Drabble Challenge

1983: Teukchul

A/N: hahahaha so yes this was the idea I had and thank you to everyone who gave me a suggestion! I will definitely take y'all up on them!!

Rules: choose a ship; put music on shuffle; with each song, write one story for said ship; do not edit or revise anything, and move on if time runs out

I will edit spelling only because I hate typos


Up All Night: Owl City

Jungsoo sighs, gazing mindlessly out his window. He lives in a high-class apartment, set twenty-seven floors above the pavement below.

But he is not happy.

No, he stays awake at night, pondering life's choices. He sighs again, tearing his gaze away from the scattering of stars upon the ground, represented by the lights of the city below.

He thinks that he would like light alcohol, perhaps a margarita. Okay, so maybe that's the only thing he can mix...

Anyhow, it will hopefully distract him from the pain inside his heart.

A beautiful face flashes across his eyes. Long, silky hair and wide brown eyes. Milky skin that begs to be bruised with lovebites and nips.

Kim Heechul. Perfection in itself, and he just had to leave.

Now, Jungsoo is alone and sleepless. Alone and up all night.

Mouse Loves Rice: some Chinese guy who has a weird name even in Chinese

"Heechul!" Jungsoo calls, waving excitedly to his best friend. Heechul laughs, making his careful way across the busy street.

"Could have waited until the green light," he complains, linking their fingers together. "You made me jaywalk."

Jungsoo pouts, tugging on Heechul's arm. "But it was worth it. See?" He points to the amusement park in front of them, mercifully empty because it's a workday and no one is out.

Heechul rolls his eyes. "Not if I get caught by the police." He chuckles at Jungsoo's glare. "Okay, okay, roller coasters?"

Jungsoo and Heechul spend an entire four hours nearly puking on the loops. Heechul looks at Jungsoo waddling around; he thinks that he could live with this idiot forever.

The next few hours are spent eating food - namely cotton candy - and then getting dragged onto the carousel. Jungsoo giggles, having insisted on Heechul riding a pure white horse.

"My Prince Charming," he had said, kissing Heechul's cheek. Heechul had responded in kind, laughing.

Dreams Don't Turn to Dust: Owl City 

Heechul lies on his bed as the moonlight filters through the thin curtains. Finally, he cannot resist the temptation any longer and rises, padding softly over to the window.

A sea of silver spreads out below him, and a lone fishing boat bobs upon the waves. Heechul sighs and rests his chin on his hand.

It has been too long, much too long, since his lover left him for the beautiful ocean. He dragged the anchor up and disappeared from Heechul's life. All his family condemned him as a fool for waiting so long, but Heechul believes that Jungsoo will come back for him.

Someday.

That doesn't say much, but it's the only thing that he has, and Heechul wants to hold onto it.

Hope is a powerful thing, and Jungsoo sure had it, so why can't he as well?

Heechul sighs again.

Warning Sign: Teep Top

"Hey, wanna play?"

Jungsoo looks the boy in front of him up and down. He's wearing a leather jacket, holding a cigarette, and his pose screams playboy.

"No thanks," he declines coldly, turning away. "I'm only here for the alcohol."

"Oh," the playboy smirks, placing a hand on Jungsoo's wrist. "Alcoholic? Or just to drown your pain?"

Jungsoo shakes his hand off - damn, but was his hand cold. "Neither. Get away from me."

He heads away, thanking the lord that he remembered to put his wallet and phone into his front pocket. Playboy is obviously unsatisfied with the answer and catches up to him.

"Just come on, I'm here to drown the pain too, friend," he insists. Jungsoo turns around.

"I meant no."

Cry Cry Ballad: T-ara 

Ten months, eleven days, and three hours.

Kim Heechul has been counting. He has been counting the exact time from when Jungsoo left him.

Releasing another pitiful laugh for himself, Heechul lets his head drop back. He can see all the bottles of alcohol, stacked on top of each other, rolling around on the floor, piled in the doorways.

He closes his eyes. He doesn't want to think about that right now. Right now, he just wants more.

More alcohol, more sadness, more...

Jungsoo.

He wished that Jungsoo didn't leave him. He wishes so bad, and tears leak out of his eyes, trailing down his cheeks to reach his ears.

Hastily raising his head, Heechul wipes his face with a dirty hand.

It's not like Jungsoo cared enough anyway. He won't come back, ever. Heechul knows it.

Star: BTOB

Jungsoo always thought he was decent. Not the best worker, not the best student, not the best person, but at least decent.

That was, of course, before he met Kim Heechul.

Kim Heechul shines like a star. He isn't the best worker, student, or person. In fact, he's probably worse at all three than Jungsoo ever could be.

But Kim Heechul shines so bright that nothing else matters.

Kim Heechul is perfection. His smile makes Jungsoo want to take pictures, but Kim Heechul doesn't like taking pictures.

