Paper Hearts (3)

The Book of ShowKi

Pairing :   Son Hyunwoo x  Yoo Kihyun

                  Min Yoongi     x  Yoo Kihyun

                  (slight of Son Hyunwoo  x  Lee Minhyuk)

Genre : Romance, Angst? Idk -- You can decide after reading ^^ 

BGM : Paper Hearts by Tori Kelly


I live through pictures as if I was right there by your side

   But you'll be good without me

     and if I could just give it some time, I'll be alright

      Goodbye love you flew right by by love ...


If Minhyuk could point one happiest time in his life, was when he was around Son Hyunwoo. Seeing him from such a close distance, laughing with him, eating with him, or studying together. He could have never thought something better to replace this feeling. How he loved the gentleness of this large man that occupied his mind since the beginning and his humble heart that didn't fit in his popularity. Minhyuk knew he was fooling himself that there would never a chance for him to get Hyunwoo's heart. He knew this man liked girls and he wasn't. Although it was such a harsh reality, he accepted it and was content to where he was now, being close to the man he fell in love with.
These days, he felt Hyunwoo got further and further. He was always busy by himself. He excused himself after they had lunch together and disappeared. Minhyuk wasn't as innocent as what people might think. He knew someone had preoccupied Hyunwoo's mind and heart lately. It was clearly seen by Hyunwoo's beaming face, energetic spirit, and how he could just blank out with a sweet smile in the corner of his lips. Minhyuk was curious but his heart asked himself to stop asking because he might find out that it would hurt him to know the answer.
Minhyuk sometimes hated his weak heart. His paper heart. It's weakened by Hyunwoo day by day since the day they met. Hyunwoo might never know that he was one of the best things in life for Minhyuk.

 

✽✽

 

They both sat in silence whilst everyone walking and holding hands.
Yeouido Han river park in the afternoon was not a secluded place, the wave of Korean entertainment that hit worldwide has made the place famous.
The water created small waves blown by autumn wind where the trees almost lost all their leaves creating a dull and barren view although some grass still left its greenish color yet tainted with a yellowish and brownish streak.
Hyunwoo took a deep breath caused someone beside him flinched a bit. They were waiting for a moment where one of them made the first move to avoid this awkward silence.
Hyunwoo chuckled. He sipped his warm Americano and put it next to him. His hand brushed to another hand accidentally. It was a small and light touch but felt like a thousand voltage electricity wave for both of them. Hearts beat faster and a beautiful blush.
Kihyun, who sat next to this large man, wearing his usual black T-shirt but he layered it with his light blue hoodie. Ripped jeans were always his favorite and he applied a bit eyeliner to sharpen his eye line, turned his head to his right. His eyes met those warm brown eyes belonged to Hyunwoo.
"I don't - you know, it's really awkward to me," Kihyun was losing his words, he tried to think how to put his thought into words now, when Hyunwoo lightly, " You're awkward with me? After all those kisses?"
"It's not ... what? Wh--no! I, ah," Kihyun really looked like losing his words at all, retreating to say any word. He fidgeted a bit, feeling uncertain.
Hyunwoo who was watching his reaction quickly reached out his hands and squeezed them gently with his hands. He never knew he could be touchy like this. He wasn't this type of man, at least what he believed. But now, he felt abundant loving feeling towards this delicate man who sat beside him, wanting to him to be comfortable, and showing him that he was special for Hyunwoo.

Kihyun looked him in the eyes and Hyunwoo was sure Kihyun was blushing, feeling Hyunwoo's hands holding his hands gently.
"I know what you mean, Kihyun. It's my first time too. Dating with a guy," Hyunwoo was blushing. He hid it by clearing his throat and pretended to be cool.

Kihyun nodded. He wasn't sure what to say. He just simply replied, "Me too. I mean, it's my first time dating."
"Oh, first time dating a .. guy too?" Hyunwoo asked curiously.
Kihyun gulped. " Both. First time to go on dating and first time dating a guy."
Hyunwoo widened his eyes in disbelief but seeing Kihyun's face was serious, he stopped himself for commenting. He then looked at their hands that were holding each other. What he did maybe too cheesy but he slowly interlocked them together and smiled, "They fit together." Then showing their interlocked hands to Kihyun.
Kihyun never knew that dating would be this lovely. What he thought and knew was incredibly wrong and how he loved to be wrong about it now ...

 

✽✽

 

No matter how close Yoongi and Kihyun were as friends, Hyunwoo never liked the man. He had his concern towards Kihyun, he was afraid that Yoongi brought more negative impact on Kihyun's life or decisions.
Hyunwoo squinted his eyes, disturbed as he saw Yoongi talked too close with Kihyun, showed a paper and laughed together. Today Kihyun asked him to come to a cafe where Yoongi would perform. He hesitated at first but seeing Kihyun's sad eyes, he changed his mind. He didn't like seeing Kihyun in pain or hurt. He just wanted Kihyun to be happy with him, although he must swallow his jealousy inside and bury it. After he finished all his paper works, he walked through the city to a specific cafe that Kihyun had directed him through the phone.
Kihyun looked beautiful as usual. Today he applied some makeup on his eyes with eyeliner framed his little almond eyes, some lip tint on his lips with a styled hair and simple black choker around his smooth milky neck. Hyunwoo had to clear his mind every time he glanced over that neck.
Kihyun, as if he could sense Hyunwoo's aura, turned his head and a sweet smile spread in his lips. He motioned Hyunwoo to come closer to where he was sitting with Yoongi. Hyunwoo walked to them and let a thin smile formed in his lips because Yoongi was also staring at him in observing manner. They never talked and the only common thing between them was Kihyun.
Kihyun soon realized how awkward the situation and began to talk. He tried so hard to melt this icy situation. Somehow, Hyunwoo paid attention to what he did and made himself relaxed. Now Yoongi's turn to perform. He was a good rapper. But tonight, he brought along his guitar and said to the audience in full confidence.
"Tonight, not only I would rap, but I would also try to present my own new composed song. I hope you enjoy this."

Without much more talking, Yoongi started to play his guitar and a sweet melody started to fill the cafe. Singing about adoration, strength and being found in an embrace of a person.
Hyunwoo glanced to Kihyun who was enjoying Yoongi's performance in full concentration. He felt a bit of jealousy seeing the admiration look in Kihyun's eyes as he swallowed every word came from Yoongi's lips. Hyunwoo frowned. This wasn't supposed to be a date at all. He wanted that admiration only to himself.
As if Kihyun understood being watched by Hyunwoo, he held Hyunwoo's hands under the table and interlocked them. Hyunwoo looked at Kihyun who was now looking at him in sweet expression. He would be lying if he said that he didn't totally fell in love now with the owner of that face. Hyunwoo gave him back his smile. In times like this, he felt like the universe was made only for both of them.

 

✽✽

 

Kihyun noticed how pale Yoongi was. His pale skin added that fact. He looked overly tired and slept most of the time. They didn't hang out often now as Hyunwoo always gave that disapprove expression whenever he mentioned Yoongi's name. Kihyun knew Hyunwoo was overly concerned or maybe jealous over Yoongi but Kihyun always tried to convince him that Yoongi was a dearest friend to him and there was no way he would keep his distance away from Yoongi. Sometimes when he got tired explaining and Hyunwoo kept on pestering about it, they would end up in harsh argument and there would be days went by without contacting each other. But somehow, Hyunwoo always ended up being in front of his apartment door and without a word holding him like there's no tomorrow. After that, they would be fine again.

He was worried about Yoongi. Kihyun could feel that his best friend was keeping something from him and he was furious that he didn't bother to let Kihyun knew about that. He was afraid that Yoongi might be in a bad situation and didn't want him to know. He could ask over and over but Yoongi jokingly said that he looked like a nagging wife and reassured Kihyun that he was fine.

