Fire [MoChaeng]

Twice Oneshot Collection Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: There’s no spark between them—there’s fire.

Pairing(s): main!MoChaeng

Genre(s): romance

A/N: pairing requested by VanessaKOfficial :D

Song is Fire by Junho of 2PM. Tbh I wrote the entire thing before adding the lyrics so I was surprised that it fits quite well.

Enjoy! ;)

 

 

*thoughts are in bold*

 

They say there’s a spark between two lovers—paralyzing, mesmerizing spark that sends shiver down your spine and traps your gaze within your soul mate’s—and you’ll know it when you feel it.

Sometimes, Chaeyoung wonders about it, wonders if it’s really a spark she’s feeling whenever she sees Momo dancing under the dimly lit practice studio, her intense gaze and powerful movements unmatchable by the other members. She feels Momo’s stare digging deep into her soul, choking her with the unwavering intensity of it all, and she feels herself combusting. There’s no spark, she thinks, but there’s this searing heat inside her, the kind that makes you feel like your entire self is burning to ashes.

Sometimes, Momo thinks it over, thinking if the way her heart melts into a puddle at the sight of their second maknae spitting her rap parts like machine guns firing bullets is indeed akin to sparks flying into her weak heart, that there’s something more between the two of them than what everyone could see. That Momo isn’t the only one feeling that instead of sparks, there’s a burning flame inside her, eating her soul away into charcoals.

           

“Chaeyoung-ah,” their leader’s voice is soft, toned down to a whisper, her fingers tracing over a piece of paper on top of the main rapper’s desk, “why aren’t you sleeping yet?”

The younger girl glances at the clock. 03:23 a.m., it reads, and she finally understands just why her eyes have been drooping down since two hours ago.

“I’ll just finish this one before going to bed,” she answers, “Jihyo-unnie should sleep too.”

Jihyo doesn’t answer, instead pursing her lips into a thin line whilst reading one of the papers, “This is… a song?”

“Y-Yes?”

“Mmhm,” the usually loud girl hums, soft and knowing as she reads through the lyrics tentatively, “her birthday is in a few days, right? Is that why you’re rushing this?”

“Unnie,” Chaeyoung widens her eyes, panic and urgency evident in her voice, “i-it’s not like what you think! I just—”

“Ah, ah,” the older girl presses her finger on the other girl’s lips, “there’s no need to lie. Lying is bad, and besides I already know.”

She sits on the edge of the maknae line’s bed, Dahyun and Tzuyu already in their deep slumbers, “I’m rooting for you two, Chaeyoung, and I just want you to know that.”

The Son buries her face into her two palms, “I don’t know, unnie. I’m scared, what if she doesn’t think the same? What if it’s just me?”

“You know those are just ‘what if’s,” she says, “You have to be braver than this. Have faith in yourself.”

“Easier said than done…”

“Hey, look at me,” Chaeyoung obliges, and the first thing she sees in her leader’s eyes is believe, trust, “I know you’re scared and afraid,” she says, “but if you don’t do it, you might regret it for the rest of your life.”

“… Okay.”

Jihyo gives her one last firm, reassuring pat on her shoulder, “go get her, baby lion.”

 

Momo stays behind after their group practice, trying to perfect the dance moves for their upcoming comeback. Even though the steps are surprisingly easy to memorize, she feels like she still needs to do better than this.

Ever since SIXTEEN, there has never been one time when Momo didn’t practice more than the others. She works twice as hard as the other members, always feeling like something is lacking in her movements even though there’s nothing to improve anymore. She knows the others are worried about her overworking herself, but she reassures them that she’s okay, that she’s fine even if her entire body is burning, begging her to douse down even for just a second.

She is about to replay the song once more when she hears rapid knocks from the studio door. The wooden door opens and reveals the one person she least expects, “Chaeyoung-ah?”

“Hi, Momo-unnie,” the young rapper greets sheepishly, “Is it okay if I come in?”

The Japanese gives a curt nod and a smile. As Chaeyoung fully enters the studio, Momo notices that the girl is hiding something behind her back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter