Heartbeat (by 2PM)

Thoughts of me and my J

I should be preparing now for my Breathe performance but here I am staring outside the building waiting for SeungHyun and SooJin to arrive. I should be preventing myself from seeing her. She’s already married and it would be bad to desire over my friend’s wife.

I saw a commotion just now outside. Maybe they’ve arrived already. As I peek unto the window, my heart jumped as I saw SooJin’s cheery face. She hasn’t changed a bit. She’s still beautiful as ever.  Her eyes were smiling. I smiled too. I remembered how I first realized that I love her.

From the car a familiar figure also went out. It’s SeungHyun. I must not forget that they’re married already. As I sneak a quick look outside, I instantly went back to my training room. I have gathered enough strength to start practicing.

*************************************************************************************

           “Annyong Haseyo! Annyong Haseyo!”

It’s been quite a long time since I stepped here at YG Building. I wonder what JiYong is doing right now.

           “Mrs. Choi, welcome back!”

I remembered that what everyone knows is that I and SeungHyun are married. I must not spoil my act or else it could ruin everyone’s reputation.

          “Kamsa Hamnida everyone!”

SeungHyun Oppa then took hold of my hands and wrapped it with his hands. He then pulled me inside the building.

           “SeungHyun Oppa. I guess I’m not that used anymore to having many people around me.”

           “That’s why I’m here to protect you.”

           “Ne! Thanks oppa!”

He will always be my oppa… ready to protect me always when needed.

           “Let’s go to your uncle’s office now.”

We got into the elevator and it went up. It suddenly stopped on 6th floor and I saw MinHa coming in talking to someone on the phone.

           “MinHa?”

MinHa smiled at us and said her goodbye to the one she’s talking on the phone.

           “SooJin-ah! I missed the sight of you here!”

When she finally noticed her brother grinning at her on my side,  “O-oppa! You’re here too! I thought you’re some kind of a mannequin there. Haha!”

           “Little sis, you just won’t stop mocking me, huh?”

They seemed happy. That’s good. I love happy people around me. It somehow takes away the soreness of my heart.

           “Oh sheez! I have to go to 12th floor so I’ll leave you here now. Oppa, take care of her, okay?”

Then she went out just like that. Before the elevator closed, I overheard the sound coming from the floor.

>A Boy by G-Dragon<

           “Wasn’t that JiYong’s single? He sounded great there! You know, he wrote that to commemorate his childhood.”

           “You really knew much about him.”

           “Certainly! He… he wrote that while were still together.”

Of course I have to go back to reality. Me and JiYong were now a history. We’ll never even have the chance to catch up to each other’s career when I pass away.

           “Well you’re still together. Remember, you just left him without a word so your break up is not official.”

How could he still remind me of that? SeungHyun Oppa! You’ve reminded me of my pain once again!

But in a way, he’s right. I never told Ji that I don’t love him. At that night, he stopped me from telling those 3-words lie. Just thinking about him makes me weak. What more if I could get a hold of his presence?

           “We’re here!”

We’re already inside uncle’s office. How did we get here and since when are we here already?

           “SooJin, SeungHyun take a seat!”

           “Oh uncle! Annyong Haseyo!”

           “You’re too occupied by your thoughts lately dear. I called you here because I want you to sing together with SeungHyun. The song is entitled ‘To act like nothing’s wrong’ and it will be included in Big Bang’s Hot Issue Album. So do you want it?”

Oh wow! My uncle is giving me an opportunity today. I should take it! Besides he already prevented me from attending my dance trainings. I am lucky enough to be given this chance.

           “I’ll definitely take it, uncle! Kamsa Hamnida!”

           “Good good! SeungHyun, teach her the song now and in 3 hours, go to the recording room for you to start.”

           “Ne. Kamsa Hamnida.”

*************************************************************************************


 

Am I supposed to laugh...

as if nothing's wrong

Each day passes by...

as if nothing's wrong

           “Eh… so this is the song.”

I can see her poignant eyes once again while she’s scanning the lyrics of the song. I thought that she wouldn’t get affected but just as I thought, she’ll definitely connect to the song.

           “I wrote that song.”

She looked up to me. She looked puzzled now. I wrote the song long before. I never thought that Mr. YG would see potentials in my writing.

           “Oohh TOP Oppa! This is really great. You have a hidden talent there. Okay. Teach me the song now.”

This session wouldn’t be easy. I’ll have to remind her of the pain once more.

*************************************************************************************


 

Hey, I haven't called you in awile.

I just called to say i'm sorry,

and for that I'm even more sorry

Honestly,I don't have anything to say,

So I'm just babbling

I was wondering how you have benn

"What do you want?You're drunk again aren't you?"

I don't want to hear it again

so i try hard to sound okay

You've become mute on the other side

Because of the random things i'm saying

What's so great about my crooked pride

(I want to run to you but still...)

It's so hard,but i try to act cool,

as if nothing's wrong

(If I could get rid of this affection

If I could get rid of this hatred)

Ma dear do you know you're all i have

I realized too late i'm sorry ma boo...

I stood by the recording room’s perimeter. I could hear SeungHyun’s rapping. They’re recording TOP’s single. So should I still enter? It’s just SeungHyun anyway. I bet SooJin’s still at the Practice room. And besides I’m not going to be too long inside. As I entered the room, the first one I saw was SeungHyun.

           “SeungHyun, what are you doing here?”

           “Oh Ji! Ahmm... I’m guiding SooJin’s singing.”

           “Hey Ji! You’re here too. I’m sure you missed SooJin already huh?”

           “Teddy-hyung. Why did you ask for me?”

           “Yeah! Give some love to the newly married couple!”


 

Am I supposed to laugh...

as if nothing's wrong

Each day passes by...

as if nothing's wrong


As if nothing's wrong

As if nothing's going on...

Memories of you I once tried to erase

Are starting to grow on me.

That voice is familiar. As I looked inside, I saw SooJin singing her part with her eyes closed and it looks like as if she really feels the song.


 

I need you, come back

I want to tell you truthfully

My heart's heavy fallin

Where are you

I can never forget our first date (Why?)

 Your birthday is still marked on my calendar

Oh no I don't believe

People are saying my laughter has died

There was a familiarity like long lost friends

We used to talk on the phone all night

How we have so many things to say back then

How are you doing

The promises I weren't able to

keep still clings to my heart

I worry about you a lot

I wonder if you stay awake at night like I do

and I feel sorry once again


You said it yourself

"You're too mean"

What's the problem?

I'm still trying to figure things out

Like an idiot my regrets came too late

(Where you at?)

If you leave what am I supposed to do?


Am I supposed to laugh...

as if nothing's wrong

Each day passes by...

as if nothing's wrong

I’m caught by the lyrics of the song. It exactly describes my feelings for her since she’s been gone.

When I looked at her once more, I saw her looking right through me. There was longing in her eyes telling me that she missed me. At the same time, it feels like she is unclothing my soul with her piercing eyes. Her look is upsetting me in a way because it makes me feel that I’m damaging her with my mere presence.



As if nothing's wrong

As if nothing's going on...

Memories of you I once tried to erase

Are starting to grow on me.


You're not different from the other guys

Why are you talking back everything you said before

Your future was more important to you

I did everything your way.

What do you want from me now?

It made me feel like I should blame myself instead. I can’t take it now.

I have to get away from her….