One day Yoongi passed out while he was sleeping and Kihyun thought he was so tired so he left him in his apartment. He just noticed that day by day, Yoongi also lost his appetite.
"You, what happened? Something bad happened? Tell me, you brat." Kihyun would harshly ask in a joking way just to make Yoongi spilled his secret.
Yoongi only shook his head and laughed. He never answered.

 

✽✽

 

"You should stop visiting his apartment, Kihyun. What should I do if my boyfriend always spent the night in another man's house?" Hyunwoo said in an impatient tone. He and Kihyun were having lunch in Hyunwoo's kitchen. Hyunwoo was living by himself in a medium apartment that was purchased by his own money. He was a wealthy man but worked by himself to support himself instead of living by his parents' wealth.
Kihyun stopped what he was doing and looking at Hyunwoo in disbelief. "Hyunwoo," he looked tired.
"Kihyun, I'm serious. I couldn't see you together with him. I don't know why." Hyunwoo said, now with a serious tone. He stared deeply into Kihyun's eyes.
"Don't start this." Kihyun gritted his teeth and suddenly his appetite had gone. He rose up and walked to sink. He threw the remaining food into the trash can and put the dish into the sink.
"Yoo Kihyun, I'm asking you, just don't be too close with him ..." Hyunwoo reached to Kihyun's waist and kept looking into younger's eyes.
"How can I? You know how close we are. I'm tired explaining this over and over to you!" Kihyun rubbed his temple, feeling irritated.
Hyunwoo was quiet for a while. He finally spoke, " Is it really a difficult request from me? Is worrying you such a burdensome? Knowing you always go home late at nights and need to wake up early in the morning has worried me so much. Do you still remember when you got sick after coming home late at night after taking care of your friend? But you had to come to campus to finish your deadline and exams? I almost put you into the hospital because your fever was so high! What should I do if you were me? Tell me."
Kihyun's face was dark. He hated being confronted when he was feeling uncertain about this situation. He knew he just did what every people did towards their friend especially when he felt something wrong happened lately to his best friend. At the same time, he knew Hyunwoo was just worried about him. He felt lately his energy was drained due to his work and assignment and Yoongi. Usually, he only replied back with a shrug but this time he snapped, "Don't. Don't force me. Yoongi is my friend and if you care about me, you shouldn't have asked me to choose something like this! Have I ever asked you to not hang around with Minhyuk? Your so-called-friend when everyone knew how much he loved you? I didn't do that, did I? It's because I do respect your life! What won't you do the same with mine?"
Hyunwoo was taken aback. He asked in disbelief, " How-what do you mean? Minhyuk ... loved me?"
Kihyun took a deep breath. He wriggled off himself from Hyunwoo's hands and walked away. Hyunwoo called him, "Kihyun?"
Kihyun was looking at him and said in a flat tone, "You heard me. I didn't know how you could be so blind not to see what everyone see. That boy has a crush on you. You can ask him if you want to know the truth."
Kihyun went and left Hyunwoo in deep confusion.

 

✽✽

 

It was such a torment for weeks as Hyunwoo didn't see Kihyun around. He spent his times more often with Yoongi and made Hyunwoo angry. They separated without official words. But Hyunwoo never stopped loving him anyway. Every time he tried to talk to Kihyun, the latter only avoided him. Hyunwoo was patient enough to let Kihyun's anger faded. He waited and waited. His heart was beaten day by day with every rising sun that reminded him that Kihyun's smile was disappearing from his life.

