him proud.

::::::::::

The next morning, I woke up early because I had to go meet my manager at the company I had auditioned for in the States.

Everyone was asleep when I left. I cooked some breakfast for them and left them a note, saying where I was.

I hailed a cab and drove all the way to Cube Entertainment where there was someone waiting for me.

I paid the driver and smiled at the person waiting who smiled back with open arms.

I ran up to her and hugged her.

"Haneul unnie! It's been so long since we've seen each other!" I said excitedly and she laughed.

"Oh, come on, Jin. It's only been about 2 weeks." She scowled but smiled at my excitement. Jin was a nickname, she combined Jae and Min.

"Ready to meet the president of Cube Entertainment?" She teased and I scowled.

"Unnie, stop it. You're making me nervous." I pouted and she laughed.

"Alright, alright. Let's get going." She said and led me through the building.

As we walked, I spotted some open practice rooms with people already in them. Haneul noticed that I was looking at them.

"Those are the practice rooms for the trainees. The practice rooms for the idols are in the other hallway next to this. Come on, we should hurry." She told me and we soon approached the office.

She opened the door, beckoning me in. I thanked her and went in. She closed the door behind her and stood next to me.

Before me, was the president of Cube Entertainment.

::::::::::::::

"Jae Min is your Korean name and Elizabeth is your English name, correct?" He said, reading from the file and looking up at me for verification. I nodded.

"Well, since you've done most of your training back in the States, we, the board, have decided that you will debut in about 2 months. We have not fully decided which tracks you are to sing but we will choose them soon. However, we have already decided your title track." He informed me and I smiled.

"Haneul, if you will please lead her to the studio so she can start recording as soon as she can." He gestured towards Haneul and she smiled.

"Come, Jin. Let's go." She indicated towards the door and we were on our way to the studio.

When we arrived there, I received a list of possible track and my title track. I was stunned.

It was one of the songs I had written while training back in the States called 'Dream'.

Haneul smiled. "So, do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" I exclaimed and hugged her tightly. She laughed and ruffled my hair. I let her go, pouted, and fixed my hair.

"We also added a rap to it. Your brother is going to help you with your debut by featuring in your song!" Haneul added, excited. I squealed.

"Eli?! Really?! Does he know?" I asked. I was as excited as Haneul was. She shook her head and smiled.

"Not yet. We just decided it a couple of days ago. We told his entertainment about the idea and they agreed so they're going to tell him today, I think." She informed me and I jumped in the air.

"So when are we starting to record?" I asked her and she tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"Today, we hope. But for now, listen to the instrumental, see how the piece works and fits with it, listen to how the melody goes, and then we'll record it. Hopefully we can finish the recording today." She summed up our schedule for today.

A staff member then came up to her and whispered something in her ear. She instantly grinned and nodded.

"Seems like Eli just got the news." She smiled at me and I jumped for joy.

"He'll be coming later though." She added and I pouted, my joy was very short. A man in his late thirties came in and shook hands with me.

"Jae Min, I assume? I'm Lee Jae Wook and I am your writer or composer, whichever you like to call it for your debut album. Now let's get to work." He said with a smile and we went into the studio to listen and record my new album.

:::::::::::::

As I recorded my other tracks, I smiled when I thought about the title track.

Eli would be helping me debut by doing the rapping in my songs.

I wrapped up recording my other tracks which was about 3 and started to memorize the lyrics of my title track.

It was about a dream.

A dream about being #1.

A dream about making a difference in the world through music.

That was the first verse.

The second verse was about a dream to help people.

To communicate to people through music.

To give them hope, peace, and love.

I smiled sadly, trying to hold back the tears as the memories came back.

I wrote this song for my best friend who died.

I wrote it for her and her dream.

She always told me how much she wanted to achieve this dream.

That it was the only thing that drove her. The only thing that kept her alive.

A tear slid down my cheek silently.

I was living in her dream now.

This was her dream and she couldn't be here.

:::::::::::::