CHAPTER 4 - Stand on Your Own Two Feet

YOU ARE YOUR CHOICES

4

"Rely upon yourself." – The Buddha

 

--

Lisa suddenly feels nervous because her mom just called and she's demanding her to go to Thailand as soon as possible.

Is everybody okay? Did something wrong happened? I hope not.

After two days, she already got home to their house in Thailand and went straight to her parents' room.

"Mom! Dad! I'm here, what happened?!"

"Lalisa my child, I've missed you so much!" her mother told her while hugging her.

"Why did you call? Is there something wrong?"

"Well, nothing bad happened, but we're happy you accepted our invitation." his dad said and she instantly got all confused.

"What? Then what's with the sudden call mom? And what invitation? Mom, care to explain?" Lisa said facing her mother.

"I decided to call you in that tone to make sure you're really going home because we want you to meet your future husband." And with that, Lisa just lost it and have a nervous breakdown.

"Fu-future husband?"

"Yes, you're gonna get married next month." Now Lisa is having a headache because of what her mother just said.

"No mom! I'm not gonna marry someone I don't know!"

"That's why you're going to meet him tomorrow."

"But mom! I don't like boys, remember?!"

"I know, but I suddenly realize that our reputation will get stained if you're going to get married to a girl."

"And your reputation is more important than your daughters' happiness?" she said, almost crying because of this big revelation.

"Lisa, we're just concerned about your future. Don't be like this." Lisa's father said.

"No dad! You're not concerned about me, your money and reputation is more important to you---" Lisa's mother just slapped her that made her shocked.

"That's it! Your debit card will be cut off and you're not going back to Korea anymore."

And Lisa just runs to her room and cried and cried until she fall asleep because of tiredness.

--

The next day, she got prepared and meet her fiancee with her parents at their house. It was a nice meal with Manoban family. Eating delicious foods while telling each other's stories,laughing together. Lisa actually started liking the guy though. She thinks they're perfectly fit for each other.

And of course, none of these situations happened, it's more like of a silent-night dinner. And most of the time, Lisa will look at the guy fiercely that got him a little scared.

Her fiancee already left their house and her parents started scolding her.

"What's wrong with you? You keep on looking at him with an angry expression of yours!" said her mother.

"Lalisa, I know you're angry with us, but as least be nice and talk to him for a while to get to know him better. I assure you, he's a good guy, he'll take care of you."

"I don't need another person to take care of me, I can do it on my own."

 

--

A/N: Short update~~ The end is nearing >< 

and have you seen their 1st Look Magazine behind the scene??? all of them look so stunning, GORGEOUS even ♥.♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAHq01eL78

 

PLEASE READ MY NEW ONE-SHOT STORY OF JENLISA!!! ^^ TY ♥

----> Click HERE