Red Moon (4)

The Book of ShowKi

"I am being honest here but let me tell you who's been lying now. Want to know who?"

"It spelled 'You' Kihyun."

"Tell me again about the prophecy, omega. All of it."

Kihyun slept in his position with swollen eyes. His tears came out of nowhere. The words of the Alpha kept repeating in his mind and produced more tears. Staring at the ceiling, he let himself recalled when Hyunwoo forcefully came on him.

Kihyun felt funny. The feeling of cold air blew from outside that brushed his exposed skin but at the same time also the burning fire feeling throughout his skin that came from inside; colliding and leaving him shivered under the beastly alpha on top of him. 

 


 

Yongguk ran in swift movement with his companion. Yura and Himchan were running beside him. They were agitated and couldn't wait to reach the border of where the Silver Phoenix pack lived. He had to be hurry to inform their wolf brothers about this prophecy as the increasing events of brutal attacks from the new creature. They even encountered with one that caused him and his companion separated with Kihyun, an omega whose mission was to deliver the prophecy to his fellow wolf packs, which left a bitter scar to Yongguk's heart since he had found himself falling for the man of prophecy. 

Yongguk and his companion met other new creatures on their way. Two in total. They managed to kill one but without a cost. Bruises, broken ribs and severe injuries were the cost they had to pay. So they avoided meeting the other by crossing another passage which meant their journey to Jecheon city became longer. 

Yongguk shifted in human form when he had crossed the border. His tense muscles were glistening under the sunlight. Panting hard, he looked over his companion to check their condition. Yura was breathing heavily but she was fine. And so was Himchan who was injured couple days ago. Behind him, Jongup and Zelo leaned to each other, taking a deep breath while Daehyun and Youngjae squatted and coughed. 

"You guys are alright?" asked Yongguk, deeply concerned.

They all nodded in unison. Yongguk smiled thinly and threw his gaze to the borderline where he could see a group of wolves ran towards them.

"They're coming--" Yongguk didn't finish what he said as his nose was scented the familiar scent. He squinted his eyes to see the coming wolves even though they were still far away. One of them caught his eyes. The scent that was getting stronger and the familiar feeling ~

"Kihyun ..." Yongguk whispered to the air, to himself.

The group of wolves came howling and encircled them. Kihyun who came behind shifted. He was about to tell Hyunwoo and the others that he knew them when he saw Hyunwoo who had shifted himself into human form held Yongguk tightly and said in a proud tone, "Brother. It's been a long time."

Kihyun was blank for a while until Yura came to him in a wide and motherly smile, "You survived .." she said.

Kihyun who was shocked for a while focused on Yura's eyes. The shape of her eyes and the natural brow that framed her little face. She was beautiful and still beautiful. But the feeling he had towards her for the last few weeks had faded. 

It was shifted.

It was beyond what Kihyun could handle. 

Kihyun threw a smile, a thin one. Yet his sense and mind were back and forth between two alphas who were smiling and hugging in front of him. 

 


 

When they were back to Silver Phoenix's mansion, Yongguk who couldn't let his eyes off of Kihyun would follow Kihyun everywhere. They exchanged a look and smiled, that kind of reassuring smile from Kihyun to let Yongguk know that he was alright. The longing and the urge to hold Kihyun was unbearable for Yongguk but he had to respect the brotherhood here as he saw how possessive Hyunwoo to Kihyun, even if he did it subtly. There was a weird atmosphere between the two yet Yongguk couldn't say what it was. He knew by the look and Hyunwoo's gesture that he had the same feeling as Yongguk had to Kihyun. 

Yongguk was a great alpha just like Hyunwoo. He was wiser and more steady than Hyunwoo but he knew he didn't come to claim Kihyun. He had a mission and he would do his mission. Then, if the time was right, he would ask Kihyun to be his mate. If Hyunwoo would stand in his way, let it be. Yongguk had no plan to back down. 

With that in mind, Yongguk restrained himself from Kihyun. 

**** 

Kihyun stood a bit restlessly. The burning gaze from Hyunwoo who stood across him was creating turbulence in his mind. He desperately kept himself steady but the beating of his heart was something he couldn't control. Kihyun, for an omega who had full control of his own body, was made into a mess under the gaze of an alpha. The meeting of Yongguk's pack and Silver Phoenix pack took a whole night. Kihyun was there to retell what he had to say. 

As the leaders of the pack were still calculating moves to stop the attacks and to destroy the creature that was already prophesied, Kihyun recalled what had been going on between Hyunwoo and him.

As the alpha tried to expose his milky skin slowly, Kihyun squirmed and whimpered softly. He had the massive internal battle of every single touch the alpha gave. He found himself thirsty for every touch; he almost leaned to the touch given to him. The burning sensation on his cold porcelain skin from Hyunwoo's touch and a light stinging pain from his tattoo successfully made him moaned a bit.

Hyunwoo's hands and gaze were roaming through Kihyun's stomach when he hears the moan. Smirking, he smiled to the omega below him, "So you're not really that different from any omega out there, are you?" he said with a hint of smug self-satisfaction in his tone.

Kihyun abruptly opened up his eyes that were shut tightly before. His eyes were fixed on Hyunwoo's but his mind was going back to the unpleasant memory he had with an alpha in his past. The almost same voice and arrogance that created a gruesome memory in his mind had made Kihyun sick. He was whimpering and sobbing with his hands pinned above his head. 

Hyunwoo suddenly was shocked seeing the omega crying and whimpering. He felt an enormous guilt in his heart; an unpleasant feeling after seeing the impact to Kihyun, the omega that he knew he was destined with. Gently, he released his hands and body that pinned Kihyun. Kihyun pulled his hands and covered his face while rolling his body in the fetus position. Kihyun was shaking and sobbing painfully and Hyunwoo felt like it was thousand times worse than all the beatings he had ever got until now. 

Not knowing what to do, he sat with a blank mind. Part of him wanted to leave Kihyun alone and another part of him wanted to hold Kihyun protectively. So he ended up watching Kihyun cried.

When the cry had subsided, Hyunwoo took a deep breath. Kihyun didn't seem to move so Hyunwoo waited for a bit more.  Minutes after minutes had passed and Kihyun didn't show any sign to move, Hyunwoo started to panic. He scooted closer to Kihyun and touched Kihyun's shoulder. "Omega?"

Kihyun didn't answer so Hyunwoo curiously turned his face towards him. Kihyun was asleep. He was still sobbing but the steady rhyme of his breathing made Hyunwoo sure he was asleep. 

Sighing in relief, Hyunwoo watched the pretty face in his arms. He pushed some strands of Kihyun's hair that covered his eyes to the side. He was ethereal and Hyunwoo had forgotten how to breathe. The urge to mate him and claim him with or without his approval had slowly faded. It was replaced with something. The urge to protect him with all cost, to cherish the fragile omega in his arms and to fight anything that could harm the pretty omega.

Hyunwoo scratched his head. Sometimes being a stubborn and gruff person made him incapable of position himself in someone else's view. He could tolerate some things but most of the times, he didn't have that compassion or patience towards other people.  He knew he was going to be the Head of this pack and no one could say no to him. He always got what he wanted and it developed a super-selfish side of him. Luckily he had a good guidance from a wise father. He grew up as a capable alpha even sometimes he did reckless and selfish things just because he wanted. The selfish side of him and his natural alpha streak urged him to break any rules he got.

Getting up from the floor, he slowly lifted Kihyun in bridal style. Gently, he put Kihyun on the bed and watched as Kihyun slept peacefully. He wiped some of the tears on Kihyun's face and got out of the room with thousand feelings and thoughts unresolved.

Kihyun lost track of what happened after he cried under Hyunwoo's body. He remembered waking up on his bed, covered with a blanket and complete clothes. 

 


 

Hyunwoo's father nodded hearing Yongguk's story. It was dinner time and they looked exhausted. He accompanied Yongguk and his companion until late at night, a shared opinion of what things should be done during this situation. Hyunwoo was there and so was Kihyun.  

Right until someone came and shrieked in panic, calling for Hyunwoo's father.

Son Hyunshik, head the pack, got up and asked in a deep tone, "Who is that? What happened?"  Hoseok who hear the Head Alpha asked, hurriedly went to the front. He came back with some people. One of them was badly injured with dangling torn flesh on his socket, of a missing arm. Blood soaked his shirt and pooled on where he was standing now. 

"! Junsu! What is going on?!" Son Hyunshik came closer to the injured man named Junsu and inspected his wound. There's a loud whimper came from Junsu's mouth. "M-m-my Lord.."

"Take a deep breath," Hyunwoo's father said in a firm tone and waited for the man to calm down, "You can speak now."

The man groaned and trembled. "The--the creature at-attacked me when I was patrolling .. my lord," his face grimaced due to the intense pain in his wounded body.

"And where were you patrolling at?" asked Hyunwoo. He watched the whole thing, gritting his teeth. He could feel the boiling of his blood looking at his pack got injured badly.

"S-ss-south," after he said that, Junsu fainted. Hoseok and a man who were supporting him to stand exchanged gaze and said, "My lord, I will take him to the infirmary. Let Hyungwon and Minhyuk treated him."

Son Hyunshik nodded. His forehead frowned. It wasn't a great news.  He turned to Yongguk as the injured man was being carried away, "Didn't you just pass the south area of the borderline? Did you see something?"

Yongguk nodded. "Yes, Alpha Hyungshik. In fact, during our journey, we met more than one."

There's a gasping sound in the room. "One was the one who attacked Kihyun and took him from our sight and we dealt with two more after that until we needed to change the route for coming here. That's why it took more than one week to come here."

"And how did you deal with it?" asked Hyunshik, "I mean, how is the effective way to kill or injure the creature?"

"Fight for your life like it was the last thing to stay alive," said Kihyun, cutting Yongguk who was about to reply.

 


 

Hyunwoo was approaching Kihyun with silent steps. He grabbed him from behind and cupped Kihyun's mouth to prevent him from shouting. "Follow me," he whispered in low voice.

Kihyun struggled and let out a muffled grumble. But Hyunwoo's built was bigger so he didn't have any choice. They secretly sneaked out with Hyunwoo still muffled Kihyun's mouth. Passing through some men in the mansion, Hyunwoo slipped through a secret door in the kitchen to the garden. From the garden, they walked a little and entered a secret tunnel. Hyunwoo released his hands from Kihyun as he closed the cover of the tunnel. He was about to turn to Kihyun when Kihyun hit him with his fist hard to his face. Hyunwoo bounced back for a bit, unprepared for the attack. He caught Kihyun's hand as Kihyun swung another attack. He gripped it tightly. Kihyun hissed. " you! Explain now!"

Hyunwoo gritted his teeth. His blood was boiling but he had to hold it since he couldn't hurt the omega in front of him, the one he had to protect until the end. The seriousness and anger in Kihyun's pretty face made Hyunwoo stunned for a while as his raging temper and lust appeared suddenly. He clenched his fist and stared into Kihyun's orbs, "I'll take you to someone I know. We'll figure this thing out. Especially since he knows a lot about the prophecy."

"And who said I want to go with you??" asked Kihyun furiously.

Hyunwoo smirked. Without saying another word, he hoisted up Kihyun's body and started to disappear inside the tunnel with some cursing words from Kihyun throughout the journey.

****

Kihyun glared furiously behind Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo was dragging him through the nightclub. He was perplexed about Hyunwoo's behavior and couldn't even say anything as he let his body followed every step Hyunwoo made. He had to shut his screaming omega inside that seemed to be pleased beyond imaginable as their hands interlocked tightly even though it was forcefully. 

Hyunwoo took Kihyun much deeper inside the club that looked like a big mansion. They walked past some people who were kissing, sniffing each other or just grinding to each other; creating a deep blush on Kihyun's face with his raging urge to offer himself to the Alpha who seemed to be undisturbed by images around him. He was firm and steady, pulling Kihyun without difficulty. Sometimes he would glance to the back to check on Kihyun. Kihyun shot him a dagger and threw his gaze away after that. But Hyunwoo was unmoved and steadfast. They kept on walking past some couples; to the most secluded area of which nobody was seen anymore. 

Kihyun slightly felt a shiver ran through his spine. The slight burning pain on the tattoo every time Hyunwoo touched him was replaced with a coldness. Not Kihyun or Hyunwoo. It's from the place where they were now. A large dim room with some paintings on the wall; of beautiful people who strangely wore capes whether it was woman or man.

"Where are we?" asked Kihyun, without letting Hyunwoo's hand go. Their hands kept on interlocking with each other. 

Hyunwoo didn't answer. He looked over Kihyun who was observing the place. His porcelain skin was glowing in the dim room. Hyunwoo could feel the rush of blood in his head went down to his stomach and down again. He shook his head to stop his thought which made Kihyun turned his head to look at him. "What? What is it?!" he asked with an uneasy tone.

Hyunwoo was about to answer when suddenly a piercing coldness was felt throughout the room. Kihyun jolted. He instinctively got his body closer to Hyunwoo. "What is that?!" His pointy nose was sniffing the cold air around him. "It has no smell! I'm sure there's something--"

"-and you're right." said a man who suddenly appeared before them. He was smiling in a friendly way. He had a sweet face with prominent red lips and thick eyebrows. His built was medium like Kihyun but more toned. "Hi." 

Hyunwoo growled. He let out his warning. 

"Ow ow ow, easy. Wow, you've got some anger issue here." He said teasingly. His eyes glowed with an unreadable glint. 

"Who are you?!" asked Hyunwoo, keeping Kihyun stood behind him. But then the man answered from behind Hyunwoo. "Here." he tapped Kihyun's shoulders. 

"!" Kihyun cursed and swatted the hand away. The man laughed heartily seeing their nervousness. His fangs were shown when he laughed. "Vampire." Kihyun hissed in disapprove tone.

The man smiled and clapped his hands. "Bravo!"

Hyunwoo suddenly straightened his body. "Where's Jaebum?"

The vampire tilted his head, feeling amused. "Ah. So it's you! The handsome hunter of our clan! Never thought I would meet you personally." he bowed a bit and laughed again. 

Hyunwoo pulled Kihyun instinctively closer in his arms. When a vampire knew him, especially vampire with this 'special aura' like Jaebum, he didn't want to take a risk with Kihyun around.

Kihyun, the omega within was pleased when the Alpha showed him the protective side like what an alpha should be but his mind as Kihyun, didn't like a bit. "Stop protecting me like a damn kid," he whispered in anger.

The Vampire smiled after hearing their not-so-soft conversation. He circled the couple. "Mmm~~ couple. I never heard you had one, Mighty Guardian." The tone was hiding thousands of meanings and Hyunwoo didn't like it. He was not sure whether the vampire was doing. He looked like he was just playing around but also subtly throwing threat to Kihyun. "Don't ever think to try." Hyunwoo warned the vampire with a deep and low growl, "I warn you. If you touch his hair, I will shred your throat and body in pieces."

The vampire only smiled. The glint in his eyes seemed so dangerous. He was quiet for a while, like thinking about attacking both of them. But he suddenly shrugged his shoulders. " this. What are the two of you doing here? If you want to have , you don't need to come too far. We have plenty of available rooms in the mansion."

 

Kihyun's cheeks got warmer.  He cursed internally. "Shut your filthy mouth!" Kihyun barked angrily. Hyunwoo held his shoulders and said, "We're here for Jaebum."

The vampire stared with his icy look to Hyunwoo and Kihyun. "Why?"

Hyunwoo snorted. "It's not your business. You better call him to me now," said Hyunwoo arrogantly. 

The vampire let out his eerie laugh. "Oh man. You are really looking for death, aren't you the Great Mighty Guardian? Hmm, how about I taste your little pretty boyfriend there and drain him before I taste you while we make love on his blood?"

Kihyun snarled. Both because he and the omega within hated to hear that the vampire was about to do something to their Alpha. 

Hyunwoo coldly replied, "Let's see who's going to make love on whose blood."

They started to snarl. Hyunwoo threw a glance to Kihyun to ask him to stay in the back. Kihyun hissed. He didn't like to be treated like a princess in this situation. But before they even did anything, someone shouted and made them turned their heads to the source. "Stop this!"

Jaebum came from a secret door that was camouflaged as if it was part of the wall. The dim light helped the camouflage well so people wouldn't know that there was a door there.  Jaebum walked swiftly and stood beside the vampire that was about to fight with Hyunwoo. "Jinyoungie, stop. I knew him." Jaebum patted the shoulder of the vampire named Jinyoung.

Jinyoung scoffed. "They're so lucky you came in time."

Kihyun hissed angrily while Hyunwoo growled in a low tone. 

Jaebum suddenly laughed. "Oh-oh. Come on, guys. Stop this, listen. I know you didn't come here just to growl and howl right? And Jinyoungie, what did I say about my acquaintances?"

Jinyoung spat. He didn't say anything but throwing his face away to another direction. Jaebum laughed again, "Ah. Such a baby."  he then turned to look at Hyunwoo and Kihyun. That time he had just realized Kihyun's presence. Cocking his brow, he asked in a casual manner, "Is this--whom I think is that?" he asked Hyunwoo but stared to Kihyun.

Hyunwoo cleared his throat, "Yes." he answered.

"Who? What are you talking about?" asked Kihyun, confused. 

Jaebum glanced to Hyunwoo. "You haven't told him?"

Hearing the question, Hyunwoo seemed disturbed and anxious. "Ah--no. We don't have much opportunity."  The truth was Hyunwoo would remember how he almost forces his way to Kihyun that night. He still felt the guilt after the event, remembering about Kihyun's state. 

"Okay, I'm left out here and I don't know what you guys are talking about. But may I know why I am brought here?! You dragged me without my consent and I have to listen to your bull with a VAMPIRE??" Kihyun snapped, feeling furious and agitated for not knowing what happened. How a wolf could associate with a vampire that was originally eternal enemy for them, of how Hyunwoo's arrogant behavior yet protective towards him, the last 'conversation' he had with Hyunwoo that night the attacks of the creature they mentioned, all mingled inside Kihyun's mind.

Jaebum cut Hyunwoo before he even could reply. Giving the signal to Hyunwoo, he said, "I will explain but not here. Let's go to another room." He turned to Jinyoung and said, "Jinyoungie, dear. How about telling the brothers to meet in the Royal Hall?"

Jinyoung didn't say anything but he just nodded. Giving the last glance to Hyunwoo and Kihyun, he disappeared like a flash of light, leaving the sudden cold air behind. Jaebum smiled towards his action. "Ah, that young warrior. He was just shocked seeing other-kind here, just like this pretty wolfie here." he blinked to Kihyun after saying that, making Kihyun threw his gaze to another way. 

"Stop calling him that!" Hyunwoo warned with a glare.

Jaebum laughed heartily. "I have witnessed myself how possessive an alpha is! Alright, buddy. Let's just meet everyone." he patted Hyunwoo's shoulders casually, making Kihyun raise his eyebrow seeing that. 

Hyunwoo swatted Jaebum's hands and grabbed Kihyun's hand. "Let's go."

"I can walk by myself!" Kihyun tried to get himself free but stopped immediately when Hyunwoo said, "Or you prefer to be hoisted like a sack again?"

Grumbling, Kihyun followed Hyunwoo's steps with his hand tightly gripped by Hyunwoo like he wasn't going to let go. Kihyun had to hide the rosy tint on his cheeks that slowly crept through his entire face, making him curse internally because the omega within was feeling loved and safe. At least, for now, it was what Kihyun needed.

 


 

 

The Royal hall fitted the name perfectly because once Kihyun stepped on his feet there, a luxurious and brilliantly elegant vibe welcomed him. The crystal chandeliers hung in the square on the ceiling with one main in the middle, radiating the light inside the hall where a long banquet table with a fine tablecloth made of silk with gold ornaments was laid. The big white pillars were on the corners of the room which decorated like a dining room for a king and guests. Red, white and violet roses were put inside an expensive-looking vase in the center. As soon as they came inside, Hyunwoo gasped. "Jin?" He looked so shocked seeing Jin was here too.

Jin, the son of the elder in Jecheon city, smiled at him nervously. He sat with a seemingly old woman who dressed elegantly. She was beautiful with glowing skin but looked too pale. "Hyunwoo." Jin waved to him. 

Hyunwoo quickly released his grip from Kihyun and strode to Jin. Kihyun who was still observing the situation felt a pang of hurt by the time Hyunwoo released his hand from Kihyun. And not to mention how Hyunwoo quickly went to Jin who was sitting and smiling to him. In Kihyun's mind, he felt like seeing something precious being taken away from him. Even his omega felt the anxious within. 

Kihyun watched with an uneasy heart as Hyunwoo talked to Jin in a cautious manner. He could see Jin’s face glowed in happiness. Kihyun threw his gaze to the side. That’s when he also caught the changing in the vampire that Hyunwoo knew, Jaebum. It might be too strange to be said but Kihyun swore that he could see the emotion, like suppressed anger, in Jaebum’s face. He followed Jaebum’s look and gasped. Kihyun looked back and forth to Jaebum and Hyunwoo-Jin’s direction and understood.

Jaebum might be a vampire. But the state of his heart might be not in the opposite track of Kihyun right now.

He was drowned in jealousy.

Kihyun shook his head slowly; he couldn’t let this got in the way. The sooner they knew what to do, it would be better. If they could kill the creator of the creatures and stopped all of this and things got back to normal, maybe he would disappear forever from Hyunwoo or Yongguk’s sight. It was all too complicated for him to bear.

At that time, Hyunwoo looked at him. Their eyes met and the time seemed to stop. Kihyun felt like being a whirlwind of emotion; like being in a center of hurricane yet he could still feel and see things, even they were all blurry. He saw the flash of woods and streams; refreshing and relaxing as his little yet toned hairy feet swiftly ran in a steady pace. He felt like running on a wind, like he had no feet but rode on a wind. The land on which he runs on was damp; the scent of southern rain and grasses streamed through his snout, the feeling of freedom and content as a wolf that he longed the most.

Then he could see the small feet beside him. It was weird but he couldn’t see them clearly as the owners of the feet were covered by mountain mist; he was seeing in blurry but he could feel them; running together with him in steady pace; firm and bold, knowing what they did because they saw what he did.

Kihyun could feel him smiling; the feeling of love and proud and safe as the other larger image beside him started to howl. The jet black fur and sharp golden-green eyes stared back at him in a protective way. Kihyun felt the thousands of butterflies swarm in his stomach and spread throughout his entire being. This was his mate.

But then as they run through the shallow stream, the fresh water as he stepped on it turned into red. As red as blood and when he looked in a panic to the small feet behind him, a streak of fire separated them apart. Kihyun howled in anger and panic. But the fire started to get bigger and the red water got thicker. He looked into the water and saw his own reflection but he was not alone. He turned and saw the darkest of a dark pair of eyes stared back at him.

That’s when the owner of the eyes opened his mouth and swallowed Kihyun’s world ...

