Truth

Stammi Piu Vicino

You cannot expect any conventional conversation between two quite persons. They we're just sat there in the middle hospital silence and night got deeper. They pretty comfortable in each other company, they did not talk any but words for them was meaningless when you actually need each other presence beside you. Choi Junhong look at Hayi and in his eyes there were sorrow, calm, warm, pain mixed into one reflection; Her.

"Hayi" She rose her eyebrows and tilt her head to face him. She wait what next words that out from his lips. "You have been suffered a lot aren't you?" That sentence more like escape from Junhong, he couldn't help but to ask how suffered she was.

"I lie if I said I wasn't." Her gaze was so far away. Junhong could tell that she was in her past right now. She took a very deep sigh and close her eyes, released unspoken words of misery in her exhale. "But I did not want to be pitied. Besides I experienced many new things, learnt a lot too. Complaining just makes everything harder." Junhong nodded as he agreed. There was sudden called from Junhong manager and he made a 'wait for a moment' gesture.

"Hyung, what's the matter?" It seemed like it was from Junhong manager. He stood up and walked and made a distance from where Hayi sat. "Ok. I understand. Pick me up when I call. OK? Oh once more, did you feed Venus? Oh thank you." He ended the conversation and put the phone back in his pocket. He back to where he sat; next to Hayi but Hayi looked serious at one direction and Junhong also followed the direction. Hayi suddenly stood up and lift her feet to that direction. She had seen someone.

"Oppa?" It seemed Hayi knew the person that was -probably- fill all the administration on the paper, he put on the doctor coat. He was tall and had pretty clear skin, he was glowing under the hospital light. The guy Hayi called 'oppa' turned around and looked pretty surprise or shocked. "What are you doing here? Are you a doctor here? Have you met Yunhyung oppa?" Hayi showered him with questions but no single question was answered. The guy looked nervous, his pupil was shake and he did awkward movement. "Where is aunty? I missed her."

Hayi waited for her dozens questions to be answered but the guy looked nervous, he looked there and that lost her focus.

"I, She is, she is fine." He was so hard to find the words, he shuttered and did not stand still.

"Oh, great. Would you stay for a while? I am sure there were Mino and Yunhyung oppa somewhere. Stay oppa." Hayi insisted and somehow find her hands around his elbow she was begging him to stay. Hayi's face was so bright when she saw him. Amazed by how finally he became a doctor and missed him very much as she almost the third brother for her. In contrast, the guy were pretty nervous and pretty shocked when he saw her. The smile he put when he talked with the receptionist dropped with no traces. He flustered and looked away, somehow never looked at Hayi's directly in the eye.

"Swung Woo, let's go." The medical team called him, they looked pretty in hurry and carried a box. Hayi was not familiar but he knew for sure that it was a donor organ. Hayi couldn't force him to stay. The guy called Swung Woo flee and did not looked back anymore, no goodbyes and no words other than those shutter words.

Hayi taken aback a little, her eyebrow crumbled wondering what just happened. Swing Woo was almost like brother for her they grew up together and taught her many things. Her mother was Hayi's mother favourite gardeners she took care Hayi's garden and flowers well. For Hayi's family they were more than just a gardener they we're just like family. Hayi's family noticed Swung Woo talent in education and enrolled him in every best school with Mino, Yunhyung, and Hayi. He doesn't talk much and a Moody person, but he was so kind and always help Hayi with her study struggled. Hayi come back to reality after surfing to the past for a while remember all the laughter and all the fairy tales she told her. They've been worked for Hayi's family when she was two years old. She got closed to the receptionist table.

"Excuse me, perhaps do you know him?" Hayi asked the receptionists lady about Swung Woo that left without traces.

"Oh, Doctor Shin? Yes. He came once or twice." The receptionist could not resist her smile. She was charmed by him like almost all lady. Shin Seung Woo indeed has a face that could make all the frozen thing melt. This was a change to Hayi to get more information from her. "He is a really good doctor, but he also gift with medicines. Even a single glance he knew almost all pills and the contain, the effect and the use. Isn't it amazing? He could be a great pharmacist but sure he should be a doctor instead. I have researched you know." She chuckle and looking shy, her face could tell it turned into crimson.