Kim Heechul is absolute. His anger makes Jungsoo want to kill himself, but Kim Heechul is also gentle, and he doesn't like suicide.

Jungsoo is so lost in this perfection called Kim Heechul. He wants to drown in his eyes, his brightness.

Just a pity that he's not up there, as bright. Just a pity that Kim Heechul doesn't know that he exists.

Just a pity that Kim Heechul loves someone else, so much.

Endless Moment: Super Junior 

Jungsoo takes a picture of them, and he preserves that moment forever.

Even after ten years, then, they can find that old poloroid and laugh at him, at them, at the times, the memories.

Jungsoo, Heechul, Han Geng, Jongwoon, Youngwoon, Donghee, Sungmin, Hyukjae, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum, Kyuhyun. Later, someone - he thinks it was Ryeowook - photoshopped Zhoumi and Henry into the picture too.

It was such good times. Jungsoo holds back tears as he looks at the happy faces.

Finally, when he's had enough, he puts it back and turns to his comfort.

"Not those ugly haircuts again," Heechul snorts. "I looked disastrous."

Jungsoo laughs, Heechul's perfect hair now. "Never. Not to me."

My Thoughts, Your Memories: Kyuhyun

Jungsoo cheers them on from the army. Super Show Five hasn't been easy on his boys, he knows. Above everything, SM wants them to release a new album the next year. That means that Heechul and Jungsoo will have to come back on break to record.

Jungsoo's head hurts just thinking about it. He lies back on his hard, lumpy bed and thinks.

Super Shows always take such toll on their bodies. He hopes that they're faring well. He worries about Hyukjae; that boy is really too kind for his own good. Is he doing well? Is being leader harsh on him? Maybe he should have picked someone else... but who else?

The answer is always Heechul.

Jungsoo's first choice will always be Heechul. Pity he's also in the army... or rather, not in SSV.

Heechul, who can explode, who is always fair - okay, that's a lie - and kind - that too.

Heechul, who loves the boys like they're his own brothers because he's never had any.

Heechul, whose only hyung is him, who needs to stay strong for Jungsoo.

Heechul, who loves and is loved by Jungsoo.

Heechul, who will be home soon, and Jungsoo can see him then.

Jungsoo falls asleep with a sweet smile.

Exodus: EXO

"Run, Heechul!" Jungsoo screams, pushing Heechul forward. "Go and don't look back!"

Heechul runs, how he runs. He runs for his life, because Jungsoo told him to. He runs because there is a monster in his home, and Jungsoo is trying to protect him from it.

The monster will not harm Jungsoo, he knows. It will only hurt him, Kim Heechul, no one else.

Jungsoo is trying to push him away from the monster because he knows that Heechul will not survive anymore.

Heechul collapses by the asphalt road, breaths coming harsh and painful. Jungsoo, where's Jungsoo?

He looks back. The path is dark and ominous, full of a past he would not delve into.

But for Jungsoo, he must. Heechul grits his teeth and runs back in.

If only for Jungsoo.

He runs and he cried. For Jungsoo.

What If: EXO

Jungsoo stands by the riverside, feeling the cold wind on his face, turning his cheeks apple red.

He is missing someone, someone who loved that color on his cheeks, who always kissed them to make them even redder.

Jungsoo looks down at the water, at the bright lights that reflect off of it. They stain the water orange, and his someone has always loved that color, streetlight orange.

Jungsoo looks up at the sky, at the few stars that appear in the velvet sky. His someone has always loved watching the stars come out, loved the moon and its serene light, silver and calm.

What if he can't see it now?

Jungsoo lowers his head. His someone is gone, long gone, to a land long forgotten.

He hopes that there are such beautiful views there as there are here. Jungsoo doesn't want his someone to be deprived of the beauty of the world.

He wants him to be happy, that's all. But what if he's not?

What if he misses Jungsoo? What if he misses the world?

What if he doesn't want to leave Jungsoo alone with his beautiful views?

What if he still loves?

Drawing: BTOB 

Heechul looks up at Jungsoo, tracing his fingers down a soft cheek.

"Let me draw you," he whispers. Jungsoo leans down and kisses him.

"I'll let you draw me, draw on me, draw for me, whatever you want to do."

Heechul holds a pencil, grasping his hair, puzzling over how to portray the perfection that is Jungsoo.

To him, there is no one more beautiful than Jungsoo, and he wants to draw everything about him, every moment.

When he laughs, the skies light up. When he flashes that dimpled smile, Heechul's heart bursts. When he frowns, the clouds roll in, and when he cries, the very world splits open, tearing Heechul apart.

Park Jungsoo is his world. Kim Heechul will make sure to document their every moment together.

But when Jungsoo kisses him, he all but melts, and he forgets about drawing him.

Instead, Heechul kisses him back, and hands roam where they should not.

Jungsoo's cheeks flush red, and Heechul lies panting, gazing at the perfection that is his lover, wondering how he is so perfect.