Kihyun felt like running and running. His heart was hurt. He stopped himself from running and looked up to the sky that was raining hard.
Yoo Kihyun was watching in agony when his crush stood there, holding an umbrella, together with another person. Smiling and laughing in the rain. He was drenched from head to toe but his heart was drier than Sahara desert. He bowed his head down to smile bitterly. He gripped his front jacket as if he wanted to keep his heart intact and protected it while it was beating. He didn't know why he felt jealous. He always knew that Minhyuk liked Hyunwoo. He saw Minhyuk confessed when Hyunwoo confronted him to confirm Kihyun's statement when they had a fight. It was accidental and Kihyun didn't mean to peep over their talk but he couldn't help it. He saw how Hyunwoo was shocked but then he just held Minhyuk who was apologizing and sobbing in his embrace. Kihyun felt his heart was shattered and ran. He avoided Hyunwoo ever since.
Not so long after Minhyuk's confession, he saw them still walking together like there was nothing happened. They laughing and walking while holding an umbrella. Sharing it under the heavy rain in front of the crossroad where Kihyun stood.
Was he too reckless let Hyunwoo choose between him and Minhyuk when he said that Minhyuk had a crush on him? Or was he too reckless when he said he would still be with Yoongi even if Hyunwoo didn't like it? Was he wrong? How did Hyunwoo get over him so easily when Kihyun was wrecked under these grey skies that filled with water pouring into the ground mixed with his own tears that rolled down as he tried to empty his heart away.

 

✽✽

 

Yoongi was waiting for Kihyun impatiently. He chuckled when he saw Kihyun walked towards him with a disturbed expression as he got closer.
"What is it? Your non-stop phone call really got me into trouble in the class, you prick!" Kihyun grumbled as he sat down in front of Yoongi.
Yoongi, without any word, handed him a passport.
Kihyun widened his eyes. "What is this?"
"Your passport, Yoo Kihyun." Yoongi grinned.
"Passport? When--oh that time when you dragged my to immigration office?"
Yoongi nodded. He gulped down his latte.
Kihyun took the passport and checked it. "England? Why is it written that--" Kihyun's sentence was hung as he looked Yoongi who was grinning widely now.
"Yoo Kihyun, let's fly to England ..."

 

✽✽

 

Kihyun was holding the passport in his hands. His mind replayed over and over that day. Everything that happened. Yoongi's face and Hyunwoo's face. Minhyuk's face.
Hyunwoo was right. Yoongi had a feeling for Kihyun and it was said in a very casual manner as expected from Yoongi.
That day, after Yoongi gave him the passport, they were walking together to Kihyun's place. It was a peaceful silence when Yoongi suddenly said, "Hey, Yoo Kihyun?"
"Hmm," Kihyun hummed, still walking.
He didn't know that Yoongi had already stopped and being left behind. When he realized, there was a quite distance between them. He looked at Yoongi in a quizzical expression.
"What are you doing?" Kihyun asked and walked back to Yoongi.
Yoongi was looking at him intently and in an unreadable expression. He inched towards Kihyun who was standing in front of him now.
"Hey," Kihyun warned him as Yoongi got closer and closer.
Yoongi didn't say a word. but he reached both of Kihyun's hands and said, "Kihyun, fly with me to England so we will always stay like this."
Kihyun chuckled a bit because of his friend's odd behavior. "Haven't I always been with you? I don't even have my own life because I'm busy taking care of you."
Yoongi's expression was still serious. And the words he said make Kihyun's heart jolted in place.
"No. Not as a friend anymore. I want you as my lover."
Kihyun surely had a sleepless night after the confession while he was holding the passport. Yoongi asked him to leave everything behind and started a new with him in England.
Leaving Korea,
leaving Hyunwoo behind ...

 

✽✽

 

Yoongi was waiting impatiently at the airport. He glanced to the crowds, hoping to see someone he was waiting for. Minutes by minutes and one hour had passed. Yoongi glanced over the airport clock and nervously tapped his feet. Maybe he didn't want to go, after all, he thought to himself.
It was one week ago he bravely confessed his feeling to Kihyun and asked him to leave Korea. A little bit reckless and Yoongi knew it but he had to take that chance because he knew he only had a little time. He never knew what Kihyun felt about him. He knew that Kihyun had separated with Hyunwoo for two months although he still saw that lingering look whenever Kihyun saw Hyunwoo from afar. Yoongi noticed how Kihyun still kept Hyunwoo's things in his apartment.
Yoongi knew and he didn't care. His patience had run out.
He was disappointed when Kihyun didn't show up. He looked up to the sky from a window pane, watching as planes went down and off to the sky.
He felt someone tapped his shoulder and in front of him was Kihyun who was panting heavily. "I made it in time"
Yoongi smiled the biggest smile he had ever had.