Hayi sat on the nearest chair she could reach, there was this odd feeling she couldn't tell. Swung Woo was a man with confidence but his behaviour when he met Hayi was strange. Hayi's soul once again escape reality. She hold his head with still needle from infuse embedded in her skin, but she did not noticed and Hayi's hand started to bleed.

Once again she went to the receptionist and asked the lady without any courtesy. "I am sorry, but does someone could lost sense with medicine? Like literally turn crazy without any physiology damage?"

"No, of course not but with medicines everything could be worse." Answer the lady with confidence look. She was sure about what she was saying.

"Like someone could deliberately make the symptoms got worse with medicine?"

"I don't know if someone could do such bad things, but yes you could play with dosages and medicine mixed to make someone get worse with their physiology illness. But that was a very bad action only bad people or psychopath could do that. Very bad person." She shivered after say that, imagined if someone could possibly do such things.

Hayi's head spinning around, she reflexed hold her head very strong, the strong blood odour spread around her but she did not aware of it, she did not thinking of anything else but something that always been her questions so far, about her mother and everything that happened to her. Her mother was her priority no other things could distract all her thoughts about her mother because everything about her was questionable, ever since her father got arrested she knew that something was wrong and hiding this far. She just could not bother because it was too clean, too 'normal'. Now she wanted to make sure everything and she couldn't wait any night or any sun to rise.

"Hayi, your hand geez." The blood from Hayi's hand came from needle infuse that move carelessly from Hayi's movement and strong grip. Zelo took care of Hayi and hold her hands, she took Hayi's to her room after called a nurse. Hayi did not even noticed that Junhong still there next to her all along. She sat down on her bad and tried to clear all her mind. She looked at Junhong's eyes to help her build all her sense. She was thinking something very awfull she need someone presence to help her sense come back. She looked at Junhong's eyes and exhaled so deep.

"What is wrong with you Hayi, You did not answer a single questions at the main hall after you met Seung Woo. Are you OK?" Junhong looked concern, he observed Hayi's gaze face with worry. He did not like this, Hayi was a brave girl. He knew that the meeting of her 'almost called brother' was strange something was wrong, she was brave and a risk taker.

Hayi's smile, and somehow Junhong was relieved. Everyone could fall for that smile easily it was Hayi's best make up. He missed that a lot but still he worry about her.

"I am so sorry Junhong, I was so surprised to meet him." There was a little pause after she addressed SeungWoo and back to smile again to convince Junhong that she was fine.

"Wait for a nurse, your hands bleeding so badly." Hayi then looked at her hand it was held by Junhong so tight to prevent her bleeding swift. Hayi nodded and somehow pretty surprise that her hand was bleeding and someone held into hers so tight. She did not feel anything a while ago. She was thinking about something, and that should be happened this night and she couldn't wait sun to rise.

"Junhong, could you bring me some food? I am hungry." He little bit confused, Hayi never asked something like this before, she rarely asked for help even for a single thing. It was odd he could tell, but it was a silly thought remember that Hayi was in pain and Hayi did sometime asked for help, he needed and embarrass by her silly thought that something was fishy.

"OK, hold your hand. I'll come back soon." Even it was a silly thought Junhong stressed the word 'soon' without him noticed.

He stood up and Hayi could see her blood imprinted on his white t shirt and she felt so much sorry.

Hayi looked at her hand there were still bleed but it surely going to stop soon, she washed her hand carelessly and clean it up, she ripped her clothes and covered the wide open wound caused by her own infuse needle. She tighten it and grabbed her coat, phone and wallet. She made sure no one watching and closed her door very slowly. She flee to the elevator and leave that hospital to the main road.

The orange cab finally sighted and she did not waste this change, before Junhing noticed she was not there she had to go very fast. She hold the cab and give the driver an address after she entered the car.

