Stammi Piu Vicino

Stammi Piu Vicino

“No I do not want to do that!”

“You bastard! You are an actor, I do not care if you want to do it or not, the company had agreed! Move your and do what I say!”

“But it so troublesome. Can I be on the show where all pretty chicks are, It will interesting.”

“Listen you kid, how many times I told you that I am the last one on the company who wants to be your manager. Your personal manager. You should thank me. Now move your damn and prepare.”

“Ok. Ok. Don’t yell.”

“You make me to.”

::::::::::

“Oh, here he is.” A tall man he assumed the producer of the commercial he would take part. “I am afraid you will not show up.”

“Oh please, a man should keep his promise.” The words of the sweet actor made his manager rolled her eyes. “Let’s have fun, shall we?”

::::::::::

It was a tiring day yet for him. The actor who has this deadfall smile, he was talented indeed but he has some trouble with his personality. He reach his popularity after showed up in a drama, even he was not a lead but his somehow beautiful face capture everyone hearts, he build his career with sweat, he tried everything before, from the small theatre to big screen. But his personality issue somehow made a headline news new days.

His manager tried everything to save his image. He was actually a kind nature, but this celebrity syndrome somehow hit him hard. His sat in his van with iced Americano in his hands. He took sip and then stared blankly in the window. He showed his expression less like always. That commercial took a day. He just arrived house at 4 am last night and he could not get some sleep.

A ring tone vibrate over the car, it was not his so he did not budge even little. He stayed still like nothing will distract him with his daydream.

“WHAT?” He pursed his eyebrow but did not looked at the voice resource. Seemed like the road more interesting. “I will confirm this.” Said the manager turn off his phone. It was obvious that his lips was tremble. It was bad news for sure. “You little cockroach!” The actor release not words but finally looked at his manager in his left. He put unpleasant look to him as sign that he needs an explanation suddenly he turned into cockroach. His manager give him his phone, it was written there the headline news. Ha! He made into front page again.

‘An actor spotted in the club, fighting. Soon revealed it was Jung Jaewon.’

“I was there but it was not me. It was my friend, ah no. He was just someone close.” He gave the phone back to his owner whose face was almost total red.

“Sujong, turn your wheel, we’ll in the headquarters immediately.” Park Sujong his assistant manager who was younger than Kim Seron, Jawon manger looked at the mirror to confirm Seron order.

“No, I want to go home. I am so damn tired.” Jaewon insist with his –ready to eat people- face.

“You idiot! Don’t you think I am not? Don’t you think Sujong also not tired?”

“Hyung, listen it was not me, don’t you trust me?”

“I trust you little bastard, but we need to explain to your boss who is apparently is also my boss. You have changed this past two years. I don’t even know why.” Jaewon silent, he knew that he could not win the argument over his manager. He was right after all. “You pushed your own fan? That was quite scandal and it was the beginning your behaviour changed at all.”

“She was not a fan. And why I have to like someone I don’t like.” His manager speechless she just smirk ironically he can’t believe the actor who was big with him changed so much like that. But somehow deep in his heart, he knew that his words was just empty words. He just wanted to keep his arrogance.

“If she was not your fan, then who? And your fans all you got, you stupid dumb .”

“I told you so many times, she was not a fan.”

“Then who was she?” He closed his mouth, did not released any word.

“Sujong, go to my apartment first, I need to take something.” He faced the road again. His shoulder move down and up rapidly obviously held his anger.

“No, we have to directly to office.” But Seron was quite firm.

“Sojung, do what I say.”

“Do not listen to him.”

Kim sojung stopped the car in the middle of the road, he could not think clearly, Jaewon apartment was completely different direction Sojung just wanted to make it clear. But a cracking voice suddenly came from Jawon left, where his manager sat he closed his by the hard bumped from his left, the moment he turned his head to look his manager, but he could not recognise him anymore as his face cover by blood, he then turned to Sojung who lied on the air bag his white bag was turned to light red cover by Sojung blood. He then smell the blood as the solid liquid fell from his own head, he did not even remember where he got that he turned to the car window next to him, it was also had cracked but Seron cracked was worse. He could not see anything anymore. It happened so fast.

:::::::::::::

One week later

“Say, you need a job!”

“I desperately need a job.” The girl sigh so laud made him looked more miserable.

