His Last Vow: The Interlude

1983: Teukchul

"...ing hell for all I care!" Heechul's voice worms its way into Jungsoo's brain. Slowly, unwillingly, he opens his eyes to bright lights and stark white.

"About time," Heechul greets coldly, standing over him, arms crossed. He is very obviously angry.

"Calm down, H," a tall, formal man soothes. "He just woke up."

"Shut up, Director," Heechul snaps, whipping his head around to glare at Siwon, the Head of the Movement. "It's all your fault anyway. If you had never sent him on this mission, he would have never gotten hurt, and we would have never known about this." Saying this, Heechul's eyes flash, and he focuses his attention back onto Jungsoo.

"How much longer were you going to keep this a secret?" he demands, throwing down a paper report with a snap. It lands on the floor, right by the feet of Yesung, who has just walked in.

"Jungsoo," he says quietly, the usual sparkle absent from his eyes. "He's right. This isn't just about you; it concerns everyone you work with."

"ing HEMOPHILIA," Heechul snarls, slamming his hands down on the bed to glare into Jungsoo's eyes. "I don't ING believe that NO ONE ever knew about this."

The pure rage in Heechul's eyes scares Jungsoo, but he has worked with his partner for much too long. He sighs and motions to sit up.

Heechul straightens up, tugging down his shirt angrily, and Siwon adjusts Jungsoo until he can sit against the pillows. Yesung just stands there, arms crossed, eyes dark.

"You're right," Jungsoo begins slowly. "I was going to keep this secret until I retired or died. You're also right; no one knows but myself, and the person who hired me."

That would be the old director, but everyone knows that he's dead now.

"I usually take medicine," Jungsoo continues, reaching for his suit pants that are on the side table. "But I ran out a few days ago and kept forgetting to get more."

"YOU ER!" Heechul roars, kicking the hospital bed with all his force, rattling Jungsoo. He storms out, slamming the door behind him, leaving the entire room in shocked silence.

"He knows you're lying," Yesung says in his quiet way. The door opens again before Jungsoo can reply, this time admitting Han Geng.

"Heechul was raging," he says, judging everyone's reactions. "Jungsoo, what did you do again?"

Jungsoo sighs. "I lied about no one knowing about this."

Everyone in the Movement knows that Jungsoo suffers from hemophilia. Everyone, that is, but Heechul.

Kim Heechul entered Park Jungsoo's life purely as a work partner. They weren't supposed to become friends, not even acquaintances, but they did. As for hemophilia, by the time that Heechul joined the company, Jungsoo had already been on medication for a while, and it didn't really affect him anymore, so he never thought to tell Heechul.

Unfortunately, Kim Heechul is the type of person to take these types of things as betrayal, especially coming from the one person that he trusts with his life.

Before Jungsoo is even out of the hospital, Heechul hands in a retirement report.

"I can't do this anymore," he growls lowly, eyes hard. Reluctantly, Siwon lets him go.

"I have lost two of my best agents," he laments to Jungsoo, who is confused.

"Why two?"

Siwon gives him a look. "Would you work, then, without him?"

And Jungsoo falls silent.


One last part coming soon! Also, I'm going to run out of data again so it probably won't be updated until the 28th >.< I'm sorry