"Are you sure miss? Why do you want to go to another Hospital when you already in front of a Hospital." The driver asked once again to make sure, the address was at the one hospital and Hayi was from Hospital, he couldn't get why she wanted to go to another hospital.

"I am looking for a doctor sir." Hayi answered the questions with determine, it feels so much tense and Hayi's deep voice made it more dramatic. The driver nodded and step the gas pedal. On the way to Hospital, she never stopped whisper 'Impossible' over and over again.

::::::::

Junhong walked on the corridor little bit rush, he hoped that she find her still on his bad with the wound all taken care of and eat something he bought deliciously. His instinct even made him run little bit, and never stopped hope that what he imagined was real but it was not. He arrived at her room and found three dumbfounded guys.

"Where is she?" He asked even he knew that the three man as dumbfounded as him.

"What are you doing here? Choi Junhong?" A man asked and sure who was he, the arrogant man called Jung Jaewon. Of course he was here -he thought- he must be someone who placed Hayi at the hospital at the first place.

"I accidentally met her at the main hall." He answered only what was necessary.

"Where is she?" Asked Jaewon with all his veins popped out from his head, his hands was gripping. His ears were red.

"I don't know." A firm answer from Junhong as he did not lie.

"Guys, guys stop. Now please explain what happen." Mino the oldest there stop the argument with those two man that ready to fly any punch and demand an explanation or some from Zelo.

Zelo explained everything from the beginning but of course passed all the conversations. He sat on a couch with very confused look, and lawyer Mino there looked like investigating a witness. Jaewon lean on the light pink wall all eye to Zelo. Yunhyung sat on the bed waiting all his explanation patiently and Mino sat on a guardian chair and fold his both arm on his chest examining everything from Junhong explanation. Zelo continued storey telling and reach the step where Hayi met Seung Woo.

YunHyung and Mino stood up from where they sat in synchronies even without looking each other. They eyes wide open that made Jaewon and Zelo confused. YunHyung finally looked each other. Mino calm his tense face and shake her head to YunHyung and he also calm her face second after.

"Are you sure?" Asked Mino calm, as a lawyer he was trained to control all the expression, voice note and gesture. He looked so professional but YunHyung there we're different, he was shaken and breathed so fast. He obviously tried to control his feelings.

"Yes."Zelo nodded.

"Do you have schedule tomorrow Jaewon?" Jaewon surprised at the sudden question but nodded to clarify.

"How about you?" This time Mino asked Zelo again and he shake his head. "Good, could you help me to stay here just in case she comes back?" Mino wait for his agreement, he actually sound begging it was hard to say 'no' but Zelo has no intention to leave this hospital before they find Hayi or She came back by herself. He did not know what was going on but he knew that Hayi should be saved.

:::::::

This hospital was huge, like two times bigger than the hospital where YunHyung worked. That was her first impression. The hurt from her wound entered her neurons and Hayi grimaced but shake her head fast; things like that couldn't bother her tonight. She entered the Hospital with courage even she did not know what she wanted to find.

It was a crowd night for that hospital, it was passed midnight but it looked so busy. Hayi wonder her eyes around looking for someone similar. Her pupil and her head began to hurt for spinning around too much, she sat as her legs finally gave out. It has been 20 minutes and she did not find any sign. She looked at the big receptionist table and came approach. The lady was looking so beautiful, with very neat tied ponytail and uniform. She smile at Hayi and she return her smile.

"May I ask you ma'am." The lady with glowing raven hair nodded as approval. "Does Shin Seung Woo work here?" The smile of the lady hanged into suspicious look.

"Yes." She answered even she still look not pretty sure about Hayi.

"Oh great, can I know where is he right now?" Hayi did not know what was she look like right now, a girl in the middle of night wore ripped hospital pyjamas with open wide wounded looking for someone that she was not actual sure why she wanted to meet him so badly.

"And you are?" Asked the receptionist. Crap, she did not know what to say. Carelessly talking will remove her change chance to get his information but she was waiting for Hayi to say who she was.

"Never mind." Hayi gave up on that, if she said that she was her sister the women will not believe it and she will never get the chance. Her hands finally bother her as she felt cold in her right hand, the blue colour from the hospital pyjamas just turned red. It hurts so badly right now, she looked at her hand and gasped, she just got the idea.

She entered the ICU with agony face, it was not fake as the blood start to make her so pale. She was took care by a beautiful doctor now, her hair was falling perfectly reach her shoulder, her lips was round and her eyes was big, a very ideal women. She was looking nice, Hayi lucky to be treated by her.

"I am so sorry, but perhaps do you know Dr. Shin Seung Woo?" Hayi did not knw why asked about him made everyone so suspicious to her. "Ah, she was my brother's friend so I see him quite often." She smiled for her reason, more like smirk actually.

"You just the sixth girl that has that reason." She still concentrate to sew Hayi's wound, but of course she was a pro, she talked with Hayi to eliminate the pain. "Quite famous Dr. Shin is he? Well, no wonder he has that face. If you ask do I know him, yes I know him. Not that close, but we from the same team." Oh nice, hayi thought. She seemed did not mind if Hayi asked about him.

"Do you know where he lives?"

"No, yes it is funny that we are friend but none of team members know where he lives. He always moves around here and there also he said if someone look after him and it was stranger do not tell them averything."

"Do you know why?"

"No. Besides his favour is make sense, he has fans you know. He is a nice friend but so mysterious, you cannot dig information from him."

"Do you know her number?"

"Of course, we are colleague. But I won't tell." She finished her sentence and Hayi's treatment wound." Hayi was given some medicine to drink to loosen her pain and prevent her for fever. Hayi did not took all the medicine at all, her mind was fly away somewhere, although the road was full of cars but Hayi only saw her mother face. Her mother did nothing wrong, how could them did that to her. She knew that it was not proven but Hayi knew her mother too well, she was a daring mother and she knew her determine, just like hers. Hayi's mother will never give up to recover, but why did they make her get worse.

Hayi arrived at her room, there was someone waiting for her. He stood up and looked so relieved. He dialled his phone and talked to someone. Everything just like a slow motion for Hayi, she did not know what was happen. All she felt were pain and tired, she and Junhong who waited patiently sat on the couch, all hayi wanted that night was to feel warm and relax, there was tomorrow that waited her.

"Junhong, can you help me?" That was Hayi first sentence after her escape.

"Sure, anything."

"Can you hug me until I fall asleep? Hug me tight."

Here they were laying on the Hospital bed, two adult and no one dictated them what to do. Hayi cover her face on Junhong's chest feel the silence world and forget everything about her difficult life only silence and warm from someone embrace. His arms perfectly cage her, and locked his warm around her. She rest her head and hands on her chest and let the night led them into sleep. Junhong rest his chin on top of Hayi's head, he grin with all eyes close. For a while he did not want to world to revolve and stop time. The feeling he always felt when he around her. Hayi let all her problems away, let this night be hers do what she wanted to do, whom she wanted to be.

:::::::::

There was a light on Hayi's sight, she still closed her eyes but aware of sun ray. Her head still aching and his hand still feel poignant but he feel fresh at that morning. She woke up but did not open her eyes yet, she felt all her warm from the sun. There we're voices; nurses, patients, visitors, doctors, any voice you could heard at the hospital those sound force Hayi to open her eyes. Hayi met Yunhyung eyes sat on guardian chair, he was smiling to her looking so mess but still managed looking handsome. Hayi return her brother's smile, she felt so nice that it felt like home. Mino there sleeping soundly on a couch. Yunhyung rose his index finger on his lips and whisper that he just slept about thirty minutes ago, Hayi nodded understood. It has been a year since she left Mino and Yunhyung's house in a small neighbourhood, she couldn't know that she will miss them like this. Hayi realized that it was hard not only for her but also for three of them. Hayi wanted to stop the time and just be like this like three of them, but it was s child wishful thinking because when you growing up, it will never be the same anymore, besides, her parents we're absence, it will never be home without them. Hayi close her eyes, took so much air she could fill her lungs. When she opened her eyes, she decided to take step into whatever her brothers hide from her.

"Oppa, after breakfast, there is something serious we should talk about." The look of Hayi's face was very determine and Yunhyung know that was just happened.

"Indeed, we should talk. Three of us."

:::::::

Silence for a while, three of them are enjoying the sun light through the window with coffee, bread and hospital breakfast for Hayi. Mino had woken up for he was not really had deep sleep. Three of them sat, Hayi now was sitting on the couch next to Mino, Yunhyung sat in front of them, still with his doctor suit and stethoscope in his pocket.

"Ear faster please Oppa" Hayi looked couldn't wait any longer and Mino throw his gaze to her. Even though Mino looked so friendly and easy going person he still a big brother to two children who were now waiting him finished his meal, he has this big brother aura that was scared by Yunhyung and Hayi to make them respect him as the first born. Hayi's lips was sealed after the glare and they return into silence again.

Mino now finished his meal, there were only wasted and cold coffee in the table, after final sip of his coffee finally his eyes all fixed to Hayi and then brother and sister begin their long discussion.

"First of all Hayi, you deserved a punishment after just disappeared recklessly." His eyes we're serious, Hayi got scold a lot from his brother more than her parents, it was both because he was first born and show the charisma of the oldest and indeed it was a careless act. Mino had responsibility to protect his brother, sister, and parents at once and it was so tiring both physically and mentally. Hayi's act was so immature, but she knew that something was happening when he upset about her action, she shouldn't met Swung Woo alone, now she was aware that something indeed was going on and whatever it was nothing good was involved.

"I am so sorry, but why did you so upset that I went to meet him alone?" Hayi defend herself with reasons after admitted that it was wrong. Yunhyung gulped and looked down, Mino blink nervously and took a deep breath.

"I am so sorry Hayi, but you should just live your life and don't bother of this kind of stuff." Mino talked so slow that he was nearly heard. There was this undying love of his gaze for her and it was so pure and genuine it was an act of love that Mino scold and said that Hayi should don't bother.

"What kind of stuff? Something is wrong isn't it oppa?" She grabbed Mino both hands and started to shake them to brag something from him; explanation. Mino did not move an inch and just look at Hayi with miserable look, but Hayi did not want that kind if expression she wanted an or some explanation why was everything very suspicious in her life. Hayi now looked at Yunhyung demand for some explanations, he couldn't take Hayi's begging eyes and wanted to say something but he was cutted off by Mino.

"Do not tell her Yunhyung."

"But hyung, she deserves to know, it probably make her aware and protect herself when we were not around. Father forbid this, but he said to tell her if it was around the corner, and this is this time, look at her hyung how many times you let her suffer like this." It was the longest sentence Hayi heard from Yunhyung that morning, she nodded as an agreement and return to face Mino with both arms still in Hayis.

Mino once again deep very deep, he looked at Hayi, pulled her hands and hugged her very tight. After he released his embrace he warped both hands in Hayi's face then patted her head with one of his free hand.

"Ok then, but first of all promise me you won't repeat last night action." Hayi nodded and Mino start to space out and rewind everything that just passed.

:::::::

"Almost six years ago we were aware that father get arrested. It as from his black out of stock fund. Everyone couldn't believe including his employer. No one believe that father could do such things that he used company stock fund to his personal profit. Everyone said 'how could she did it' and 'it couldn't be him' but unfortunately it was him. It was him who sign the paper and it was him who agreed.

But what profit? What profit indeed. There was this company business about to fall down and give a proposal to father. He couldn't take it at first as he did not have that amount of money to but that company, but he has intention of buying it and there were all the snakes put their hands.

You guys know Kang Chill uncle right?" Both Yunhyung and Hayi nodded. "He was father's general manager in our father's company and of the most trusted man father had. He was a parasite that live among our lives.

He said that he could borrow company's fund to buy the business company for father's personal profit, to rise another successful company. Kang Chill was a sweet talker and Father trusted him. Father rejected that offer for sure that he did not want to use stock fund but he kept persuading father that it was alright and that he could return the money later. He also said that this business company needs father help. As a great and kind man, father couldn't see someone suffering. Kang Chull took that advantage. After long discussion, and the business company couldn't wait any longer so Father finally accepted the proposal with one condition, he wanted an agreement paper from Fund Managers and it was set up."

"Did fund manager actually agree on that?" Hayi couldn't resist but to cut off Mino's dialogue.

"Yes, according Kang Chull, but something odd had happened. After the agreement paper arrived into father's hand. Fund manager was nowhere to be found." Mino continue his explanation.

"What happened?" Asked Hayi little bit shudder in her voice.

"No one knows. Not even father."

"It could be a company profit, if Dad bought the company with father's company name then it was not a crime if it for Company's profit." Hayi who was enrolled business mayor in her collage knew more about business industry.

"This the fatal mistake father did. He bought it not based on company's name." Pause for a while Mino took a deep breath and gulped, Yunhyung looked at Hayi nervously.

"Then what? Or Who?" No one answered Hayi, Mino stood up and faced the window, and he realized that the sun was little bit higher.

"It was under your name." Yunhyung spoke very slowly but Hayi could reach his and voice consumed into her ears and absorbed it. Then all of sudden Hayi felt cold and something wrong with her stomach, her nack tense and she filled dizzy. He thought that it couldn't get any worse but life always surprised Hayi weirdly hurting. No one spoke, Hayi lean on the couch and held his head with uninjured hand, she felt so dizzy and couldn't get anything straight, but she knew that everything was real and no lie lies in all those sentence.

"That's why we keep this from you. Father couldn't resist and admitted that he sign the contract sober, consciously and healthy." Mino finally spoke and got closer to Hayi. He sat on the couch silence and thinking.

"Then mother, what happened to mother?" Hayi closed her eyes as she was ready to hear another agony that happened in her life.

"Our theory was mother did all the investigation all alone secretly, maybe mother realized that everything was odd with Fund manager and everything, she was stressed out that time and Jung aunty who took care of mother, father's also realised that mother did everything alone secretly, father also did but later after father knew about mother and you, he stepped out. It was his mistake, he signed the contract. He did not want any of us involved now.

Hayi, everything was dangerous. Father said that he will be released soon and take care everything he could, we just have to wait little bit longer."

Hayi's head was spinning around, she remembered everything like how her father and read her to sleep, how mother took care of her when everything had happened to her, how her brother love her and scold her for her mistakes. She just wanted everything back to normal, he just wanted her family back, even without all the luxurious around she did not care at all and Jaewon, her flash memory rewind that night, and she did not blame Jaewon for everything he did for her and always thought that was an accident but it wasn't and it made her very angry that someone just ruined her life.

She was so mad but couldn't do anything and it made her more even mad, her head was hurting and she wanted to throw everything but she just sat there, lean her back and hold her head. One drop, two drops fell on Hayi's pale cheek from his eyes that she covered by her hands. She cried soundlessly which where all the agony, hurt, pain, regret, misery combined into silence tears. She started sob still without sound, her chest was lack of oxygen and suffocated. Yunhyung went to Hayi and caged her in his arm, so tight that not little space left.

"It is my mother and I want to know who did this to my mother. Whatever it cost I should find him or her." Hayi spoke hardly between her sobs, Yunhyung patted her hair compassionally.

Mino shone his head and pursed his eyebrow. "No, listen Hayi wait little bit longer, I know this is sound unfair to you but it is dangerous." Mino strongly rejected all Hayi intention. He knew his sister very well with all those determine she has, he knew that it wasn't empty words that came from Hayi's lips.

"No, oppa mother had suffer and Father was arrested for so called crime he even has no intention to do. I have to know find everything to take back my parents." Still between her sob Hayi declare a plan of her plan.

"NO! I SAID STAY STILL." Mino rose her voice almost yell. "Do you forget that they are my parents too? Listen, I couldn't protect them and I will take everything it costs to protect you."

It was the sign that no one will speak anymore. No one will argue what he said and anyone should do what he said.

:::::::::::