Red Moon (5)

The Book of ShowKi

 


Shownu x Kihyun 


 

Panting breathlessly, Kihyun could only see things in a blur. The thick, hot air surrounded him. His sense was dull at the moment except for the touch, the skin that was on fire throughout his body, starting with one searing hot kiss roused the trail of goosebumps along with its journey. Kihyun elicited a moan, a breathy moan that he held for so long, afraid to get lost in the ecstasy because the person who touched and kissed his entire body knew exactly what he was doing. The sensation didn’t die but accelerated as well as Kihyun’s heartbeat, yearning for another move, writhing in unfulfilled desire, ready to be shattered in blissful release...

Kihyun woke up with a bad feeling. He was soaked in cold sweat. He frantically looked at his surrounding, finding none but himself. Once again. The memory had rushed over him and he winced at the sensation of overlapping pictures and sounds and events. He realized that he was not in the village anymore, not on the battlefield as they were supposed to be.

Without his alpha.

Kihyun rose in panic but then realized he was chained, in his left ankle, holding him from escaping but he could still move around. Kihyun observed where he was, it was a big and dark one. A cave, or where he didn’t have any idea.

The place was quiet and eerie. Too quiet, like nothing was around.

But death.

Kihyun tried to remember why he was here because the last place that he remembered was ...

 


 

 

216 hours before ...

“Jaebum! Where are the rest of your man?” Hyunwoo shouted to the vampire who was furiously attacking a creature that slithered to his direction with only his head left from his body. Groaning hard, Jaebum smashed the head with his powerful feet. It was no longer head but a puddle of thick and gooey liquid.

“That damn creature! I thought that my kind was sometimes disgusting but they’re worse!” Jaebum spat. His eyes turned complete black along with his hatred.

“Where're your men?” asked Hyunwoo again, releasing the creature that he gripped in his mouth with his sharp teeth and shredded it apart.

Jaebum looked around him; finding Jinyoung who was moving among the trees, before attacking one of the creatures. It was snarling fiercely but Jinyoung was no ordinary vampire warrior. He had been in thousands of battles and fought men and other night creatures. Soon the fight ended with Jinyoung hissed and kicked the head of the creature with a deep scowl in his face. Jaebum smiled before turning his head to find his men.

Bam Bam was snarling and trapping the creature between the narrow tree before he ripped the head from its body; Yugyeom and Mark hauled three creatures to the edge of the bridge and threw them to the river below; while Jackson was nowhere in sight.

“I saw my trusted warriors here and so the rest of my men. I expect more vampires to join by tonight but they perhaps were lost?” Jaebum grinned as he saw the deep frown in Hyunwoo’s face.

“The creatures move so fast. I just, I have a bad feeling about this. I believe we are missing something here.” Hyunwoo shook his head, the cloud of confusion hung heavily above him. He could sense something was off but he was frustrated that he couldn’t pinpoint what it was. “Do you think that this attack is too soon?”

Jaebum stared at Hyunwoo right in his black orbs. He could smell the adrenaline that pumped throughout Hyunwoo’s body. He was so tense, his body emitted the feral aura, a powerful alpha indeed. Jaebum shook his thought and concentrated on the train of events that happened before they got here. He learned that the creatures created by Camazotz were supposed to stay hidden, waiting for the purity of ’s blessing that would heighten their ability and strength on that day; when the moon turned to red, blood would be shed.

It wasn’t that day. Why would they attack? Leaving their vulnerability exposed to the whole supernatural world? Something was definitely off.

“You’re right. We’re missing something, wolfie. But I can’t answer what is it.” Jaebum threw his gaze to the night sky, of the dark clouds. He was never afraid of anything; thousand years of roaming the earth, he was a danger himself. He’s the darkness, the warrior. Even Prince of Vampire put his respect on him.

But this, this smell of imminent cruel darkness was thick. Jaebum knew he was dealing with something bigger, more dangerous. Something ancient that might be the end of his race.

Camazotz was the god of darkness, Jaebum understood. He was born with the myth, the legend. But the prophecy itself promised him one thing: that something would be born out of the darkness itself, far more dangerous and deadly. The end of mankind and the supernatural world might come sooner.

Yongguk suddenly came in sight; bringing along Kihyun with him, fought side by side against two creatures. Kihyun had shifted; his elegant white wolf shining under the dark of the night. Jaebum got a shot of a strange illuminating tattoo spread in the white wolf’s chest area but he didn’t have time to observe as Kihyun started to snarl and bared his teeth to one of the creatures. He moved swiftly and Jaebum admitted he was impressed with the omega’s skill to dodge the attack and pushed back with full force.

Yongguk did marvelous too. His dark grey wolf roared and jumped to the creature bravely. He didn’t back down when the creature screeched and tossed him; he stood and charged an attack fiercely.

Hyunwoo spotted them both; his eyes went red when his Alpha took over him completely.

The jet black wolf shifted into a werewolf with an impressive built, chased the creature who was attacking Kihyun.

Kihyun was biting the creature’s leg when he saw Hyunwoo.

“Oh me.” he bit harder while Hyunwoo managed to catch the creature with his hands and snapped its head away from the torso.

“I CAN HANDLE THIS MYSELF!” shouted Kihyun with a hard expression. He had shifted to human form. He was about to walk away when Hyunwoo scooped him.

“What are you doing? Hey, stop!” Kihyun kicked his legs in Hyunwoo’s arms while Hyunwoo possessively smelled his neck, the place where his gland is.

“Mate.” Hyunwoo purred in delight. And Kihyun couldn’t deny that he looked so cute despite the monstrous form he was when he held Kihyun. His omega wolf within purred in content, knowing how much this Alpha wanted him.

This hormonal omega , Kihyun rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“P-put me down! This is—damn! THIS IS EMBARRASSING!” Kihyun shouted again. Hyunwoo took him Away from the battlefield, leaving Yongguk who was tearing apart the creature’s neck.

He was walking back to the village leader’s meeting hall, welcomed by a long howl from his comrades.

Kihyun could feel the blush crept along his cheeks. He hid his face and hoped Hyunwoo didn’t have to display his possessiveness to his pack.

Knowing that Kihyun hid his face deeper into his neck, Hyunwoo smirked.

By Moon Goddess, he smirked in his werewolf form! Kihyun shrieked in horror but amused. “Stop that! Now put me down!”

Hyunwoo sighed. He still held Kihyun, “Why do you keep resisting being with me, mate?”

Kihyun scoffed. “Stop this romantic bull. We have things to be worried! How can you drag me out of this?”

Hyunwoo smiled throughout his act, he admired this omega’s stubbornness but he was getting impatient. The need to mark him and claim him was gnawing within. He huffed and shifted back to his human form. He could see the admiration glint in Kihyun’s eyes. It was from his omega but Hyunwoo knew Kihyun would deny it strongly.

“I can’t bear to see anything hurting you. I am supposed to take care and protect you all the time.”

“And that is the biggest bull I have ever heard! First, I am not a weakling you need to guard 24 hours! Second, you’re not my bodyguard! Not even my husband! You can’t tell me what to do or what not. You have to respect every decision I made!”

Hyunwoo gritted his teeth. “Omega, keep your tone when you’re talking with me.”

Kihyun widened his eyes in disbelief. “Omega? Omega?! Yeah, I am! That’s me! So because I am an omega you treat me like a weakling?! Because omega can not fight ?! They can’t defend themselves?! Because they are made for carrying pups and become alpha’s toy?? Is that what you mean, Mr. Almighty Alpha Hyunwoo?”

“I didn’t say that—”

“I have a name! Stop calling me with that ‘omega’ title! And stop saying I am your mate! My mate could be anyone! It could be Alpha Yongguk—”

“No!” Hyunwoo abruptly roared. His eyes darkened when Kihyun mentioned Yongguk. “ No! You’re mine! You’re my mate, not his!”

Kihyun was panting. The strong scent of musky cedarwood his omega rattled him from within. He fought himself from laying flat with his back, and expose his stomach in submission; he was trembling from fighting his own instinct.

Hyunwoo held his Alpha down before claiming his mate when he saw Kihyun was trembling. He didn’t mean to-

“Ki ..” he was about to touch him when Yongguk came in.

“Leave him. You scared him,” he said, firm and coldly.

Hyunwoo growled, standing up straight if full defensive mode, blocking Kihyun’s body from Yongguk. “No, you LEAVE us.” Should anyone run into an unmated alpha mate together with his mate, they would wish to have swift legs like a gazelle or prayed for any chance they might have to stay alive.

Yongguk took a step forward, his jaw got tense. He knew that Kihyun was in anguish and it’s clear but his stubborn ... relative seemed to ignore that. “He’s panic, Hyunwoo, just leave. Your presence did this to him.”

Yongguk made it sound as a commanding request but he knew that Hyunwoo, a future alpha with remarkable alpha blood in him, would never listen to any of his words.

He’s right. Hyunwoo growled loud and lunged at him. That’s it, Yongguk braced the attack and both now rolled on the floor and started throwing fists towards each other.

“Enough—“ Kihyun whimpered, his omega within cried in agony. He knew both of them didn’t want to hurt him but it’s the past that haunted him every time he’s alone with an alpha, or alphas in this case.

“ENOUGH!!” Kihyun shouted, his eyes darkened and he let out a frightening snarl to stop them from tearing each other’s throat.

“Stop it! Stop!”

Kihyun slumped to the floor, shook his head and closed both of his ears. His body was trembling hard which made Hyunwoo and Yongguk stopped immediately and ran towards him. But when Hyunwoo touched him, Kihyun flinched and inches away. It made Hyunwoo’s heart hurt in a way that he never felt before.

He knew he has ed up.

“Kihyun-ssi, Kihyun, can you hear me?” Yongguk asked softly, extending his hand to reach Kihyun. He could hear the low growl coming from Hyunwoo but he didn’t give a damn care. “It’s me. I’m not going to hurt you .. I’m sorry. It’s stupid.”

Kihyun didn’t respond anything, just shutting himself from the two alphas who were there with him.

“Kihyun, if it pleases you, I will go. But tell me that you’re okay and I will leave now”

The way Yongguk spoke to his omega made Hyunwoo burnt in jealousy. But he kept quiet, silently watching the small interaction made by Yongguk and secretly learned to the way he treated the panic omega.

Yongguk will be a great alpha, a great leader to his pack one day.

And to his mate. It was undeniably something that Hyunwoo admitted wholeheartedly.

But why this ... heavy feeling suddenly creeping inside? Hyunwoo could feel the sadness burdened him as he saw how he reacted every time the older try to get closer to him. When all that Hyunwoo wanted to do was to impress him; his mate, his soulmate, the one who will share this life together and after, to love and cherish and protect—

Hyunwoo abruptly stood up which made Kihyun flinch and inch closer to Yongguk. Swallowing his jealousy and anger—and hurt—Hyunwoo said, “I will ... take my leave. Please, take care of him...” he made his way to the door before glancing one more time to Kihyun.

With a deep sigh, Hyunwoo opened the door and back to the front line.

 

***

 

Did it feel good?

Kihyun snorted with the question popped up in his mind. The omega whimpered in sadness.

Kihyun made him go. For now.

He could enjoy this, right? Right?

No. He thought he was glad. But he grew accustomed to his unwilling companionship. It felt right, safe and protected. He could feel the invisible pull that drew him towards the alpha. But yet, he felt comfortable and protected around Yongguk too.

Now, what should he do?

 ***

 

As the morning came,

The birds didn’t do what they should. It’s as if they knew these days were the days of the evil.

