Chapter 8

Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana stuffed her phone and wallet inside her beige Burberry handbag before walking out the front door of the Kim’s oversized estate. She slid into her white Mercedes, igniting the engine before driving away from the Kim’s Residence. As she came to a stop at the traffic lights, her phone started ringing. Reaching into her bag to retrieve her phone, her phone displayed the name of her fiancé.

“Morning, fiancé.” She answered, putting the phone on loudspeaker.

“Good morning, are you busy today?” Mark asked from the other end of the phone.

“My mum’s been nagging me to dye my hair to a normal colour for the wedding so I’m going to the salon right now. What’s up?” She continued to drive as the lights turned green.

“Are you driving right now? It’s not safe to drive and talk–”

“It’s okay I’m used to this. So are you going to tell me why you called?” Nana cut him off.

“Today is the day that–” Mark was once again cut off by the honking of car horns.

“GEEZ DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE?!” Nana raged.

Mark chuckled slightly from the other end as he heard Nana road rage before clearing his throat.

“Nana, just call me back when you can. It’s dangerous to talk while you drive.” He said before hanging up.

Nana dropped her phone back into her bag and drove to a popular hair salon.

 

 

Mark was in his office checking his emails on his MacBook when his secretary let Nana inside.

“Hey,” He looked up and smiled. “I like what you’ve done with your hair.”

“ThanksandsorryIdidn’tgettocallyouback. I forgottochargemyphonelastnightanditranoutofbatteryasIgottothesalon–” Nana rambled on.

“Nana, it’s fine. I understand.” Mark chuckled as he got up.

“Soooooooo, what did you have to say earlier?” She asked looking at him.

“My grandfather,” Mark started as he slid his phone into his pocket. “Is getting discharged from hospital today so I was going to ask you if you would come with me to pick him up?”

“OHOFCOURSE. I’MSOSORRYIWOULD’VEGONETOTHESALONANOTHERDAYIFIKNEW–” She rambled on again.

Mark placed a finger on Nana’s lips and smiled.

“It’s fine, really. Also, you need to relax and breathe. Take a deep breath in and out.” He said as the two walked out of his office and towards the elevator.

Nana inhaled and exhaled a deep breath as they stepped inside the elevator.

“Like this?” Nana rolled her eyes as she eyed Mark who just chuckled.

The employees of Tuan Corporation that saw the couple in the lobby blinked as they saw a smile on their bosses face. Ever since the engagement news had been announced, Mark Tuan had been smiling and grinning, full of emotion. His employees were beginning to see the effect the Kim heiress had on their boss and they envied her for being so lucky. After seeing their boss, no one would dare think that this marriage was nothing but a sham.

 

 

“Yah, Kim Nayoung. Are you going to work all day and not eat?” Sehun asked as he walked into her office with take away Chinese food.

Nayoung rubbed her temples as she looked up from her laptop screen.

“Oh right, food.” She said.

Sehun walked over to her desk and peeked at what was on the screen of her laptop.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter