Paper Hearts (2)

The Book of ShowKi

Pairing :    Son Hyunwoo x  Yoo Kihyun

                 Min Yoongi     x  Yoo Kihyun

                 (slight of Son Hyunwoo  x  Lee Minhyuk)

Genre : Romance, Angst? Idk -- You can decide after reading ^^ 

BGM : Paper Hearts by Tori Kelly


I hate this paper hearts

And I'll hold a piece of yours

Don't think I would just forget about it

Hoping that you won't forget about it 


His mind kept telling him not to do something that he would regret but his heart told him to do otherwise. He wanted to make something that he would regret, something risky, something reckless ...

That was the last thought he had when he pulled Kihyun closer and pressed his lips against Kihyun's deeply


To be kissed by a guy wasn't something unfamiliar to Kihyun. He recalled that day when he was kissed by a guy.
It was a usual Saturday night when he and Yoongi drank too much liquor and the alcohol level was too high in his bloodstream made him unable to think normally. When suddenly Yoongi pulled him to his side and started to kiss him. In confusion and out of curiosity, Kihyun kissed him back. They shared a long and deep bizarre kiss because it was a mixture of alcohol, confusion, anger, sadness, curiosity, and a little lust. Kihyun remembered how swollen and red his lips became and how after a deep and long kiss, they both passed out in Yoongi's bed, holding each other.
They woke up and hadn't said anything in a week. And that moment became a past and forgotten.

But here, at this very moment, Kihyun felt something different.
He tried to pull back but Hyunwoo deepened the kiss by gripping his hip by his left hand and placing his right hand in the back of Kihyun's head. Kihyun couldn't move anywhere nor pulled back. So Kihyun just closed his eyes and began to melt in the kiss.
Hyunwoo's kiss was different than any other kisses he had tasted. It was more sweet and addicting than Yoongi's kiss or any girl he ever kissed. Kihyun couldn't figure out the difference. Was it the plump lips he always dreamt of, or the masculine scent of Hyunwoo, or because now Kihyun could vaguely felt Hyunwoo's heartbeat against his. He opened his mouth slightly, trying to feel Hyunwoo more, inviting him to taste himself ...
Hyunwoo tasted so masculine. It was tempting, beastly and brutally sweet. Kihyun felt like being drunk in Hyunwoo's lips.


Kihyun's kiss tasted different, that's what Hyunwoo thought. He could feel Kihyun's struggle at first but it faded away now, replaced with a hesitant yet inviting kiss. Hyunwoo had kissed girls before but this kiss was unexpected, different. Hyunwoo once thought it would be such a gross and disgusted feeling to kiss or be kissed by a man. But here, now, he was kissing Kihyun softly yet passionately. His lips, his lips. Hyunwoo stopped for a while to look at the mole in the upper corner of Kihyun's lips only to crush his lips again with Kihyun's lips which opened now with the same eagerness as he had.
It was inviting-
It was too sweet like nectar-
It was addictive and confusing-
It was majestic.
Hyunwoo felt like being drunk in Kihyun's lips ...

They pulled out in desperation of air. Face flushed and warm. For a moment, they tried to catch their breath and stared at each other in confusion. At this moment, Kihyun couldn't say anything at all. He breathed heavily with a weird feeling inside his stomach.
Hyunwoo looked into Kihyun's eyes and while his hands still holding Kihyun's head, he leaned closer and whispered, " This, is how you suppose to kiss someone."

Kihyun's face reddened again. If it was possible. His mind suddenly replayed that day when he recklessly kissed Hyunwoo. Or tried to kiss him. Kihyun suddenly was feeling irritated. He pulled back and pushed Hyunwoo a little.
"Satisfied? Can I go now?" he asked in a flat tone.
Hyunwoo looked at him with no expression. He furrowed his brow and laughed while shaking his head. "Yoo Kihyun, you really are special."
Kihyun felt a jolt in his heart hearing Hyunwoo called his name. But he was mad now and embarrassed and confused. He wanted just to go away so he turned his body.
"Kihyun," Hyunwoo grabbed his wrist again and pulled him one more time into his arms.
Hyunwoo arms embraced him tightly, leaving no place to run. Not even breathe. Kihyun wanted to curse this man who made his heart miserably beating out of rhyme. He could feel Hyunwoo tightened his embrace.
Kihyun whimpered. It was embarrassing but strangely, he felt some peace in this confusing situation...
Hyunwoo placed his head in Kihyun's soft chestnut hair and inhaled it deeply. The scent of Kihyun's hair was a mixture of mint and cigarette. Same like Kihyun's kiss, it was minty and cigarette taste. Hyunwoo noted to himself that he would definitely remember those smell differently starting from now. Everything was different now in Hyunwoo's perspective as he held this small and thin figure with a minty and cigarette smell.
Hyunwoo loosened his embrace but still holding Kihyun in place. He stared into Kihyun who was staring at him back in mixed expression. He couldn't say what expression that was, he didn't really care. He held Kihyun's face right now, it lightly, inhaled deeply and said, "For what I did two weeks ago, it was mean and coward. Forgive me."
Kihyun's breath hitched. He hated how his heart was touched and how his eyes started to sting a bit.

Sometimes he hated his heart, as weak and as fragile as paper.
His paper heart.

 

✽✽

 

Yoongi played a song that he just composed with his guitar. He replayed the lyric again and changed when he felt it was out of rhyme. He picked his wooden guitar and played it wholeheartedly as if he wanted to send the melody to the wind.
At times like this, he would just look outside his window, gazed upon the stars and the sky. His dull mind played his childhood memory like a film without a sound. And his heart would break in pieces knowing that it was still a beautiful memory although ten years had passed.
Yoongi sighed. He was waiting for Kihyun today but he said he couldn't come. He had class. Yoo Kihyun had class. It was such an unbelieving fact. Yoongi knew that someone had stolen Kihyun away from him-
It's not like he owned Kihyun. Maybe he was too weak, too clingy so he felt desperate when Kihyun wasn't around. He didn't get used to. He always had Kihyun by his side.
It was a pathetic excuse,
maybe he tried so hard to deny,
that e really did fall in love with Yoo Kihyun, his best friend.

Yoongi reached out his phone. He was looking at it in an uncertain feeling. He opened picture by picture and suddenly his calm state broke into sobs. He cried out his heart that night.

 

✽✽

 

Kihyun didn't understand what kind of situation he had with Hyunwoo. One day they met and kissed like there's no tomorrow. The other day they would avoid each other's eyes.
Like today. He was yawning after the class, and yes, he even couldn't believe he wanted to come to class these days, walked aimlessly around campus where he saw Hyunwoo and a silver-hair guy walked and laughed together. He knew Hyunwoo got few friends and many fans on the campus. Yet he always saw this man hung around with Hyunwoo a lot.
He felt a fire burnt in his chest. He gritted his teeth when he saw how touchy that man with Hyunwoo and how friendly Hyunwoo towards him.
He followed their movements with a deep and angry gaze and maybe Hyunwoo sensed it. His eyes accidentally met with Kihyun's eyes and his smile faded away.
Kihyun snorted and walked furiously to the campus entrance gate. He hated this weird feeling that he had towards Hyunwoo. He didn't understand why he felt like someone that he is not in latter's arm, or had this crazy tingly feeling inside his stomach every time he saw Hyunwoo's eyes or just his back view. Kihyun really had no clue as to what happened to him lately. His mind seemed to be somewhere else and he felt miserable and desperate.
Kihyun didn't like being in this ... situation. He was usually strong and independence . Never needed anyone's presence to make him happy.
Now that he met Hyunwoo, who inconsiderately had turned his heart upside down, he felt like he was not being independence anymore. He felt weak, imprisoned and locked in Hyunwoo's magnetic presence.

 

✽✽

 

Kihyun was talking casually with Yoongi in a cafe near the campus when he saw a pair of man came inside the same cafe. He saw that Hyunwoo was with that silver hair man again. And this time, that man was dragging himself with his hands clung onto Hyunwoo's thick arm. He was laughing so brightly.

Yoongi followed his gaze and saw a muscular and handsome man was dragging his silver-hair man along to a chair near the window. They were laughing and talking. Yoongi turned his look into Kihyun who was still watching them in a sad expression. Yes, it was a sad expression. Kihyun might deny it but Yoongi knew him and he knew it wasn't a usual angry or nonchalant face as he always tried to show to anybody. It was a forlorn look Kihyun had ever given to someone.

"You know them?" Yoongi asked, spooning his ice cream cake and shoved it into his own mouth.
Kihyun only looked at him. His face was tense and he shrugged. "Even if I know, I don't care."
Yoongi kept spooning his ice cream cake. He was sure that it was the guy who Kihyun talked about and maybe dreamt about lately. Well maybe unconsciously. Kihyun talked about him in a very secretive and careful manner so Yoongi had to guess who the man was.
Kihyun, tried his best to not glance over them, was defeated by his curiosity. He kept glancing at them and gritted his teeth in anger.
Yoongi patted his shoulder, "You need to clarify that. I knew he was the man you always talked about. Don't you dare to lie to me, Kihyun."
Kihyun frowned. He put his spoon away and stared outside the window.
Yoongi reached out Kihyun's hands and held it in his own hands. He stared at Kihyun. He always loved those beautiful orbs of Kihyun who was fiery and intense. But now it was glossy and made him look beautifully fragile. Yoongi smiled. Yoo Kihyun was always beautiful. That little scar near his temple or his piercings never stole his beauty away.
"Kihyunnie, it was him, wasn't it?"
Kihyun turned his head to Yoongi. His eyes glistened with every word, reluctantly, he nodded. He glanced over to Hyunwoo again.

 

✽✽

 

Hyunwoo saw Kihyun sat in the opposite direction of him in the cafe. Some blonde man who had the same slender and small figure was holding Kihyun's hands in his hands.
Hyunwoo, who was laughing, now stopped and his eyes met with Kihyun's eyes.
Time seemed to freeze.
Hyunwoo felt a sudden anxious and uncomfortable feeling in his chest and stomach. He felt a wave of inexplicable anger rose up. He secretly hated when Kihyun's hands were held by someone else-
Or when he sat like a couple with someone else-
Or when he smiled to someone else-
He wanted that hands, smile, and body of Yoo Kihyun to be his.

Hyunwoo bit his lips. He often saw Kihyun with that guy hung around. He believed that the guy was a bad influence on Kihyun as he could see that the guy wore the same style of clothes just like Kihyun, black in black.
And as the anger filled him up, he rose from his seat and walked towards Kihyun. Minhyuk was shocked and called him in confusion,"Hyung? Where you're going to?"
Hyunwoo didn't care if he was called impulsive. He just walked to Kihyun, who was looking at him in disbelief. He grabbed Kihyun's hands by force, made the other guy who was sat in front of him flinched and glared at him. He pulled Kihyun up and sent a threat look to the guy, " I'm going with him."
The guy wanted to say something but decided to shut his mouth as he saw no resistance from Kihyun's side. He just glared at him.
Hyunwoo managed to drag Kihyun along to go outside. He didn't care when he heard Minhyuk called him in confusion. Or when Kihyun whispered sternly," Let me go, you embarrass me!"
He kept dragging Kihyun along, breached through a group of people who scurried to cross the green light. It's not like Kihyun didn't try to untangle himself from the guy who was twice his size. He tried, but Hyunwoo didn't budge.

After a distance, he stopped. They were now standing under the lamp post in the city park. Kihyun yanked his hands away and looked at Hyunwoo in furious.
"Stop doing this! What the hell do you want?! " He furiously yelled at Hyunwoo.
Hyunwoo exhaled the air with frustration. He, too, needed to know. Why would he do that? He's not an impulsive person. Turned out, that when it was about the man in front of him, he was an impulsive man.
Irritated, Kihyun clenched his fist and without a warning, he swung his fist into Hyunwoo's face. He didn't know for sure why he did that but he was very angry with the guy in front of him. All this pain, unexplained feeling, bitterness, and confusion filled every ounce of him and he snapped. Just like a fiery flame.

Hyunwoo, surprisingly, was only wiped his bleeding lips away in a calm manner. He took a deep breath and faced Kihyun as if he asked Kihyun to continue to launch the attack to him.
Kihyun, out of frustration, swung another fist to Hyunwoo's face, followed by another fist, and after the third, he pulled Hyunwoo roughly and kissed him.

The kiss was rough and painful. Kihyun remembered again that day in the rooftop of the third-level abandoned building near his campus where he kissed Hyunwoo for the first time.
But this kiss was rough and painful in a different level. Kihyun could taste the blood from Hyunwoo's lips. But he was focused only to taste the sweetness of Hyunwoo's lips that was devouring his lips as well.
Kihyun gripped Hyunwoo's front jacket tightly as if he was afraid to let go and the action was replied by Hyunwoo's hand in the back of his head, impatiently pulled him closer to deepen their kiss.

After minutes maybe hours, they lost track of time, they pulled out to catch their breath. As they were panting, Kihyun didn't dare to look into Hyunwoo's eyes. He stared at the ground with their forehead leaned to each other. Hyunwoo was breathing heavily in his face. Kihyun felt his legs faltered away and he tightened his grip on Hyunwoo to support his body.

It was Hyunwoo who lightly held his chin and lifted his face. He stared into Kihyun's beautiful orbs that were glowing and glistening under the lamp post. Those eyes that were haunting him day and night, made him miserable, yet in a beautiful kind of way. Hyunwoo's heart felt like exploding from this overwhelmed feeling towards the man in front of him.

This time Kihyun was staring into Hyunwoo's eyes. How he loved to look into those small eyes that reflected the gentleness and strength of the owner. Kihyun closed his eyes, afraid of looking miserable. How he hated his fragile heart but he didn't know why, this time he trusted his heart, " What are we? What games are we playing now?"
Hyunwoo Kihyun's chestnut hair softly and shook his head, " We're not playing anything. I'm tired of fooling myself, denying the only one I want so much,"
Kihyun stared at him as his heart skipped a beat.
"I don't want to run anymore from my heart. The truth is- I'm sorry but I want you for myself."

Kihyun sometimes hated his heart, his paper heart. But this time, he believed in his heart that was beating rapidly under the dim light of lamp post.

It was beautiful...

 


 

 

 

A/N   I was planning over and over again to take a rest

          but this mind couldn't agree as it kept plotting this story so I had to write it down. 

          Hi, readers ... another chapter of Paper Heart! Sorry for repeating the name but this song is seriously super sweet and accompany me                   writing down this story so I could catch the feeling :)

         So, what do you think of this chapter? Do comments if you feel like liking it :D :D

         Until now, as my mind was demanding for a rest.

         You, readers, have a sip of warm chocolate or coffee and happy reading!