The bright morning sun slowly lit the whole area; carcasses of wolves in half-forms and human corpses laid in one giant pile along with the bodies of strange creatures mixture of an ugly looking werewolf without fur, grey slimy skin with tentacles as their hands and sharp fangs and teeth.

The elders had decided to burn those bodies to send the warning to those creatures. But that also perceived as the mourn of the villagers and the pack for losing their brothers, mothers, fathers, and children in one night battle.

Hyunwoo was drowned in his thought; the fear of losing his pack, his family, Kihyun ...

It was a lot. He wasn’t even the Alpha yet. But he cares a lot for his pack and funny, he cares a lot for the safety of Jaebum’s coven and Jin’s race.

In this situation, it was clear that humans are the weakest race to go against those creatures. But Hyunwoo knew it better, humans may not have what it takes to take down creatures like them naturally, but they are smarter and tougher, they will do anything to survive.

Thinking about human, Hyunwoo remembered Jin.

That tough one young man.

He didn’t see him last night after he got out of the meeting hall but he did see him vanish somewhere,

with that bloody leech.

Jaebum.

Hyunwoo swore and took note of this and how the impression of how Jaebum behaved lately, pulled the red string and he got one clue he didn’t want to admit.

.

 


 

Jin was fixing his clothes when Jaebum s his hands around his waist from behind. He hissed and tried to pry those hands off. “Stop it. I’ve got to go now.”

Jaebum laughed huskily. “Your body is too inviting in the morning. I couldn’t help it.”

“Wasn’t last night enough already?!” Jin wriggled his way out of Jaebum but to no avail. “Hey! Seriously—“

Jaebum smiled and tightened his grip, hugging Jin from behind. “Please stay for a while. “ He didn’t understand why he became clingy like this. It’s probably that day when his loneliness has taken its toll on him when he reluctantly admitted that he actually needed somebody to warm his cold life.

Some warm body like this.

Talking about it, Jin is so warm, his messy unkempt hair after last night’s ‘fling’ they did was undeniably attractive, pale skin with red cherry plump lips he kissed and bit until they’re swollen. Jin is always beautiful, no matter what. His kind heart that beat erratically when the taller traced his chest with his cold long fingers. Jaebum was drunk of Jin when he was finally inside him, marking him mentally as his forever.

Jin shook his head in disbelief, then playfully glanced over his shoulders. This unholy, capricious monster unexpectedly did something to his heart. It wasn’t like what he felt towards Hyunwoo. It’s stronger. His stomach, together with his brain and heart would somersault crazily every time the said pulled himself to his steel and cold body.

And when he placed himself inside him—

Jin blushed but abruptly stopped when he saw Jaebum smirk. “W-what? Stop that.”

Jaebum didn’t stop smirking.

Of course, he wouldn’t.

He tightened his hug, if that even possible, then whispered sweet-nothings before he Jin’s ear. “Thinking about me? About last night?”

“No. I was thinking about ... things. Okay, I really need to go. Just—“

“You know that you’re not really good in lying, right? Your heart ... I can hear it clearly. It’s beating so fast? Why is it beating so fast, Kim Seokjin-ssi?”

Jin snorted but for Heaven sake, his heart was thumping wildly. Why?

“... I don’t know. You tell me,” Jin shrugged, pretending to be innocent and threw the question back to Jaebum.

Jaebum smiled and brushed Jin’s chest, lightly grazed his left with his cold finger. At this rate, Jin blushed again, his cheeks were red and warm. “Living in this world long enough, the wild thumping in your chest means two things.”

“Mm? What’s that?”

Jaebum leaned closer, his breath fanned Jin’s pale neck. “Either someone is feeling a tremendous fear or being too excited.” The vampire bit lightly the human’s neck, his tongue swiped the area afterward. “ Tell me, which one are you?”

Jin held his laughter but soon his voice was lost in Jaebum’s grunts and groans as he once again claimed Jin’s body until the latter was spent and wrecked in the dangerous love of a vampire.


 

The attacks were increasing as the days before the 1000th Red Moon appeared. Every night the patrols found either small group of the creatures or the big one raided a village. Casualties came from both sides: the alliance and the creatures themselves. The dark clouds hung heavily and even more, as smoke from burning rose in every corner of Jecheon. Every pack, coven, and village have set up their defense system with a large number of patrols. There are fear and despair in everyone’s gloomy face but the leaders of each community kept encouraging and reassuring them that there will always be a hope where they could depend on.

A future,

their loved ones,

their beliefs.

Hyunwoo had to check his household every day and gather all supports he could find, even from warlocks, mermaids, and the deadly manticore clans. They all agreed on one thing; that if Camazotz gets what he wants, they’re all soon sent to doom.

 


 

 

Hyunwoo was walking down from the hill to his mansion when he spotted Yongguk and Kihyun were crouching down to something and laughing in a comfortable manner.

It was something ordinary if anyone could ask. There’s no romance in whatever they did,

but it set Hyunwoo’s heart on fire.

He marched angrily towards them and they could hear him well because they turned their heads towards his coming. There’s a glint of adoration in Kihyun’s eyes but it’s quickly being erased with Kihyun averted his eyes to anything but Hyunwoo.

A mate should be proud of their significant other, not bother themselves by hiding it. They should do what a soulmate do, right?

Hyunwoo’s mind was unclear and foggy but the rejection—that’s what he had in mind—was so unbearable and it made him angry. He didn’t waste any second before landing a punch in Yongguk’s face.

Yongguk who didn’t anticipate the attack fell backward but quickly gathered himself and stood up in defensive mode. His eyes darkened with anger spread throughout his body, a proper reaction from an alpha. He let out a low growl from his throat to threaten.

Hyunwoo growled back. His eyes turned black, accepting the challenge. But before he went into an alpha mode, he hissed, “You should never touch someone else’s mate and you know it better.”

But before he went to attack, Kihyun stubbornly stood between them. “Don’t!”

Hyunwoo glared. “This is not your place to stand between us, omega.” Hyunwoo knew well Kihyun didn’t like to be called like that but in their world, meddling into alphas’ business was unforgivable and Hyunwoo had to remind him of that. And also his rank, even if he was Hyunwoo’s, so-called mate.

Kihyun growled back. “I will stop you two from killing each other because your pack needs you both.”

“Kihyun...” Hyunwoo almost lost his patience.

“This is a futile match! You gain nothing from this but your packs will be terrible from whatever result this match is.”

Hyunwoo growled but Yongguk warned him. “Don’t you ever—“

“Shut up! You don’t know anything! You try to snatch my mate away and I won’t forgive you for that!”

“I didn’t steal someone else’s mate! If Kihyun is what you mean, he never mentions anything about being your mate so I don’t see why I should back down.”

Kihyun sighed. “Just—“

Hyunwoo’s nostrils flared with every pent-up anger. “Why don’t you explain to him about the prophecy properly now. Hm?”

Kihyun’s eyes flickered with emotion. “I-I—don’t know what you’re talking about ...”

“I’ve heard it. The Camazotz needs a pure rare omega to be bred and I know it’s Kihyun. So?” Yongguk calmly responded but his eyes shot a menacing look towards Hyunwoo.

Hyunwoo smirked and looked into Kihyun’s eyes. “Is that all, pure Omega? You didn’t tell him the whole story?”

Kihyun clenched his fist in anger. Of course, it’s not that all!

“Since the pure rare omega doesn’t want to say anything, I will gladly explain it to you.”

“Don’t—“

Hyunwoo held Kihyun’s hand, “If Camazotz has him and breed him, we’re all doomed. But there’s one way to make sure it won’t happen,” Yongguk squinted his eyes, expecting the truth he never heard before.

“The omega needs to mate with the true alpha and when they have claimed each other, they will become one. The Silver Wolves, like twins, they will break the prophecy of the doom and send the Camazotz back to his cursed abode.”

Yongguk held his breath as his mind tried to decipher the information. A true alpha?