Kihyun opened his eyes in panic as he struggled away to whoever was holding him now. He screamed and cried in fear. “Kihyun, Kihyun ...” Kihyun could vaguely hear a voice tried to reach out for him. He gasped for air that seemed lacking due to panic, “Kihyun, Kihyun ... you’re safe, you’re safe. I’m here ...”

Then a warmth feeling enveloped him as he felt the familiar scent and steady heartbeat like a lullaby to his ears. Kihyun sniffed in the scent and he felt content and safe again. It didn’t take forever to know who was holding him with such intensity yet in a soothing way. He had felt those feeling before. Those arms that held him after he got a minor panic attack.

The one he loathed the most. The one whom his logic side had tried so hard to resist. The one his omega within yearned for.

The Alpha.

 


 

Kihyun sat with heavy thoughts. He should’ve not known these. The alpha should have not figured it out. But he knew. He finally knew.

Kihyun sighed. His head was pounding. The funny thing was his heart was also pounding so heart within as the new revelation he got. He thought of running away from this destiny but the fate of his kind also laid on his hands. He could not turn away easily. He hoped so but now—

Kihyun startled when he heard the rustle of someone’s fabric as the owner walked to his way.

Jin smiled at him in a friendly way. He asked with sincerity, “May I?”

Kihyun stared a little bit too long but then reluctantly he said, “Yes.”

Jin sat in front of Kihyun. His handsome yet pretty face was full of worry. “Are you ... alright?”

Kihyun didn’t know how to respond to that question. As a wolf, he used to be with his own kind. As a lone wolf, he used to be in the situation of being lonely. The human was on a neutral side. Tend to be enemy for some who didn’t know. Vice versa. A human was unstable. They would act out of fear for something unknown to them and thought something unknown would always harm them. What they missed was that all this time, they were the one who brought the biggest harm to creatures all around.

“What do you want?” asked Kihyun anxiously. He watched every single move from Jin cautiously.

Jin smiled awkwardly. “Nothing. I just wanted to—ask whether you’re alright or not. I mean knowing a thing like that would—probably made you, I don’t know, upset? Anxious?”

Kihyun didn’t say anything but what Jin had said was true. He did feel upset. He did feel anxious. But what he didn’t ask was he also did feel some kind of fluttery feeling inside, tingling and aching.

Jin stared deeply into Kihyun’s eyes. “I get it if you don’t want to talk about it right now. I just want to say this that—“ Jin paused for a moment before he continued again, “—don’t run from your destiny. You were here for a reason. I know you felt it right inside. You were destined something greater. Not alone. Together with Hyunwoo. Both of you were destined as mates. Not just mates, but warriors as well.” Jin took a deep breath and said again, “Please don’t run because I can see that doubt in your eyes. He will be a great alpha and you will be the one who will stand beside him to support him." "Kihyun, accept your destiny. Be his mate and save your kind.”

Kihyun opened his mouth but no words could be said. He stared back into Jin’s eyes that reflected his pure soul. Suddenly he could feel the sincerity and sadness in Jin’s eyes. Kihyun knew as the dots started to get connected. He knew the soft undertone he used when he said 'Hyunwoo' and instinctively understood the emotion laid behind the tone. Having loved someone so dearly only to find out he already had a soulmate, was a grief for a soft soul like Jin. For a moment he didn’t say anything but then he got up and walked to the window pane, watched the crescent moon in the sky glowed and reappeared every time the clouds enveloped it.

“ I need to tell you something,” said Kihyun as he was staring the moon.

“Yes?” asked Jin, walking closer to him.

Kihyun turned and his eyes sparked luminously under the moonlight as he said, “The thing about prophecy is that ... it was full of riddles and possibilities because it was so ancient and dark.” Kihyun sniffed the cold night air with eyes tightly shut. The scent of trees and stream. Kihyun smiled to himself, “I know a secret that I am afraid I haven’t shared to all of you.” Kihyun turned his face to Jin, eyes opened in dark glint with a voice as icy as mountain snow, his skin glowed under the dim moonlight. “I could be his destined mate or his death.”

 

a/n

I edited this at 15/9/18