Hardships

Because the Time is Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year 1999 (5-years-old)

She woke...

              "Mom where are you!!! Mom?! Dad?!" screamed the five-years-old Soojung. Darkness. Soojung sat on the floor of her home, crying hard. Where are u guys, she thought, Am I not wanted anymore? She waited and waited. It was the next day and the next, but they never came back. 

***

             3 days already passed. Ring! Ring! RING! The phone was ringing. Soojung hesitated to pick up, but maybe it was her parents. 

"yeoboseyo...eomma? appa?" 

"Oh, annyeong. Jung Soojung right?...I'm really sorry to tell you that I'm not your parents. This is the Seoul police station. Your parent was found um...dead. It was three days ago late in the middle of the night. We will come to your house to pick you up and then we can discuss further."

"ne..." Tears started strolling down her cheeks. Why?! WHY?! She cried harder and harder. 

At the Police Station-

An officer came up to Soojung who was sitting on a chair. She was quiet with reddened eyes. 

"Hello, Soojung. Your only five this year right." he smiled.

"ne"

"Since you're so young it may be a little hard to understand, but a child without parents need to be sent to the orphanage. They will treat you very well and maybe one day you will soon become part of a new family."

"I understand. My eomma and abeoji taught me a lot."

"Wah! Soojung is such a big girl right," said the officer happily. "Now let's take you to the orphanage." 

***

The year 2006 (12-years-old)- at Orphanage  

Soojung orphanage profile

 "After losing her parents she remained as such a cheerful and loving girl. She's very smart and seems to be very mature." 

"Is that so? Sounds like a very helpful girl. I see on this paper she's twelve. Same age as my daughter hahaha. I think I will adopt her...Jung soojung right?"

"Yes, I will go call her for you," said the orphanage director. "Soojung ah! Jung So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter