CHAPTER 5 - Take Satisfaction in Doing the Right Thing

YOU ARE YOUR CHOICES

5

"I will follow the right even to the fire – but avoiding the fire if possible." – Montaigne

 

--

It's been three weeks since Jennie last saw Lisa and she feels so worried about her. Even their manager was looking for Lisa.

"Did Lisa came here already?" the manager kept on asking her that same question for 3 weeks and she also kept on replying, "No Sir."

"Aww, where did she go though? Oh well, maybe she's on a vacation."

I hope so. Jennie thought to herslef.

--

After an hour, Jisoo and Rosé came into the café and Jennie use that opportunity to ask them about Lisa. But bad luck is on her side.

"Unfortunately, she's in Thailand right now. She didn't say when will she's coming back." Jisoo said.

"O-oh, really? I was really worried about her because she always came here every day, but it's been 3 weeks since I last saw her."

"Because she's in love with you girl---" Jisoo tried to stop Rosé on saying that but Jennie already heard it, AS CLEAR AS DAY.

She's in love with me? Jennie kept on repeating that question on her mind and her heart just instantly started beating extra fast. She put both her hands on her chest because she thinks her heart will jump out of her body. But her mind is contradicting to what her heart was saying.

"A-are you sure? I d-don't think she's in love with me. Yes, she keeps on teasing me but..."

"But what?" Jisoo said.

"I don't know, it's just---"

"I don't think she's going to do all of that effort to you every day if she's not in love with you. I mean, when we're hanging out at her place, all I can hear coming out from was 'Jennie is like..', 'Oh! Jennie liked that too...', 'Jennie', and more Jennie."

Jennie was surprised by all of this news she heard right now and her heartbeat is just going wild.

"But guess what, she's gonna get married tomorr--"

"What the are you doing Rosé?! You don't have to say it to her! Ugh, Lisa will kill us, literally." said Jisoo while massaging her temples.

And that's the time Jennie's heart just stopped beating. Like the world stopped revolving. She just got the news of Lisa being in love with her and now they're telling her she's going to get married tomorrow?

Jisoo found the blank expression on Jennie's face, that's why she decided to just tell her everything that happened to Lisa. Jennie didn't know what get into her, but she suddenly wants to get wasted that day. Every day, actually.

 

On the other part of the world, Lisa has been planning her escape plan from her parents' house for 3 weeks already. She's planning on getting her father's black credit card, since her parents confiscated her debit card and cash, thank God they didn't get her cell phone and she still can communicate with Jisoo and Rosé. She really needs to get back to Korea as soon as possible.

--

The night before her wedding day. She already got her plane ticket. Now, all she has to do is for her to escape their house. She really tried not to make any sounds because her parents are already sleeping next to her room. She thought she already got out of this mess when her fiancee suddenly appeared on her back.

"HOLY COW! You  scared the sh*t out of me!"

"What are you doing outside, though? Are you planning to escape?" said the guy to her.

"Yes, because I don't want to get married to someone I'm not in love with. Why? Are you planning to sabotage me and tell my parents about this?!" Lisa said in a whispering angry tone.

"Relax Lalisa, I will not do that. I'm actually here to help you. Come on, before your parents see us." He said as he got to his car. Lisa was stunned by what she just heard.

Is this true? He's going to help me?

"Hey Lalisa, we don't have much time. Come on."

"O-okay..." Lisa said as some water was forming now in her eyes. She runs towards his car and they just leave her parents' house.

"Thank you thank you thank you sooo much for doing this. It means a lot to me." Lisa said now crying with happy tears because of too much emotion she's feeling.

"My pleasure Lalisa, I already know from day 1 that you really don't like me..." said the guy in a very sad tone, disappointed written all over his face.

"I'm...I'm very sorry." Lisa said while looking outside, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, I get it. Don't worry about me. Since, that arrange marriage is very wrong. So I came to you to help you... to do the right thing."

 

--

A/N: Last chapter >< 

----------->