 

✽✽

 

Hyunwoo was unable to concentrate at all. He didn't know if Kihyun had already moved on or not. Because he hadn't. He needed to hear it from Kihyun. He needed to know if he was the only one who felt that or not. Maybe it was only an excuse because he really missed Kihyun. He missed Kihyun's scent, he missed the pretty man's lips and eyes and everything about him.
Hyunwoo might have fallen in love too deeply with Kihyun and he wasn't ashamed of it. Even he had to crawl in front of him, he would do it.
Sometimes Hyunwoo hated his weak heart, his paper heart, and Kihyun knew how to crumble it.
Hyunwoo drove his car in medium speed. After parked his car, he walked in a quick pace to Yoongi's apartment. His best guess was that Kihyun was here. So he went straight to Yoongi's apartment. He knew this place from Minhyuk who was Yoongi's classmate in literature.

Minhyuk, suddenly Hyunwoo thought about Minhyuk.
He was a really great friend along. Hyunwoo recalled the day when he asked what Kihyun told him about Minhyuk's feeling towards him and he confessed his feeling. Hyunwoo was shocked at first but then he gently held Minhyuk in his embrace to comfort him who was sobbing, feeling ashamed by his own confession. Hyunwoo remembered saying, " Don't worry and don't be ashamed. I'm thankful for your feeling but I can't accept your feeling, Minhyukkie. There is someone else that I truly love. I hope we're still together like usual, as a good friend because I can't see you being hurtful, Hyukkie."
Minhyuk slowly accepted the fact and they were still good friends after all. That's when he remembered about Kihyun and Yoongi. He felt guilty to ever asked Kihyun to leave his friend who liked him secretly. Hyunwoo understood now what Kihyun felt and suddenly all those arguments and fights seemed to be so childish and irrelevant.
How he wanted to hug Kihyun and kissed him endlessly and said sorry for what he did.
Hyunwoo stopped his step and looked at the door in front of him. Seemed so silent and there was no sound coming from inside. He hesitantly pressed the bell but no one opened it. After 10 minutes waiting, he got tired and started to crouch down, still determined to wait for Kihyun.
Someone was walking past to him and paid attention. " Who are you?" he asked. He looked young and maybe the same age as Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo smiled. " Ah, I am waiting for my friend who lived here .. maybe he's out so I'm just waiting here until he returns."
The man scrunched his forehead in confusion. " Yoongi? Well, he had moved out of this apartment..."
Hyunwoo was confused. " Moved out? When?"
"This morning. He sent his belongings to some friends and even to me. He was moving abroad with his boyfriend .. I guess." The neighbor explained.
Hyunwoo felt his heart skipped a beat. "B--boyfriend? Which one? I mean .. how does he look?"
The neighbor watched Hyunwoo's face intently. "Who are you anyway? If you're Yoongi's friend, you should've known that Yoongi is going to move, right?"
Hyunwoo felt his face reddened. He cleared his throat. " I am not really his friend. Actually, my--friend is Yoongi's friend and I'm hoping to see my friend here."
The neighbor nodded. "Oh, I see. I don't know about his boyfriend. I always see him around here. His height is about Yoongi's height, thin, and um, quite pretty for a male. Well, maybe you can find them at the airport now. As far as I know, Yoongi mentioned about 3 pm flight somewhere abroad, um, France- wait, no, England. Yes, Yoongi said it was England."
Hyunwoo could feel his blood was rushed out. He felt panic inside. It's Kihyun.
And he was leaving...
Hyunwoo bowed and said thank you and went quickly. He drove his car to the airport in a rush. It was 2 p.m. and the traffic looked like a mess. Or maybe because Hyunwoo was not interested to drive slowly.
"Kihyun, please, don't go. Please .." He muttered to himself in distress.
There was nothing dreadful than knowing that you're about to lose everything in a second and Kihyun was his everything ...