“You know that I have many friends, do you?” The other girl did not answer, she keep on looking her blue sneaker shoes and second after looked at the tall building around the city. “Hayi. Lee Hayi.” Her friend elbow her, hope to get some reaction. The girl named Lee Hayi looked little mess that day. It was the second time that day she got job rejection. Her bun hair looked mess, little by little her hair was falling near her ears. Feeling irritate, Lee Hayi looked at his friend, she pursed his eyebrow looked very annoyed.

“Yes, yes you are. You are famous I knew.”

“Don’t be so moody. Listen, I have job for you. See, you were a business management graduated student. This company probably need you.”

“Park Jimin, are you serious?”

“Hayi, I skipped my lunch for this information you should thank me. I teased you before because I brought a good news. It is worth.” Lee Hayi rolled his eyes. “Pen and paper please.” Park Jimin showed her satisfied smile. She liked to . Jimin got accepted in the big company a month ago. Hayi was not sure if she happy or sad at the time Jimin declared she was not a unemployed person anymore.

Hayi looked very curious about this company, she could not wait Jimin finished to write the address. Jimin finally stop writing but Hayi’s eyes got bigger, and his eyebrow meet each other. open wide.

“No no no. I will not sign in there.”

“Hayi, it is the only job match your major, and you felt guilty. Every day you told me how guilty you are. And you want to ask his forgiveness.” Jimin could not trust what she just heard, Hayi the stubborn girl was reject an opportunity.

“Become his manager. No! No way.” Jimin inhale. Hayi’s face was red.

“Lee Hayi, you are in a bankruptcy for almost three years. You lost your house and you really want it back. Listen, Hayi you were there every time I need help. I am poor since I was born, and I just got a job so I could not help you got your house back it was so expensive. So, do you have time to wait for me about uncertain time, or you take this job. Besides, there so many artist there, no one said that you will become his manager. You say by your own that if you had a chance, you want to be forgiven. It is not the time for you for being sissy.”

“Do you think he wants it? No! He hates all he might. He does not even want to look at me right in my face. You don’t understand, remember that accident?” Somehow Hayi low her voice, she was not calm, she was furious, too furious if you could say but if she raised her voice again she would be screaming. Not many people show around, but they talked about sensitive topic, not even a random people could heard this conversation. They both into silence, the water of the river they faced somehow not calm, then wind blew so hard. As hard as Hayi’s sigh.

“But you still need this Job Hayi, not ordinary people could do this. You should be proud, and they desperately need you as you desperately need a job.”

“But how if I ended became his manager?”

“It is good right, you want his forgiveness.”

“By making me his slave?” Hayi’s chin got low and lower.

“Well, if he really hates you like you said, he won’t accept you right? And besides, you could resign. Good by Hayi, I should leave now.” Jimin leave her spot, leave Hayi alone under the orange sky. Sun also wanted to leave its spot that day.

Hayi was a kind girl, very kind if you might call. But she has this temperament issue. She will fight what she thought was right, that was how she got many troubles during her school days. But her father will be here to cover Hayi’s ‘crime’. It was eight years ago, when she was at the high school, it was when Hayi graduated when the news about her father is arrested revealed, somehow his father ‘trapped’ into dirty business. Not a day Hayi forget when his father is arrested. She was there. Jimin would not believe it either, Hayi’s kindness inherited by his father, his mother in the other hand, a tough women who was very beautiful. Do not asked where she got the ‘fight’ skill, if you may recall her mother was a warrior. But all proved lead to his father, Hayi trusted his father, she always thought that he never realised he was in the dirty field. Hayi would not mind if all her belongings will in the debt, but not her house. A simple house, two floors, with modern exterior and classic interior in some part of the house, with vintage furniture and a very simple fence. It was far from the city and if you see it from the outside, you could not believe it was a successful business house. It was designed by Hayi’s mother, a humble women who dislike extravagant things. Hayi’s father never brought his guest there, it was so comfortable house in Hayi’s thought, and she will never forget the warm of her house. It was home after all, and she will do anything to take it back.

Hayi was silence, she will not wait for Jimin any more to get home. After Jimin got the Job, Jimin leave Hayi because of her office was too far from their house Jimin decided to leave Hayi, which more heavy to Hayi because she now pay the rent by herself. But it was Jimin choice and Hayi understood.

The reflection of the river water made Hayi remember a person. A man who was mad for Hayi but she ended broke his heart very hard. Hayi’s eyes was wet. Before she knew what will fall from her eyes she held it all she might. Hayi was not a weak person. She did not cry easily. Then she looked at the address again, she almost threw that paper in the river.

“Karma does exist.”

:::::::::::::

“Get out from my face!” A man was furious over the girl in front of her, the girl fell so hard. She got bruise, she easily got bruise actually her uncover armed was bleeding. But the man showed no mercy, he leaved her on the floor almost lying. Unfortunately that was captured by the pers. Day after tomorrow, he was bombarded by the flash of camera and question who that girl was, but he release no words. As he walked, the flesh of the camera won’t stopped he closed his eyes.

The ceiling looked familiar for him, it was his apartment building. He woke up with the swat all cover his body, not because the heat of the morning summer but from terrified dream he just saw. Two years ago, this man Jung Jaewon pushed a girl little bit too hard that made her serious injured in her arm. His company then stated that it was his sasaeng fan who was very craxy. Jaewon then forgive to his country for furiously pushed a girl, as an entertainer of his country it was so necessary. His country forgave him, he gained fans and popularity. But he has changed into someone new. Someone very ignorant and arrogance. Although he apologise for many people however not the girl he pushed. It was two years ago the identity of the girl remain mystery.

He sip some coffee he just made. He checked the time. One week after the accident Jung Jaewon was busy like always nothing changed, only he got no one in his side to become his manager. His company almost gave up, no one in his company wanted to become his manager. Today she got the call, said someone wanted to become his manager and will manage all his schedule. He little bit carious who was someone dare to challenge himself.

The ache from his head suddenly came again, but he can manage it, it just some bearable pain it will not bother him. He was a man after all. The little scar on his head he got from accident, thank god that it could be covered by makeup. As an artist, face was everything.

Suddenly her phone was ringing, it was new number. He raised her one eye brow. He was good at it. And slide the answer option.

“Who are you?” With arrogance voice he asked to the point.

“Baby, you don’t save my number?” Said the beautiful voice from the phone. Sound disappointed.

“Oh, honey. What up?”

”Would you come to my place tonight?” 

“Don’t you have any schedule tonight?”

“No, my drama is over. Don’t you know?”

“Oh, ok. I’ll go there.” He hang the phone no hesitate, like he wanted to end the conversation really quick. He dialled a phone number second after, and glued the phone on his ear.

“What?” This time, the voice from the phone who was to the point.

“Don’t be so cruel Hyung. They got new manager for me.” Jung Jawon was obviously annoyed by that fact he just said.

“Lord, who is the poor guy?”

“How are you? How was Sojung?” Jung Jaewon asked sincerly. Seron and Sojung two men who was in Jung Jaewon side even before he got all the fame. No matter how ignorant he was yet he worry about them sincerely.

“Sojung and I have the same condition, lucky that Sojung injured not damage his brain, but she need therapy and both my left leg and left arm was broken. Time for recover probably a year. It is hard for me to walk you know.”

“I am so sorry.”

“Tsk, for all the love for universe, I never thought you would say sorry. I am fine, what is happened has happened.”

“I’ll hang up. I need to go to office, I’ll go there soon after.”

::::::::::::

“Her name is Lee Hayi.” Jung Jaweon was lower his chin, he was sitting on his company main office, it was his CEO room. Jung Jaewon was not scared by this man, but he did so many things that effect the company. After heard that name Jaewon lifted his chin.

“Sorry, who?” He asked for restatement. He just wanted to make it clear what name he just heard.

“Lee Hayi, I met her yesterday and she was qualified. Besides, we need her. See, no one wants to become your manager.” Jung Jaewon silenced for a while, he was thinking, from five thousand people in the world why on earth her name have to be Lee Hayi.

“May I see her profile?” His CEO took a folder from his desk and give him. She open without second. A picture then revealed, a picture of a girl with curly brown hair which passed her shoulder, with her sparkling eyes look straight to the front. Jung Jaewon than smirked, and smile with unexplained smile. “When will he work?” He asked while touch some numbers from his phone. After the command ‘save this number’ he press ‘ok’ and gave the number name. ‘Lee Hayi’ that was the name of the number.

“She will work day after tomorrow, you have schedule that day. And I’ll call her that she is accepted.”

“No!” Jung Jaewon immediately interrupted her boss. “Don’t bother. I’ll call her.”

:::::::::::::