“And the true alpha is alpha from wolf’s pack?” Yongguk asked.

“Not just any pack. The true heir from a Silver Wolf, the ancestor of the Alpha that kept the peace of our packs.”

Yongguk gaped his mouth. “O-our ancestor?”

“Yes but only the true heir and I know it’s me!” Hyunwoo snapped.

Yongguk scoffed. “I earn the title as much as you do and your father and mine are the direct descendants of the Silver Wolf! You know it! So Kihyun is destined either with me or with you to break the doom of our race!”

“Just—quit. Stop it! I can’t stand being with you two!” Kihyun snapped, wriggled his hand from Hyunwoo’s grip.

Hyunwoo’s face darkened. Yeah, it’s either him or Yongguk to claim this omega. And by Moon Goddess, his heart couldn’t take this! His heart was attached to Kihyun although the said never reciprocated his heart.

“Kihyun, it’s your call. Which one do you choose? Hyunwoo or me?” Yongguk suddenly threw the question Hyunwoo longed to say. Yet he dared not doing that, not yet until he got Kihyun’s heart.

Kihyun stopped his hand from prying Hyunwoo’s grip and widened his eyes from the question. This is it! Now he couldn’t seem to get away from his destiny after all.

“What do you mean?” Kihyun asked weakly, trying to stall the time. He needed to think. He needed to decide wisely.

“You know what he meant.” Said Hyunwoo coldly. He let go of Kihyun’s hand and backed away, keeping his distance with Kihyun.

Kihyun’s omega whimpered. His legs felt so weak and why did they have to do it now?

“I ... I choose—“

 


 

“Skinwalkers!”

The shout of some panic man had greeted Hyunwoo when he arrived in the village after visiting of the most powerful warlocks’ den. His eyes turned complete dark, his canines elongated with the smell of an unnatural mixture of strange creatures. They called the creatures with a name of ‘skinwalker’ due to their unique slimy pale skin, reminds them with a deformed crossbreed of a vampire and wolf.

“Kihyun, go back to the Cave! Stay there until it’s safe!” Hyunwoo turned his head to omega who was standing beside him.

“What? No!” Kihyun yelled in anger. “You can’t treat me like a woman! I want to fight too!”

“Kihyun, you’re not a woman and will never be one but for this once, please listen. This attack seems different than usual!” Hyunwoo tried to explain through his hiss, his wolf was angry because the omega, his mate, kept being stubborn.

Maybe not angry but he’s terrified. His wolf sensed something and it whined loudly in Hyunwoo’s ears, asking him to stay with Kihyun all the time.

“Well thank you but—“

“Please, Kihyun-ssi, he’s right,” Hyungwon spoke after being so quiet all this time. “the attack seems too aggravating. They are looking for something and you know who they’re looking for.”

The rest of the pack now knew about the prophecy completely. It left them speechless because of the consequence they might have if anything went bad.

“He’s right. Right now, protecting you is the ultimate goal because if anything happens to you—“ Hoseok chimed in just right before Hyunwoo cut his words. “Nothing will ever happen to you. I promise. But please listen to me. Right now, being safe is a smart move rather than fighting this.”

Kihyun’s heart swelled at the words Hyunwoo just said but he secretly calmed himself down, it’s probably the Alpha thing that made the omega within reacted so wildly. His authoritative tone or his leadership manner, and certainly not his intoxicating good smell—

“Alright, alright. I will ... listen this time. Just—this time.” Kihyun shrugged his shoulders. This time? Well, wait until he tells you to strip—

Kihyun hissed at his own omega and cursed internally because he felt the warmth crept and spread along his cheeks.

But Hyunwoo didn’t pay attention to how red his cheeks were, to the wild beating of his heart, to the constant glances he kept giving to the said. He just nodded and ordered his best men to Kihyun, Jooheon, Changkyun, and Minhyuk.

Hyunwoo held Hoseok and Hyungwon’s shoulders, “Hoseok, Hyungwon, stay with me. We’ll put them to an end today!” He looked at Yongguk and his companion briefly, “ I sincerely appreciate you being here and fight with us. Let’s put aside our personal matter and focus ourselves in getting rid of these creatures tonight.”

Yongguk nodded, “You have my word, brother. We’ll never leave you alone in this battle.”

Before they headed to the battle, Hyunwoo glanced at Kihyun who’s now talking to Yongguk. The older felt a stinging pain in his heart but it’s not a moment to be selfish. The destiny of his pack and probably other clans are at stake.

He could not deny the selfish part, a tiny part that he fought this battle is for Kihyun. The said has invaded his mind, heart, and life just in a brief time. But the latter is—

Hyunwoo shook his head and walked away. But then he felt a hand reached to him. The smell of misty mountain and lavender mixed with rare Black Orchid attacking his nostrils.

“Alpha Hyunwoo ...”

Hyunwoo turned his body to face Kihyun. His eyes fell to the shorter with a tint of sadness still lingered in them. Kihyun’s hearts stung at the sight. Hyunwoo’s no doubt trying his best to change for him. But it’s not that easy to forget his past.

And it’s something Kihyun was unable to bear if he chose the wrong mate...

“Sorry, for being ... so stubborn,” Kihyun closed his eyes for a moment, suddenly forgetting about what he wanted to say.

Kihyun didn’t know why he did this, why he had to go to him and to comfort him. His legs seemed to walk without his consent to the source of musky Cedarwood that made his omega whimpered in need. He felt the tug, the constant plea pricking and clawing from inside, something of him was dying to come out and claimed something.

What something?

“Well, it’s you. The stubborn omega,” said Hyunwoo with a smile, his eyes traveled at every corner of Kihyun’s face, savoring it inside his mind.

He might not be able to see it again, who knows?

“but I love everything about this stubborn omega.” Hyunwoo winked, trying hard not to hold the omega in front of him possessively, taking him to somewhere safe with him. His wolf was so restless and pacing back and forth within him, he’s worried to death.

But that Omega was not his to claim even his mind and heart said so.

Kihyun couldn’t help to smile, a little but he smiled. His eyes were stinging now, he’s on the verge of crying and he didn’t know why. The thought of being separated from the alpha seemed to bother him more than he expected.

“Be safe.” That’s what Kihyun could say. He was afraid to speak a lot, knowing that he might utter something fool that he would regret later.

Hyunwoo nodded and smiled again. He didn’t say anything again as he gave him a playful salute and off to the battle with Hyungwon and Hoseok along with Yongguk and his companion.

Why is it so devastating? It’s painful to see his back and not saying something possessively. Kihyun expected the Alpha went like his usual, being so protective and possessive. He might glare to Yongguk who stood near Omega. But he didn’t do that earlier. He kept his posture and being neutral with Kihyun.

He did say he loved Kihyun but why was it not enough?

Kihyun smiled to Minhyuk who grabbed his hand and asked him to go to the cave. It wasn’t something that he wanted, being apart from the alpha. The truth is that Kihyun wanted to be side by side with the alpha in battle. His omega or maybe himself screeched within from being apart too long with the alpha. Was it the pull of a mate?

He’s not sure but it’s different from anything he ever felt for. His repulse for alphas and their cocky behaviors started to change. He was still being careful but not hateful. He knew now that not every alpha is a jerk.

Kihyun promised himself to tell everything he felt now to the Alpha when they got back from the battle.

He had run quite far from the village when something or maybe more following them. Kihyun didn’t realize it yet as his mind was preoccupied with thoughts but then when he realized, it was too late.

A little too late.

 

 

- to be continued -

 

 

 

a/n 

Hello all my readers

I don't know if you're still interested in this book or in this story since I have been away for so long. 

Well, if you're not a full time writer, you'll get it but anyway, thank you for those who stay and still want to read anything from me ^^

I hope this will quench your thirst for showki, a bit, before I drop many showki updates and new works   /spoiler alert/

Until then, enjoy!