 

✽✽

 


epilogue

 

Kihyun lifted his small hand and smiled. The sun was shining warmly, radiating warm sensation in every part of his exposed skin. He took a deep breath to feel the fresh air came into his lungs. The trees were still green and some already turned into yellow and crimson in early autumn. He enjoyed the view and peacefulness like this so much. After inhaling fresh air, he was looking at a fresh peony bouquet in his hands. He inhaled the peony bouquet and squatted in front of a grave.

 

𝙈𝙞𝙣 𝙔𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞
𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙈𝙞𝙣 𝙔𝙪𝙧𝙞 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙆𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙅𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙤
𝘽𝙤𝙧𝙣 1993 - 𝘿𝙞𝙚𝙙 2016


Kihyun put the flower in the grave and inhaled deeply. It's been 5 years since Yoongi's death. It was a bad year for Kihyun as he was lost in sadness in Yoongi's death. He remembered clearly that day in the airport.

Yoongi smiled at him with the biggest smile that Kihyun didn't know he had. He was beaming. "Kihyunnie, you come ..."
Kihyun smiled but his heart was sad. He knew what Yoongi was meant behind those words. But Kihyun wanted to tell something different.
"Yoongi, " Kihyun paused. It was too hard to say seeing how happy Yoongi was, " I'm really sorry .." Kihyun couldn't finish his words when saw Yoongi's expression.
Yoongi looked so sad and desperate. But he inhaled deeply and held Kihyun's face gently. He gave his best smile, " I understand, Kihyun. I really do. I hope you'll always be happy with Hyunwoo or anybody else ..."
Kihyun felt his eyes watery. He stuttered, " We're still friends, Yoongi?"
Yoongi flicked his forehead. " We do, you fool." Yoongi laughed seeing Kihyun rubbed his forehead. They looked at each other and Kihyun pulled Yoongi into his embrace. They were embracing each other tightly with inexplicable feeling seeping out of every inch of their body cells. There was a sad silence as they bid farewell to each other.
Yoongi broke their hug and started walking away. Before he disappeared in the entrance of the plane, he turned his body and said, " I do really hope you'll always be happy Kihyunnie! If he ever hurt you, don't hesitate to come to England and find me." then he smiled and waved his hands. " See you again, my friend." He whispered softly, drank every minutes and memory he had with Kihyun, while waving his last farewell to his best friend ...

 

✽✽

 

Kihyun felt a strong pair of hands held his shoulders. He turned and saw a concerned look in his husband's eyes. He wiped his tears and cooed a baby in his husband's arms. He took the baby and cradled her gently while kissing her face.
Hyunwoo was watching Kihyun fondly. He Kihyun's cheeks lightly. " Are you okay?"
Kihyun, who was giving small kisses in his baby girl's lips, smiled and said, " Yes, I am."
Hyunwoo then put his arms in Kihyun's shoulder and they started to walk away from the Yoongi's grave. Hyunwoo remembered clearly that day in the airport.

Hyunwoo was running with all his might inside the airport. His mind was preoccupied with Kihyun's leaving him. He breached through the crowds, mumbling sorry in his way as he crashed everyone in his way. He panted heavily when he arrived in the boarding section. Craned his neck to look for the familiar figure he missed the most. Hyunwoo cursed as he saw the announcement in the announcement board that the plane from Seoul had taken off to England 5 minutes ago.

He slumped on the airport bench and closed his face with both of his hands in desperation. He thought he was too strong to cry but here, he cried softly for his foolishness. His Kihyun had left him and brought his heart along to England ...
"Hyunwoo?" A doubtful voice called his name.
Hyunwoo lifted his face and he almost had a heart attack as he saw Kihyun was standing in front of him with a worried look.
"Kihyun.." Hyunwoo mumbled softly and jumped to embrace him.
Kihyun was startled but he put his hands in Hyunwoo's back and it gently. " Hyung."
Hyunwoo sobbed in Kihyun's arms. It was a short sob as he pulled himself out and looked into Kihyun.
"I need to tell you this. I hate those moments when we fought. I hated it when I had to be away from you. I hated it when I found out how empty my life without you. I hated how weak I am when you came in my life but you made it worthwhile. Yoo Kihyun, I love you with all I am. Please don't ever leave me again. Please forgive me..."
Kihyun understood. He looked inside those brown eyes of Hyunwoo and whispered, " I will never leave you. I am here for you."

 

✽✽

 

They walked in silence. Their hands still intertwined to each other while Kihyun's other hand held their 3 months baby girl.
The baby was a blessing when they had their relationship stable and moved together. They held a sacred wedding in a private ceremony with limited guess and family. Hyunwoo and Kihyun planned to adopt when a friend suggested them to have a surrogate mother to carry their child. The cost was high but the baby would be their own flesh and blood. Hyunwoo' parents gladly accepted the idea and Kihyun asked Hyunwoo to be the father of their first baby.
Son Hyun-joo was born and reunited Kihyun with his family. Hyunwoo's parents more than welcome to open their hearts to Kihyun and the baby. Kihyun's heart was slowly healed from his past, the rejection and Yoongi's death as he held the little hand of his newborn Hyun-joo in the hospital.
Kihyun turned his body to look at Yoongi's grave. Hyunwoo followed his gaze. He didn't say anything.

"He said to me that he hoped that I would always be happy when we said our last goodbye in that airport, hyung. His last wish comes true. It does." Kihyun fondly smiling to Hyunwoo who was smiling too after hearing that. He pulled Kihyun closer and kissed Kihyun's forehead sweetly.
"I will do with all I am to make you both happy." Hyunwoo then kissed his daughter's head in Kihyun's arms. Hyun-joo cooed.
They looked at each other lovingly and walked to their car.
"Bye Yoongi. I hope you do well up there," Kihyun whispered silently to the sky above as the car slowly went away and leaving the graveyard which was covered in falling yellow and crimson leaves.


 

𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬:

Yoongi sat down in his seat. His heart was broken. He knew it was going to end like this. But as a good friend he is, he knew that Hyunwoo could make Kihyun happy. That thought brought a smile in his lips although his head was excruciatingly painful. He winced as the pain kept increasing, made it harder to breathe. He shuffled in his seat while holding his head.
He remembered that night as the memory of his childhood replayed in his mind. It was a beautiful day of his life when his mother and father were still together. But that night, Yoongi was looking at the pictures of his MRI scan result in his phone that was sent by his doctor.
Kihyun might never know but he had been diagnosed with the last stadium of brain cancer by his doctor that he secretly visited. That's when his adventure of life started. Yoongi wanted to live his life fully without any limitation or pain or border. He was really regretful to drag along Kihyun to his adventure as he saw Kihyun enjoyed it so much. He knew that what Kihyun needed was actually someone stronger to heal his heart, not someone as weak as Yoongi that could only runaway to spend his limited time on earth.
He remembered everything.
About his father, his mother, and Kihyun.
The saddest part was that he couldn't properly say goodbye to them.
Yoongi looked outside from his window. He was in VVIP class so no one bothered him. He winced as the pain kept pounding in his head. He drew a heart shape on the window glass as if he wrote it in the clouds and breathed out the window glass to make the heart visible. He smiled.

Yoo Kihyun, I live through pictures as if I was right there by your side
But you'll be good without me
and if I could just give it some time, I'll be alright
Goodbye love ...

With the last lyric in his mind, Yoongi closed his eyes.
His pain finally ended.


 

the  end

 

 

 

A/N     Hi hello annyeong

            Final chap of Paper Heart ... 

            I don't know what do you feel after reading this chapter but during the process of writing this, at the farewell part in the airport, I did               feel a bit sadness ... #hide_embarrassedly

           So, my apologize for errors and typos.

           Do comments and tell me what do you feel after reading this ( if you want to -- )

           Until then, happy reading and see ya in the next chapter .........