Dream

:: Something More ::
:::::::::::::

// Flashback //

"Unnie, why do you practice so much? You should worry about your health as well as your vocal cords. If you practicing singing too much, you could get vocal cordoritis." I pointed out and she laughed.

"Vocal cordoritis? There is no such thing, Mae." Hee Young smiled at me. Mae was a nickname for me that only Hee Young could call me.

"Yes there is! I just don't know the right name for it!" I pouted and she pinched my cheeks.

"My dongsaeng is so cute!" She exclaimed and I blushed. I batted away her hands and she laughed.

"But unnie, why do you practice so much?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Because I love music. I love singing and dancing. It's fun and it's my life. Music is my life. And I want to show people how much I enjoy music and how much I love it. I want to show other people how great music is." She explained and I tilted my head in confusion.

"I also like music because I can use it to connect to people. You know that I play the cello and the piano. When I play the cello in orchestra, it feels good to know that there are other people out there that enjoy playing music as well. So that's why I practice everyday." She told me and sighed.

"You're too young to understand but you will when you get older." She patted my head and smiled at my cuteness.

// End of flashback //

I sighed.

She was right.

I didn't understand back then.

I didn't like practicing. I would skip dance and vocal practices and go on the computer instead.

But I was young then. I was only 11 then and she was 13.

But as I grew older, I finally understood why.

Dance practices were fun and all those vocal lessons paid off.

I even took up the violin, cello, and piano because of Hee Young.

Sometimes, Hee Young and I would play duets and help each other with the orchestra music.

We had fun making music. We would even write some songs and pieces.

But I was too late in stopping her.

She committed suicide a few months after her parents confronted her, saying that they didn't support her dream after they found out that she auditioned into Cube.

When they found her body, a letter was clutched in her hand.

It was addressed to me.

It read:

Dear my favorite dongsaeng, Jae Min,

I'm sorry it had to come to this but I can't take this anymore.

It hurts, knowing how much this will affect you but I believe that you'll be able to succeed me.

Even though you hated dance practices and vocal lessons before, as you grew older, you started to understand why I loved music and I'm happy for you.

You caught on pretty fast and I'm impressed. I was extremely happy when you took up the cello.

Even though we're 3 years apart, I felt as if you were my twin sister. You and music were the only things that kept me living, that drove me.

But now that my parents don't support me in my dream anymore, my love for music has fallen short.

I don't know what to do now. Even though you were still there to support me, my parents' support meant everything to me and now, it just hurts that I don't have it anymore.

I'm sorry but I hope you'll understand later on in the future.

Love,

Hee Young

:::::::::::

I cried when I had gotten the note and cried terribly at the funeral.

Being her best friend and sister, I played her favorite song on the cello at the funeral in memory of her.

Her parents apologized to her and me as well, saying that they should have been better parents and supported her.

They didn't understand her passion for music but it was too late when they did.

They also said that they would support me in my dream to becoming an idol because her dream was passed onto me.

I cried even more when they said this but gladly accepted their support. Throughout the years of training I did in the States, they were like my 2nd parents.

And now, here I was, at Cube Entertainment in South Korea, recording my first mini album.

And this was all for her.

I miss you, Hee Young.

I wish it was you standing by me, recording along with me.

I wish that you were still here and we could have formed a group together.

I wish that we could have been able to play the piano, violin, and cello together one last time.

I wish that we could have trained together, lived in a door together, and debuted together.

I wish I could stop wishing for things that would never happen.

::::::::::::::::::::

I looked down at my script that contained my title track, not bothering to open it since I knew all the words by heart.

I wrote them with sincerity, love, and sadness. I already knew how the melody went because I actually created the songs and they just played around with it a bit.

I sang for a bit but paused and frowned. It had been a while.

I wonder, how am I going to be able to perform this without crying?

It was rather funny; Cube Entertainment is rather known for their pop idol groups. But now, they're letting a rookie debut with a soft pop track, almost like a ballad.

It would be hard but it would also be worth it.

Not to mention, Eli would also be there to help me. His rap lasted throughout the whole song so he would be with me on stage.

I smiled as it gave me more confidence.

I continued to sing with a smile on my face, unaware of 6 special people watching me from the back.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

After a while of practicing my debut track, Eli finally arrived at the studio.

I jumped up from my chair and hugged him happily. He chuckled but hugged back.

"I just saw you yesterday. Missed me much?" He joked and I smacked his arm playfully. He laughed and soon, I joined.

"If only your reaction was like that yesterday." He commented wistfully and we burst out laughing again.

All the sudden, the door to the studio opened.

The members of BEAST, their manager, and my song writer, Jae Wook, came in.

:::::::::::::::::::