Collapse

Stammi Piu Vicino

“I did not know it was you at the first look. But Jung Jaewon called your name several times. I just tought that he missed you so badly that he named her manager after you.” Choi Junhong or now well known as Zelo explained every detail to Hayi carefully not to offense her job. But it does not work, someone from Hayi past knew the story of Hayi and Jung Junhong. The whole school knew. It was quite famous if we reckon. She did turn scarlet, not because furious, nor offended. She already felt humiliated enough that nothing could humiliated her more. It just she was very glad that he remember her and act like they were in the high school, Hayi almost lost the memory, she glad that someone from the past came and remind her that everything was not that awful.

“What make it away then?” She smiled ear to ear still. Her face fixed to his eyes while Junhong looked away. He still could not look at Hayi in the eyes, something that made Hayi more feel like she was her, Lee Hayi not Jung Jaewon manager, though that she met her right here right now because that circumtanse.

“Your scream, you just produced it. Sorry.” He chuckle for awhile, and look at the horizon with dark blue color with little pink show up and other side the sky was bright orange. “It was not scream actually if we could call it, but rather yell. You used to yell near me, or scold.” He chuckle again, this time harder, followed by Hayi with little grim but she hid it, Junhong could not see it anyway.

“I did scold you a lot. I mean, you should stand on People, Junhong.” There was a peculiar pause. Junhong side more likely. Hayi did not fetl uncomfortable at all. Junhong tought that his feeling toward her change already but he just realised that he gained respect after her even more. He always liked when she called his name, it felt real that this person was there everytime he felt he needed help but could not say any. Maybe it was Junhong fault to enter school where Hayi kind dominate the school at the time, the rich, cool guy that all his/her future already decided. He often found hiself a subject of other students pleaser, he was told to do anything to avoid violance to hiself, even there still a day that he went home with scar. There was no use of tell the principle or anyone who has right, the parents surely cover everything their sons just did.there were several lies he had to tell her mother as he live just with her that he fell somewhere at the school. “it is been so long.” She gazed out to recall her memory about her past. Junhong noded, many years had past. They were here now, with different ocupation. That made Junhong uncomfortable, he did not know why she ended up there –being Jung Jaewon manager- but he knew what awful thing happened to her.

“Lee Hayi.” Someone break the silence, not in very pleasent way. That was several time her name was being called. This time with anger and furious tone. She did not know what made him that way. She did not do any mistake if she reckon that day.

“What’s up with you Jung Jaewon.” Hayi looked back, there stood Jung Jaewon with liitle pouch that cutely printed with coffe beans pictures and some words. His face turned crimson with very scary eyes.

“I left you for a while, and you wriggling your tail around man already. Just like the old days.” Jung Jaewon couldn’t control his anger, he spoke with unthinkable words he could produce. Hayi gasped as respond and freeze for a while, there was an invisble arrow that hit her through her heart.

“He is my friend. Choi Junhong.” She spoke after collected her sanse, she surprised by how Jaewon recall their past without any conciderable situation, they were in front of their old friend now that frankly Jaewon already knew that he was Hayi’old friend before her.

Lee Hayi left her room without looking back, she almost lost her legs that time but she also tought that she needed to breath, being there with Jaewon and Junhong at the same room suffucated her. With the sentenced of Jaewon that chocked her, she needed to get out from there, and she did not care what will Junhong respond, in fact she did not care of everything at all at that moment. She passed over him who was standing still with unexplained look, if Hayi could see him, he was standing with surprised look but also confused, he run out of breath just like Hayi did, but Hayi already left, she gone when he realise that he was over reacting and all the words he just said was unnecessary. Junhong as a stranger there shut him mouth with uncomfortable situation. He just shoke his head as disbelief and flew from the room.

She tried to cage her tears as she in the middle of people who showed their skin. There was not many people out there on the pool, she run to that place not knowing why, there were only three people around, they were swimming happily while watching the sunset. The three of them probably relatives as they share laugh and happiness, in contrass with her who tried to look strong. She did not bring enything with her, wallet and phone all forgotten all she could remember was running away from Jaewon sight. She skipped dinner at that time.

:::::::::::::::

On the plane Hayi thanked to her boss for let her saparate from Jaewon, she was at economic class, blend with other people around. Next to her was a child with two doughters, they were from vacation too she was from netherland after they chit chatted a bit. She remind her so much with her mother in the way at Hawaii vacation many years ago. She missed her. Hayi sat next to window, they left early at that time, she gazed at the clear sky next to her. Hayi was tough girl even before everything happened to her, giving up not in her league but she could not stand any longer to be toyed, she tough about if her salary was enough for pay her house. She almost cry when she tought about her house, money, salary, her mother, but before the tears fall to wet her pointed out cheek, she wiped it very fast that even her self did not noticed that she was crying.

She planned her next step after stepped her country again, she tought about went to Jaewon house and return his stuff that she always carry. Thought about Jaewon made her mixed feelings, she tought that altough she was wrong when they were in their old relationship status she still tought that he went overboard. She avoid him as could as possible and talked to him as essential as possible. They turned very cold again when she tought that everything about him was melted away like how winter ended and met spring.

Hayi brain filled with new set of plan when she landed off the plane, she did everything csually as a manager took everything on his care with silence there were no side to speak, but Hayi was a profesional even she did not want to make a conversation with him, she still took care of everything on her behalf, simple chit chat happened but only Job related topic.

The breeze of fall made them shiver and thighten their coat when they were waiting for the car that their company sent to pick them, Jaewon and Hayi sat down without talking each other just like complete stranger. Then suddenly Hayi phone had rang and broke the silence, Jaewon glenched to her for second then returned his unexpression face of him. Hayi could’not think what on his tought because that expression but she have no intention to think what’s on Jaewon mind. She looked at the phone the name on the phone made her look anxious and looked at Jaewon for moment and left him not too far away, at least she made sure to sight him but could not hear their conversation at the same time to pick the phone.

“It’s me. Have you read my message?” Hayi right side lean on the wall as she knew this would be a serious conversation.

“I call you because of that. I am so sorry Hayi, but I think he went overbroad by saying that.” The voice from the phone also had serious tone. “But I don’t know if it is right to quit, I am so sorry, even tough he was wrong and should not say those words but he does not know the truth Lee Hayi, in his eyes you were the one who cheated on him. Just say the truth and let’s see how will he react to, you should also explain how you felt on that day, maybe he will understand.” There was uncomfortable silence filled them, Hayi stared on the chocolate color fooltire, looked at her reflection.

“It is useless now Jimin.” Finally she spoke after long she tought what Jimin just say. “I will just make my apologize and out from his life forever. I will go straight to the company after leaving his home.”

“Giving up just not so you Lee Hayi, but if you keep hurting, it is the best decision then.” Park Jimin speak so low from the phone, she can feel all her friend sadness but Jimin knew that Hayi and Jaewon both stubborn person, if they fight then no one should tell what is right and what is wrong after they had some time to think wisely.

:::::::::::::

The next morning Hayi went to her office with uncertain heart. She took a deep breath and looked at any direction: she hesitate, the pain in her heart won't stay away, pushed her ego to say that she was giving up. Deep down her heart she knew that she failed, to be professional, to be strong but she won't let her pride to be stepped anymore, her heart already turned to pieces if she did not stop it will turn to ashes.

The fear of have no control of her anger beat the fear of failure, she was weak and she hated that fact. But better to be weak than hurting somebody else more over if the person was herself. She tighten her fist and gain her determination as her feet step forward with very strong will to quit.

::::::::::

Her offer to quit was accepted, with a very great unwillingness her boss let her go, he said that she could comeback anytime she want but it was her final decision. Now she was standing in front of the apartement that she was familiar with this past one year. She was standing in front of the door, her eyes we're gazing the door but her sight probably something deeper, more emotions, memories. Usually she only pressed the code pasword but this time it felt so wrong to enter someone house, more over someone you used to closed with. So she pressed the bell, and waiting in front of the door awkwardly.

Someone opened the door, it was Jung Jaewon standing with his eyebrows scrumble and showed his tense face he knew something went wrong, not their silent mode, but something else more big.

"Hi." She opened the conversation very shortly. Jaewon did not respond he still in daze. Frozen moment company them, none of them wanted to move even almost forget how to breath, the situation melted away thanked to Jaewon ringtone from his pocket, he saw the name and no need second to answer. It was from his boss. His manager chief.

"What?" His eyes got bigger and Hayi knew what news he just heard and gulped her saliva from being nervous for no reason. She was affraid that everything went even more worse she affraid that in the end she will leave without apologize.

"I guess you already heard. Yes, I quit. And I am here to bid farewell." Hayi talked as low as possible, rise her voice only to make everything more tense, she wanted to say goodbye like an old friend but she failed, Jung Jaewon in front of her was no longer her friend.

"Is it because yesterday? If yes, I am so sorry." Hayi did not except such response. She gasped a little and had restless eyelid. 'No' she thought, it couldn't turn out like this she the one who wanted to make some apologize.

"No." Silence for awhile, her sigh got darker and blur, so she shok her head to make it clear again but failed, she only saw blury Jewon standing in front of her. "I am the one who wants to say sorry. For everything I have done, not just this pass a year but also everything I did in our memories that left. I hope that we will never see again." Her sight got darker and blury the darkness has swallow the light completely.

::::::::::

Hayi confused as her eyes are closed, she felt noisy activity and a light through her eyes, she opened them and felt even more confused, she understand completely that she was at the hospital but when did she black off was blur, then she remember the flash of her saying goodbye to Hung Jaewon and Hayi couldn't more surprise that Jaewon was sleeping next to her bed, he was sitting while sleeping.

He showed movement for his uncomfortable position, Hayi slightly wonder how long he had been in that position, how long had been she did not realize what just happened. He opened his eyes as surprised that Hayi already sitting.

"Why we are here? Why do you do here? What do we do here? What just happened?" Hayi couldn't think simply, too many question bombared her thought, she only remember about farewell to Jaewon, but why she met him again in not very pleasent situation.

"Geez, easy. You passed out. I guess it because your body limit. I am sorry. Doctor said it was because you were too exhausted." Jewon looked calm, her expression also very composed. He just like a friend who had no complain at all, in fact he rather looked guilty, he indeed felt wronged.

"Then, why are you here?" She frowned and bite her lip, she remember second ago that she bid farewell it was rather awkward that the one who was with her now was him, the one who she want to see least.

"I just can't let any body passed out in front of my house. Beside.." He stopped and the tense expresion was melted away and once again he looked very calm and looked down, "Beside I think I gave you too much unnecessary work to do." Hayi rolled her eyes and back to lay her back, she still in shock but very dizzy, she looked, away and did not looked at Jaewon.

"Do not worry, I am freed my self for that, thanks anyway." She remembered now, everything went very unexpected when she entered his showbiz life, she looked away and inhale deeply, she reckon her bus day. Then no body was speaking, made Hayi exhale even more loud.

"You still my manager though, your exchange had been found yet. My last manager just got discharged and I want only him. I have schedule tomorrow, I can take care myself. Rest now." He rose from his seat, he looked at Hayi once again, but the girl won't bother to have a glench on him.

::::::::::

Jaewon walked very soundless, it was just like he was slowmottion his self, he did not focused, her gaze almost blank, he was at the main hall took care of Hayi admintration, he took deep exhale too many times that other people must had thought that he just faced very terrible fate. His footsteps was so slow, just like he has this heavy titanium around his leg, the adminstration table seems so far away, thoughhe jas no focus on that. Finally he faced the front desk table wothout he realised, he keep silent and in deep tought, he was thingking about his act, feelings, his emotion. He was in regret and puzzled off.

"Excuse me,"The girl wake him from his toughts and he gasped very little after that voice. He took care everithing then, and fill what is necessary from the paper he has given. he remembered Hayi profile more than he shouldn't. He did not miss anything, the flash of her profile he remembered from memory still vivid for him. While he was finishing his profile a slap on his shoulder distrubbed him. Song Yunhyung showed her sweet smile like always.

"What are you doing?" He was greeting like an old bro. They were closed once, bit they did not in contact after that night. But Yunhyung was never awkward with him though Jaewon keep something in mind about him.

"I am filling Hayi adminitration." He smiled to him but less expression his attention back to the paper.

"No, let me do that I just finished my work here, I'll be with Hayi tonight and Mino hyoeng also will come to replace me if I have work." Both turned silence, Yunhyung was not the quite type so was Jaewon, but something in their mind locked their lips to talk. "Listen, I know that it is rally akward, so how about we talked about what happened that night according to our perspective. We were buddies Jaewon, after that night we hate each other, even so I owe you an explanation." Finally Yunhyung opened his mouth, he broke the silence since he did not feel comfortable. He did not like it.

Jaewon stay still, only his eyes and shoulder were moving. He then liked at Yunhyung with deep look and finally he nodded.

::::::::::::::::

They were in hospital cafeteria sat with eyes looked each other, that night only couples of people show around maybe just for a sip of coffee or to relax their mind, that pleace was the closest to the garden.

"Listen, that kid has nothing to do with this story, well he did but he was not what you thought." Yunhyunh began the conversation without any intro, he directly mention the third party just like he and Jaewon understand very well who was 'the kid' refers to.

"I saw with my own eyes." Jaewon looked strained, the look for Yunhyung turned to gaze.

"This is what I really wanted to tell you, but you made me hate you before I did. The way you pushed Hayi to almost dengar her life made me think that you did not deserve any explanation." He stare the cream table deeply, as he projected all the situation on it. The past that they have been through.

"What does make it change?" Jaewon pursed his eyebrow, he narrow his eyes and looked tensed, he was eager to know what actually happened.

"That night. Right, the fact that night made everyrting so vivid and vague sat the same time." He looked away, tried to remember what was vague and rememory what was vivid.